Username Password: Remember me

Released Mod Threads
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Released Mod Threads

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 8 months ago #31

• Wolfe_CH
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
My Maximum Toolbar is also available within the Alternate Toolbar thread. Both now have versions that are compatible with SoW 1.2.

Alternate and Maximum Toolbars

In addition to the Enhanced Unit Icons (already listed here), I also created some Enhanced Map Icons. Both seem compatible with all versions of SoW.

Thanks for keeping up this thread!

- Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 8 months ago #32

Wolfe_CH wrote:
My Maximum Toolbar is also available within the Alternate Toolbar thread. Both now have versions that are compatible with SoW 1.2.

Alternate and Maximum Toolbars

In addition to the Enhanced Unit Icons (already listed here), I also created some Enhanced Map Icons. Both seem compatible with all versions of SoW.

Thanks for keeping up this thread!

- Chris

Updated.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 8 months ago #33

Hi L.P

Could you put the link up for the Alternate Explosions?

Later!

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 8 months ago #34

Hi LP.

Just noticed that I didn't post the link to the blood mod.

Here is the link to the original thread. I just can't believe that much time has passed by already. It feels like I just bought the game yesterday.

Thanks LP.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 8 months ago #35

I'll be doing another update in the next couple of days. Thanks.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #36

Added mikesla's blood and arty graphic/sound mods.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #37

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Is Marching through Georgia's alternate artillery efficiency a mod or more simply a mere edit of the game files?

Powell can you confirm all mods listed are up to date with SowGB 1.2?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #38

GShock wrote:
Is Marching through Georgia's alternate artillery efficiency a mod or more simply a mere edit of the game files?

Powell can you confirm all mods listed are up to date with SowGB 1.2?

MTG's mod is an edit of the csv files.

I cannot confirm all mods will work with 1.2. Any mod by yours truly has been updated, rebbugler's DRF/Toolbar mod has been updated, and most of the rest should already be compatible.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #39

I am waiting for a few game bugs to be fixed before I release updated mods.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #40

Trees - Terrain Mod by Jolly
The download link is dead
can someone upload this please

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #41

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Confirm what John just said.
I'd add that it's pointless to keep 4 versions of the Lee mod considering V4 contains all the previous ones so it's better to remove the older ones.

I have installed several mods:
Both of MikeSla's sounds (musket & arty)
blueGreyIcon
BuglesandFlags 6
Enhanced unit icons
Enhanced Arty & Flank (then i discovered they don't work in tutorials lol)
Firing Mod V2
Lee V4
Maximum Toolbar
SR1 Sandbox

And I am experiencing CTDs in sandbox mode.
Now I have started removing them one by one but after removing 3 I am still having CTDs.
Is there a crashlog I can see to help identify the issue?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #42

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
GShock - the FiringMod V3 - is on the third page of that topic, the one that you are using will cause the game to crash!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #43

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Good God, I'd have never expected for that mod to be the cause... Anyway, add to my suggestions to DELETE the V2 from this page which should only list 1.2 compatible mods.

Thanks Dav. You saved me.

BTW I posted a help request for moving arty in the discussion thread. Care to save me again there?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #44

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Still crashing even with FiringModV3.
Tried disabling Max Toolbar (my guess is that RebBulge&Flags ALSO containing custom toolbar be incompatible with MaxToolbar) but no go. Still crashing.

Another guess is that the mods I downloaded are not V compliant with 1.2. Which makes me wonder, again, how comes they were not removed from the mod list.

Ah yes... just to make me crash over and over again. lol

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #45

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander

Here's the MODS folder. Trying up and down and having constant crashes. Some more help please?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #46

GShock wrote:
Which makes me wonder, again, how comes they were not removed from the mod list.

Ah yes... just to make me crash over and over again. lol

You hit the nail on the head.

No I just haven't had time to sift through every single mod and figure out which one's will work and which one's won't.. I was hoping the author's would update them to make them compatible. Some have already done that, but many have not.. So I guess I'll have to sift through them.. I'll get around to it, probably sometime tomorrow.

Edit: It's hard to tell which one of those mods is crashing your game. Disable all of them, then enable one by one to see which one is the culprit. If you find an incompatible mod, post in it's thread and hopefully the author will update it. If they don't, then I'll get it removed from the list (or tell you how to fix it if it's a simple fix).
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #47

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
I'm on it... will report back as soon as I find it. Luckily the game loads rather quickly, and it crashes rather quickly too. Shouldn't take long.

FiringModV3
Alternate explosions
Musket Fire Sound
Enhanced Arty & Flank fire
Bugles & Flags V06

all SURELY work together. Then it's got to be either the Lee sprites or the enhanced icons. I haven't tried the maximum toolbar because it looks like the toolbar modified by the bugle and flags mod is incompatible.

I'll let you know later... I want to play now, finally.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #48

• Garnier
  • ( User )
Look at sowgb.log in your Work folder after a crash, if it crashes during loading that will usually tell you what caused it.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #49

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Bugles and Flags will not work with any mods that alter the toolbar - gui. The toolbar in Bugles and Flags is also expanded, but still uses some tiers to maintain stock toolbar familiarity. Primarily, it's function is to accommodate many of the keyboard commands.

I'll have a new toolbar built soon for 'non hosting' MP play. The present one works fine for all as long as the host loads it, but that is not typical for random play.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #50

Hi,

Here is a version 1.2 of Drifting Airburst.

www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=44&id=21159&Itemid=103

Thanks,

CoB4thTEXAS

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #51

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
I could use some help to understand the difference with abbreviations in the OOBs.

I am using the SR1 but I am not acquainted with abvreviations... DRF means damned red flags so I presume it's belonging to that mod but what it does is unknown, what about the other abbreviations in the OOBs?

Can I use any OOB I like in Sandbox regardless of the battle size? (div vs div or corps vs corps etc.)

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #52

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
GShock - Check to see if the LeeMod is loading any graphics in the gfx file, and not in the new unitgfx file.

Basically, the new patch modified the way that the game loads files, the gfx file is now only used to load flags, terrain,etc., but not used to load any sprites, such as (Officers, Infantry, Cavalry, or Artillery).

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #53

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
I have disabled it along with the enhanced icons and the game stands without CTD perfectly. I did because I didn't like the idea that while moving they were using one sprite and then when halted another sprite. I suppose we could have the full sprite "embedded" in the next patch, provided the modder agrees.

Most of these mods should totally be "official" especially since we have all tested them and can guarantee their validity.
There's a mod that left me a bit puzzled when I checked the log... there's some calls onto the artyammo.csv that go on a missing item. Don't know if it's MTG's enhanced artillery... I presume so but it's a "mistake" one of his kind would never do. Will wait for him to say something about that.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #54

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Sorry for coming to this topic so late. I haven't had much time to dip into either of the forums recently.

Lee Mod- I doubt it will work with the new patch for the reason Davinci identified. Until I find time to look at a fix (not sure when that will be) it should be deleted or unloaded from your mods folder, and perhaps removed from the mods download list to avoid confusion. Apologies if it's been a pain.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #55

Crikey wrote:
Sorry for coming to this topic so late. I haven't had much time to dip into either of the forums recently.

Lee Mod- I doubt it will work with the new patch for the reason Davinci identified. Until I find time to look at a fix (not sure when that will be) it should be deleted or unloaded from your mods folder, and perhaps removed from the mods download list to avoid confusion. Apologies if it's been a pain.

You should only have to add the OOBMOD column and then use the unitgfx file for the sprite changes instead of gfx.

I'll work to get this list updated today. I'll remove the Lee mod until you can get it updated.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #56

All links have been updated and verified. Only mods compatible with 1.2 are listed. If they are not compatible, they have been removed.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #57

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Good one for the future.

Has anyone thought yet of a mod that decreases the unit numbers displayed? I'd like to try an army vs army battle but there are already too many sprites in play with the corps vs corps and my computer is not powerful enough. It would be a 1 fps battle, unbearable.

The game basically lets you choose the AI strenght but that's cheating, I'm thinking about something to show less men in each rgt to increase the fps rate without altering the real number of men, only the sprite numbers.

An alternate solution at this point, is to draw sprites when they are closer or reduce the scenery details. Unfortunately, this also takes out the fences and stonewalls which are KEY defensive positions so that can't be done as of reducing the distance at which sprites are displayed this doesn't solve the problem for me. With total camera restriction, your general has got to be relatively close to the heat of battle or you won't see a damn and can't give orders.

Anyone ever thought about this? A quick mod for lame computers like mine?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #58

GShock wrote:
Good one for the future.

Has anyone thought yet of a mod that decreases the unit numbers displayed? I'd like to try an army vs army battle but there are already too many sprites in play with the corps vs corps and my computer is not powerful enough. It would be a 1 fps battle, unbearable.

The game basically lets you choose the AI strenght but that's cheating, I'm thinking about something to show less men in each rgt to increase the fps rate without altering the real number of men, only the sprite numbers.

An alternate solution at this point, is to draw sprites when they are closer or reduce the scenery details. Unfortunately, this also takes out the fences and stonewalls which are KEY defensive positions so that can't be done as of reducing the distance at which sprites are displayed this doesn't solve the problem for me. With total camera restriction, your general has got to be relatively close to the heat of battle or you won't see a damn and can't give orders.

Anyone ever thought about this? A quick mod for lame computers like mine?

Aren't you already using the Sandbox SR10 mod? It doesn't alter the troop numbers, only the sprites.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #59

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Well it's disabled.
I asked about the OOB specifications, the only thing I seemed to understand is that the DRF abbreviation after the OOB means that the Damned Red Flags will appear... but I had no answer about the OOBs. What does the SR10 do?

BTW, where's the Damn Blue Flags mod?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #60

GShock wrote:
Well it's disabled.
I asked about the OOB specifications, the only thing I seemed to understand is that the DRF abbreviation after the OOB means that the Damned Red Flags will appear... but I had no answer about the OOBs. What does the SR10 do?

BTW, where's the Damn Blue Flags mod?

SR10 brings the sprite ratio from 3 sprites = 1 man to 10 sprites = 1 man. This is how it was in TC2M and it makes army level battles possible on slower machines. I personally prefer the more sprites and would rather play smaller battles to have them, but some people like the huge battles.

I'm not sure what other OOBs you are referring to. Can you give an example of one that you do not understand the abbreviation?
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 1.07 seconds