The future of Scourge of War?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: The future of Scourge of War?

The future of Scourge of War? 7 months, 3 weeks ago #1

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
So the Hundred Days is over. The emperor has been defeated, and the era of the Napoleonic wars has reached its end. From Waterloo, to Quatre Bras and Ligny, and finally the just released Wavre. I have them all and I love them all. But what does the future hold in store for Scourge of War? Where do we go from here? Whats next? Will there even be a next?

I hope so. I would love to see the Napoleonic series of Scourge of War continue on. There are so many great battles that could be covered, like Borodino(assaulting the great redoubts)or Eylau(Battle in a snow covered field, now that would be awesome) or of course, Austerlitz, Napoleons masterpiece. Theres also plenty more, Marengo, Leipzig, Wagram, just to name a few. Really Id be happy to see any of these.

What I don't want to see is for SOW to die here and now. I know Norbsoft is a small company, and the fanbase for these kinds of games is really small. In other words you aren't ever gonna make a ton of money making these types of games. But we're also a pretty devoted fanbase. If you build it, we will come.

One of the reasons Im writing this, is Ive heard rumors recently, that Matrix games was rather heavy handed in their dealings with Norbsoft, and somewhat demanding in how they wanted the SOW Waterloo series to be. I have no real evidence of this, just rumors Ive read on other forums, so I hope none of it is true. But if so, I hope it doesn't put the guys at Norbsoft off to continuing the series. Maybe on their own if necessary.

There's no other game system out there like Scourge of War, so lets keep it going
"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name" - The Call by Thomas Mordaunt
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDBoles, RebBugler, Little Powell, Jolly, Petrus58, voltigeur, Chichetr

Re: The future of Scourge of War? 7 months, 2 weeks ago #2

• Fernando
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
I really hope they will continue with Napoleonic Wars, what I would like to see the most are the battles of the Danube in 1809, Austria vs France.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler, Holdit, DarkRob

Re: The future of Scourge of War? 7 months, 2 weeks ago #3

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Fernando wrote:
I really hope they will continue with Napoleonic Wars, what I would like to see the most are the battles of the Danube in 1809, Austria vs France.

I would love to see that to. Wagram main game, and you have Aspern/Essling for expansion. Double win. Triple win if you split up Aspern and Essling.
"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name" - The Call by Thomas Mordaunt

Re: The future of Scourge of War? 7 months, 2 weeks ago #4

• skelos
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
I would be happy if they did a Gold Edition, with an undated patch, and more of a user friendly map editor and OOB editor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: The future of Scourge of War? 7 months, 2 weeks ago #5

• Chichetr
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
^^^^ This needs to be shouted from the mountaintops.

I too am absolutely obsessed with the SOW series and honestly think that it is THE BEST strategy series ever created by a mile.

I also really, REALLY hope for more SOW games in the future...be it more Napoleon, or even an upgraded ACW series or even something new (7 years wars..etc.), build it and we WILL come. I don't care about the price, the ones who complain about the price have no clue what goes into creating a game like you guys have.

So, THANK YOU, and I hope to see more in the very near future!

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDBoles, Jack ONeill, Chamberlain, RebBugler, Little Powell, Jolly, con20or, DarkRob

Re: The future of Scourge of War? 7 months, 1 week ago #6

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
In other words "Shut up and take my money!"

But seriously, I agree. While there are significant problems caused by the new interface that have harmed the game, it would be a shame to see no more titles from NSD along similar lines. I would think, for example, that a game based on the 1750s French and Indian Wars combined with one for the 1770s-1780s American Revolution would be successful and would interest a lot of customers.

NSD could take some of the basic maps from Gettysburg (American terrain and buildings are already present), including some of the freebie ones, retexture them to current standards, create some sprites and rework the Nap logistics files to provide a good game without a huge effort. I think the sprites is the big task and perhaps community members who make beautiful sprites such as Pom could be invited to help. Some of the modders who have recently reworked the Chicamauga map with new buildings and so on might be interested in such a project.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: The future of Scourge of War? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #7

• paulprithu
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
And what a waste of a Napoleonic setting this was....

A Napoleonic wargame set in the war with the most unbalanced armies and involving the least of the great leaders of the era.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds