Username Password: Remember me

Released Mod Threads
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Released Mod Threads

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #61

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
The Sr1 Sandbox I have is NOT the SR10 ... Good God where did I find this SR1 of course the rig can't handle it, of course I couldn't tell the difference with and without LOL it was the wrong mod (ok, solved!).

The abbreviations on the OOBs I am talking about are as follows:
ECF
SCF
DRF
DRF_RB (I can't even read my penmanship? Damn it, I think it's either an R or a B sorry)
DRF_SR1 (this is the mod I mistakenly thought it was the SR10. There's only an excel file within though)

The only thing I really understood is that the DRF abbreviation means the Damn Red Flags will be displayed.
As a side question, I suppose these OOBs are not historical. Is there an "historical OOB" mod?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #62

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
From the Bugles and Flags Website:

Damned Red Flags - DRF

DRF is coined from the main reference I used: Richard Rollins, The Damned Red Flags of the Rebellion. Represented historically, most of these 63 CSA flags flew over the 'Ground' of Gettysburg, July, 1863. State flags remained rolled, used here for state personality and gameplay, for Lee gave orders that all battle units would only carry the Southern Cross. New flags were issued in the months before, but many units chose their own unique Southern Cross versions to carry into battle, their flags being an important part of their spirit and pride. Some units carried their local flags along side the southern cross, several Stars and Bars were flown.

...so, primarily historical, and I did quite a bit of research, and, not just from Rollins' book. As far as the new Cavalry Flags are concerned, more liberties were taken in using older flags, primarily to distinguish units apart. Records indicate that most cavalry units were issued new 3rd bunting versions of the southern cross just prior to Gettysburg.

Still can't find out which unit used the 'Liberty or Death' flag...but it was flown, and captured during the retreat from Pennsylvania. Presently it's assigned to the 13th Virginia.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #63

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Reb can you clear my question? What do those abbreviations mean in the OOB list?
I get from your answer about my second question that the DRF OOBs are historical, right?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 7 months ago #64

ECF - East Cavalry Field
SCF - South Cavalry Field
DRF_RB - You'd have to ask Reb
DRF_SR1 - SR1 is 1 sprite = 1 man. There's a new stock scenario that is SR1. (Brinkerhoff Ridge)

All OOBs are historic unless indicated in the description. I know there are some that are what if.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #65

• NavyJake
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
LP,

Quick question, since I installed the 1.2 patch, when I try to run one of your scenarios I get a crash at the "Loading GFX wheel" as indicated during game load.

Thoughts?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #66

Hi.

OOps...made an error...sorry.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #67

NavyJake wrote:
LP,

Quick question, since I installed the 1.2 patch, when I try to run one of your scenarios I get a crash at the "Loading GFX wheel" as indicated during game load.

Thoughts?

Have you downloaded the latest versions of the scenarios?
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #68

• NavyJake
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
Yes I did first thing I thought of.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #69

Hi.

Little Powell sir, could you add New Arty Sounds edit I did too the list please?

This small edit changes the sounds of the cannon fire only. The edited sound files are...

1: Ca_NSD12Nap.wav
2: Ca_NSDParrott.wav

These are not included in the Alternate Explosions 2.0.

Here is the Download Link: www.justallinone.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=559&Itemid=156

later!

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #70

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
I didn't understand the mod Musket Smoke FPS boost. Does it increase FPS by making less smoke or does it add more smoke (adding more load on the rig) and hence reduce FPS?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #71

GShock wrote:
I didn't understand the mod Musket Smoke FPS boost. Does it increase FPS by making less smoke or does it add more smoke (adding more load on the rig) and hence reduce FPS?

Hi GShock.

This edit reduces the amount of smoke, and amount of time smoke will stay in-game which will improve your FPS (frames per second).

I made this edit because I was trying to run the game on my wife's computer, and her video card couldn't handle the game in large battles. Now I can play the game on here system without too much trouble especially when playing larger battles.

Cheers, and I hope I answered your question. I have this God given talent to ramble on, and on, and on eventually not even coming close to answering the question.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #72

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Well, you just did and in detail, thanks

I love it that you added your mod list to your signature. That's a very cool thing.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #73

GShock wrote:
Well, you just did and in detail, thanks

I love it that you added your mod list to your signature. That's a very cool thing.

Hi GShock.

Good. Yep, I was thinking about doing that for a bit now.

Cheers, and take care GShock.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #74

• GShock
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Sorry if I ask, I am already using the Alternate Explosions Mod. Will this conflict with the New Arty sounds? Does one replace the other? How does it work?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #75

GShock wrote:
Sorry if I ask, I am already using the Alternate Explosions Mod. Will this conflict with the New Arty sounds? Does one replace the other? How does it work?

Hi GShock.

You can use both at the same time, they will not conflict with each other. I created two because some people may not want both active at the same time. I just made it easy for people who only wanted to play the game with the new arty sound without using the Alternate explosions edit, and vice versa, it's just easier that way...here I go rambling on again.

For goodness sake don't ask me what I mean, you could be reading on for a good 4 or 5 years.

Later!

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 6 months ago #76

• NavyJake
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
LP,

Found the issue. It was one of the olders mods that was causing the issue. I removed all of the mods except your and then starting adding them bac until the game crashed and then reomved the bad mod that doesn't like the new patch and all works well. Thanks really enjoy yor scenarios. Regards

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 5 months ago #77

Hi.

Little Powell Sir, could you add my SOWgb_intro file to the sounds area please?

Here is the Link: www.4shared.com/file/35RJle_6/SOWGB_Intro.html

Cheers.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 5 months ago #78

mikesla wrote:
Hi.

Little Powell Sir, could you add my SOWgb_intro file to the sounds area please?

Here is the Link: www.4shared.com/file/35RJle_6/SOWGB_Intro.html

Cheers.

Added. Thanks mikesla for giving me a heads up.

If anyone else wants a link added or updated, please reply to this thread as it's hard for me to keep up with all of the updates.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 5 months ago #79

Sir Little Powell Wrote:
Added. Thanks mikesla for giving me a heads up.

Hi.

Your welcome.

Cheers...

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 2 months ago #80

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Little Powell, Please Update

Scenarios, Toolbar, Sounds, Graphics - Featuring DRFlags
Bugles and Flags v08

Scenarios
Gettysburg 3Days Carryover

Scenarios
Gettysburg 3Days in 7Hours

Sprites
BloodBathIII

Maps, Splash
PCL_Extras

Toolbar, MP Scenarios
MP_Toolbar_MusketRange200

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 2 months ago #81

• rclark14
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Hi, what exactly is the mp toolbar for please- is it multiplayer only?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 2 months ago #82

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
rclark14 wrote:
Hi, what exactly is the mp toolbar for please- is it multiplayer only?

It's designed for MP, but can used for SP. Bugle calls are muted, a hideunit command is available to ambush your human opponent, a few other small differences.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 2 months ago #83

RebBugler wrote:
Little Powell, Please Update

Scenarios, Toolbar, Sounds, Graphics - Featuring DRFlags
Bugles and Flags v08

Scenarios
Gettysburg 3Days Carryover

Scenarios
Gettysburg 3Days in 7Hours

Sprites
BloodBathIII

Maps, Splash
PCL_Extras

Toolbar, MP Scenarios
MP_Toolbar_MusketRange200

Will do. I'll do a big update tomorrow. Thanks.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 2 months ago #84

Bunch of Rebbugler updates added.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

The following user(s) said Thank You: born2see

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 2 months ago #85

• rclark14
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Hi, does mp toolbar only work without DRF off?

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years, 2 months ago #86

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
rclark14 wrote:
Hi, does mp toolbar only work without DRF off?

Yes, in it's present design, but DRF files could be added so as to enable DRF for MP play, while using the MP toolbar, or, just use the B&F mod for MP play, the toolbars are very similar.

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years ago #87

• Yankee104
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
  • Proud to be a yankee
What file do I put the bloodbathIII in cus idk if it goes into mods or base folder.

Also, just an opinion, have a description of the mod because bloodbathIII has no description

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years ago #88

• Chamberlain
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD QA Team
  • We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Yankee104,

Bloodbath goes right into your 'Mods' folder ...

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years ago #89

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
I think someone made reference to a Confederate uniforms mod in one of the other recent threads. Is that right? If so, where do I find it please?

Martin

Re: Released Mod Threads 6 years ago #90

• Chamberlain
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD QA Team
  • We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
my mistake
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 1.25 seconds