Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.610
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.610

Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.610 4 years ago #1

I have re-uploaded this mod as 1 single file.
1. It changes the Gettysburg mini-maps from the 1858 maps to the 1868? Warren Map.
2. It also adds many more locations for use with the courier system.
3. In addition new courier commands have been added and the existing orders have been re-ordered for easier use.
4. The mini-map can be accessed while in the courier screen. This makes it easier for writing orders.
5. The game pauses while the mini-map is displayed.
6. Place names added to the new G'burg map.
7. New division and corps formations added.
8. Antietam and Pipe Creek mini-maps replaced with ones that are more useful for courier play.
9. Antietam and Pipe Creek maps road networks fixed.
10. All mini-maps have been enlarged by 50%. You must run the game with a vertical resolution of at least 1024, (selected on the Options page of the game). If you are unable to use that resolution there is a download that contains the normal size maps.
11. Expansion pack maps have been revised to Gettysburg map quality.
12. Added regimental short distance 'Advance to cover' courier orders.
13. Chancellorsville maps have been revised to Gettysburg map quality.
14. Mini-maps have been created for Garnier's Random Maps 2 mod.
15. Brandy Station mini-map added.
16. Troop formations have been rewritten. Troops deploy much more smoothly. No more Chinese fire drills.
17. Formations chosen when the Combat toolbar is selected will maintain their formation when they move. They will not revert to column formation, move, then re-deploy.

Updated for SOWGB and SOWCV version 1.61

CourierAndMapsMod1.610 Large Maps

CourierAndMapsMod1.610 Small Maps
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Marching Thru Georgia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chamberlain, Michael Slaunwhite, General P R Cleburne, Blaugrana, Saddletank

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #2

• Amish John
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
I'd like to try it buy I don't see a text file in the mod files with install instructions.

Also, how do you access the mini-map while in the courier screen?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Amish John.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #3

Amish John:

To use it:
Unzip the folder "Courier&MiniMapMods in your "Mods" folder.
If you do not have a "Mods" folder create one in your Scourge Of War - Gettysburg folder.
Start the game and go to the "Modifications" screen. There you will see Courier&MiniMapMods.
Click on it twice. A yellow square will appear to the left of the mod name.
Click on the "Check Mark" button at the bottom of the screen.
You can now use the mod in any sandbox or user scenario.

Also, how do you access the mini-map while in the courier screen?

The mini-map is accessed by clicking on the word 'Map' at the top left of the courier screen.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #4

• Amish John
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #5

• Amish John
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
The new modded mini maps are scrunched up on my computer (like LP's). Can someone repost the fix?

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #6

Amish John wrote:
The new modded mini maps are scrunched up on my computer (like LP's). Can someone repost the fix?

www.norbsoftware.com/NSDTeam/MattC/CouriersAndMaps.zip
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #7

Hi.

Marching Thru Georgia, I have a question. I noticed that when I bring up the map I can see the enemy positions. I have found I no longer need to send out scouting parties.

Also, I have had no problems with the map as other are having. My screen resolution is 1024x768 (just thought I would mention it).

Cheers...
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Michael Slaunwhite.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #8

Mike:
Those enemy positions will show up initially in some situations. The Warren map has no magical properties as far as I know. If you have the 'Map Icons Display Setting' to 'All In Sight' you will see that effect. As you and your men begin to move off the high points, the enemy icons should start to turn into question marks.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #9

Marching Thru Georgia wrote:
Mike:
Those enemy positions will show up initially in some situations. The Warren map has no magical properties as far as I know. If you have the 'Map Icons Display Setting' to 'All In Sight' you will see that effect. As you and your men begin to move off the high points, the enemy icons should start to turn into question marks.

Hi Marching Thru Georgia.

Thanks for the response. You are correct I checked my settings, and it is set to 'All in sight', but something odd is happening, I'm not able to change this setting, Any ideas to what may be causing this?

I can adjust all other settings, but not this particular one.

Hmmmmm.....

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #10

I can be a bloody bonehead sometimes. Sorry Marching Thru Georgia. I was able to change the settings when Custom is selected. But, my settings were set to normal, so my question is, with the settings set to normal, should I still be able to see all the troops on the map?

Cheers...

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #11

• Amish John
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
MTG,

Thanks for this mod. The Warren map looks great. LP, that new link did the trick.

John

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #12

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
mikesla wrote:
But, my settings were set to normal, so my question is, with the settings set to normal, should I still be able to see all the troops on the map?

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I have my settings on the following…

Map Icon Display Level: All in 700 yards

This appears to only show the units that are in direct line of sight with the Army Commander.

I have nine brigades on the map, roughly seven are deployed near the wheat-field area spreading towards the north, the other two is still near the Army Commander, as seen on the screen.

I think that this is one of the great not talked about hidden features of the SOW game, you must manually spot the enemy approaching, without the cheating effect of seeing them on the jump map.

And staying on topic: these jump maps by Marching Thru Georgia – are a lot better than the default maps .

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #13

Hi Davinci, and to MTG (Much shorter, and easier )

Okay, I'll try your settings Davinci.

and to MTG. With this all in one mod, can I still use the "Artillery Fire and Enfilade Fire Mod" you created, or is it also included in the one file?

Thanks again for the help, it's always appreciated. GREAT Mod MTG, as always!

Cheers...

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #14

Mike:
The courier mod and artillery mod are seperate. You have to select each one individually.

You also mentioned the issue of seeing the enemy position sometimes. I did some testing, and it is a bug. Whenever a courier is sent with orders, the enemy position is revealed. It's as if the courier has Superman vision. After a few seconds, the enemy position returns to question marks. Thanks, for spotting it and asking about it. It's now been reported.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #15

Mike:
The courier mod and artillery mod are seperate. You have to select each one individually.

You also mentioned the issue of seeing the enemy position sometimes. I did some testing, and it is a bug. Whenever a courier is sent with orders, the enemy position is revealed. It's as if the courier has Superman vision. After a few seconds, the enemy position returns to question marks. Thanks, for spotting it and asking about it. It's now been reported.

Hi Marching Thru Georgia.

Thanks, good to know about the Arty mod, and your welcome. Great to know it wasn't my wee bit of a brain playing tricks on me.

Cheers, and take care.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #16

• Kerflumoxed
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
  • Retired FB Coach, History & Pol. Sci. Professor
I have re-uploaded this mod as 1 single file.
1. It changes the mini-maps from the 1858 maps to the 1868? Warren Map.
2. It also adds many more locations for use with the courier system.
3. In addition several new courier commands have been added and the existing orders have been re-ordered for easier use.
4. The mini-map can be accessed while in the courier screen. This makes it easier for writing orders.
5. The game pauses while the mini-map is displayed.

NOTE: If you have already downloaded this mod you may want to do so again as I have added a few more map locations.

Courier&MiniMapMods Download here.

Is there anyway to be able to print the map(s) on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet?

Thanks

Jack
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 4 years ago #17

Jack:

You can open the .dds files, (those are the actual map files), with a program such as Irfanview and print them.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 3 years, 10 months ago #18

I have updated the mod for SOW 1.10. Changes from the previous version include new courier commands to take advantage of the larger distances found on the Alpine map. Also the modified Alpine map is included, (thanks Davinci), with the corresponding mini-map. Also, the mini-map screen that is called up in the courier system has been modified.

The link for this update is in the 1st post of this thread. Enjoy.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 3 years, 10 months ago #19

Hi.

Thanks again for your great mod MTG, as always your work is top notch. The maps are very cool.

Please keep up this great work, I've become a fan so please keep the mods coming.

Later!
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by Michael Slaunwhite. Reason: Can't sleep.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 3 years, 10 months ago #20

MTG, there seems to be a problem with your mod.

I noticed that you have a new map called East Calvary Field. When I choose the map, and a stock oob I get two things happening (one or the other error occurs, never both). First errors is the game locks.

second error is:
courier_mapmoderror.jpg

I know the .isl file is missing from the base/maps directory.Was this accidentally omitted from the mod?

Hope this helps.
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by Michael Slaunwhite.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 3 years, 10 months ago #21

I thought I removed all that before I uploaded the file. Just open the mod map folder and remove the files labeled ECF. Sorry about that.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods 3 years, 10 months ago #22

I thought I removed all that before I uploaded the file. Just open the mod map folder and remove the files labeled ECF. Sorry about that.

Hi there MTG, it's never a problem, your work is top of line.

I just copied over alpine, and renamed it too 5_ECF.isl just in case what you had in mind was based on the Alpine map.

Again, I love your mods....please keep them coming.

Cheers, and take care.
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by Michael Slaunwhite.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 10 months ago #23

There was a small omission in the alpine.csv file. I have updated it and it if in the download at the beginning of this thread.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 9 months ago #24

• Jsteed
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
These maps are a great help. Is there any way they can be used when running the game scenarios since mods can't be used. The scenarios are hard enough as it is without having to use the chamber of commerce type maps.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 9 months ago #25

Jsteed wrote:
These maps are a great help. Is there any way they can be used when running the game scenarios since mods can't be used. The scenarios are hard enough as it is without having to use the chamber of commerce type maps.

There is a way, but it's never a good idea to modify the stock game files. It can cause mod conflicts etc. and it will break MP.

The only true safe way to to use mods in Scenarios is to play the Historical Scenarios Mod found in the Mods Thread.

This brings up a thought.. The Historical Scenarios mod is great for people that want to play all of the scenarios without having to unlock any and to use other mods with them, but carryover is disabled on them.. I won't go too into detail but with carryover disabled, some of the later scenarios can be either REALLY hard or really easy... So maybe I should make a version where carryover is not disabled.. So they will be just like the stock scenarios.... Thoughts?
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 9 months ago #26

Jsteed wrote:
These maps are a great help. Is there any way they can be used when running the game scenarios since mods can't be used.

Little Powell wrote:
There is a way, but it's never a good idea to modify the stock game files. It can cause mod conflicts etc. and it will break MP.
The only true safe way to to use mods in Scenarios is to play the Historical Scenarios Mod found in the Mods Thread.

Naah. Fate favors the bold! Just go to the Courier&Maps\Maps folder and copy the files into your \Base\Maps folder. Be sure to make a backup of those files first in case something goes wrong or you decide you want to go back. But really, you'll never go back.

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 9 months ago #27

Jsteed wrote:
These maps are a great help. Is there any way they can be used when running the game scenarios since mods can't be used.

Little Powell wrote:

Naah. Fate favors the bold! Just go to the Courier&Maps\Maps folder and copy the files into your \Base\Maps folder. Be sure to make a backup of those files first in case something goes wrong or you decide you want to go back. But really, you'll never go back.

Ok ok MTG.. But you're gonna have to help him out when he realizes he can't play MP..
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by Little Powell.

Re: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 9 months ago #28

Little Powell wrote:
Ok ok MTG.. But you're gonna have to help him out when he realizes he can't play MP

Since it's not a change in the Work folder, it should be OK in MP.

Re: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 9 months ago #29

• Jsteed
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
So I have to decide to be either a McClellan or a Lee.

Re: Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.10 3 years, 9 months ago #30

Jsteed wrote:
So I have to decide to be either a McClellan or a Lee.

Nice..

Go ahead be a Lee... You should be fine.

Notice all of the "should"s in this thread... Should is another word for "covering my ass because I'm not 100% sure it will work"... It's one of the most commonly used words in the tech support field.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Moderators: Marching Thru Georgia
Time to create page: 1.45 seconds