Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb

Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 6 months ago #1

Here is an updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB pack to work with the latest features patch 1.1116 for Scourge of War Gettysburg game. These were first converted from TC2M by a well respected modder, and tool creator named Garnier, I just updated these to the current version out of sheer boredom.

If you have any problems, please let me know either by posting here, or by sending me an email at MFSlaunwhite AT gmail DOT com, and let me know exactly which one is giving you the problem so I can check it out, and do a repair.

Download Link: TC2M & CMP3.0 OOB Pack

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDBoles, Little Powell

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #2

• Beef Stu
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
hello, just bought this game last week and can not stop playing. downloaded and installed this mod ,loaded the game and loaded the mod. everything works great except in all my sandbox and user scenario games the AI starts next to me, sometimes even with our lines crossing. plus the AI is inactive till engaged. any help?

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #3

Beef Stu wrote:
hello, just bought this game last week and can not stop playing. downloaded and installed this mod ,loaded the game and loaded the mod. everything works great except in all my sandbox and user scenario games the AI starts next to me, sometimes even with our lines crossing. plus the AI is inactive till engaged. any help?

Hi Beef Stu.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with that. I know very little about how the OOB's work I'm afraid, and I'm not sure if they can be fixed or not. I know there are people here who are far more intelligent than myself who know how to fix the problem.

I'm sorry, I can't help you...I hope you find your answer.

Cheers...

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #4

Beef Stu wrote:

This can occasionally happen with large Army size battles. What size battle are you using? Also they shouldn't be inactive. The AI will always form an attack plan unless they are defending an objective.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #5

• Beef Stu
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Alpine map with corps vs corps . i had one battle where everything looked fine, i marched my corps to the objective, spent 2 hours waiting and scouting , i finally found the union just a few hundred yards from where i started and they wouldn't move until they were engaged.

Even with the mod unactivated i was getting similar results. the only way i was able to get the regular game to work was by taking the mod out of the mods folder.

i'm gonna play with it some more see if i can get it to work. thanks for the help.

edit: i may have found a reason for the inactivity. are all the units and supply wagons suppose to have no supply ? i loaded up a few different oob's from the mod, union and rebel, no one has supply, some even have -1 supply.

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #6

• Beef Stu
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
well couldn't get it to work so i downloaded the new beta version and it works fine. glad i did. this game is great, thank you mikesla for makin it better .

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #7

Beef Stu wrote:
well couldn't get it to work so i downloaded the new beta version and it works fine. glad i did. this game is great, thank you mikesla for makin it better .

Glad you got it figured out.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #8

• MikeCK
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Does this OOB mod work with the new beta patch?

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 5 months ago #9

• RDBoles
  • ( User )
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Regimental Commander
Yes it does. Some of the Mods have been upgraded to work with the Beta patch.
Move Forward

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 4 months ago #10

• Trilogy
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
This is great stuff for sandbox! Thanks for converting it.

Question: What do "FM" and "hA" mean on some of the OOBs? Is there anything else we should know about some variants?

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 4 months ago #11

• JC Edwards
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
  • The Mad One
Trilogy wrote:
This is great stuff for sandbox! Thanks for converting it.

Question: What do "FM" and "hA" mean on some of the OOBs? Is there anything else we should know about some variants?

FM = Flag Mod - hA = Half Artillery (meaning that the OOB has half the guns listed in the original OOB).
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 4 months ago #12

What does the FM do exactly? I have not seen any changes to anything, but perhaps I am blind, there is that consideration.

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 4 months ago #13

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Stevedrumsdw wrote:
What does the FM do exactly? I have not seen any changes to anything, but perhaps I am blind, there is that consideration.

These are just converted OOBs, no files or graphics included. The FM appears to represent nothing different from the similar OOB, but I could be wrong. The flags called for are the stock SOW flags. Sorry you were mislead, someone needs to clean this mod, looks like a lot of dupe OOBs...but again, I may be wrong.

Welcome, if you want flags, I've got em'
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 4 months ago #14

RebBugler wrote:
Stevedrumsdw wrote:

These are just converted OOBs, no files or graphics included. The FM appears to represent nothing different from the similar OOB, but I could be wrong. The flags called for are the stock SOW flags. Sorry you were mislead, someone needs to clean this mod, looks like a lot of dupe OOBs...but again, I may be wrong.

I have your flag mod and it is outstanding! Wish I could play it with all the OOBs!

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 4 months ago #15

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Stevedrumsdw wrote:
RebBugler wrote:
Stevedrumsdw wrote:

I have your flag mod and it is outstanding! Wish I could play it with all the OOBs!

Glad you enjoy those DRF.

With the exception of the State flags, DRF is designed historically for Gettysburg, with the majority being of the Third Bunting issue. Assigning these flags to these OOBs would be colorful, but not historically accurate in most cases. And that's a lot of work for historical inaccuracies.

Maybe some more DRF representing other time periods will come to be, then these OOBs can be addressed historically...Time Will Tell

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 2 months ago #16

I have a question where do you down load the file. I've down loaded several of little powells to the mod folder and they worked great. I have tried this one in several different folders and can't get it to work? Any help would be great. New to all the modding.

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 2 months ago #17

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
tiline reb wrote:
I have a question where do you down load the file. I've down loaded several of little powells to the mod folder and they worked great. I have tried this one in several different folders and can't get it to work? Any help would be great. New to all the modding.

buglesandflags.com/SOWGB.html

Extract to Mods folder, enable in Modifications...

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 2 months ago #18

• rclark14
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Good- that's what I did- I need to try it- the mods are cool- what I was wondering was what to set the options to- normal is hard as hell as CSA in scenerios- but not as hard as mods- then I tried Union side on scenerios and it seemed easier to win as blue- is this true or is 'normal' supposed to be = chances- I had to switch to militia to win as CSA in some scenerios- it's fun to keep it close of course but the mod section battles are not as hard so I go to normal- any feedback on this- thnx

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #19

• Beef Stu
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
i just found this. The full oob with jackson at gettysburg has some problems, Ewells infantry division and i believe Early's division dont have the proper commands. column formation puts them in a road column formation, and the regiments never get in column they stay in line but spread out like a skirmish line. there is no double battle line, and when in line of battle they revert to that weird skirmish formation. Sometimes it feels like they are acting like artillery.

Anyone else get this problem? or is it just me as usual ?

Edit: actually it's not the whole divisions, the x division commanders who are now in charge of brigades (H.Heth , D. Pender , and E. Johnston) they are the problem.

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #20

• JC Edwards
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
  • The Mad One
Beef Stu wrote:
i just found this. The full oob with jackson at gettysburg has some problems, Ewells infantry division and i believe Early's division dont have the proper commands. column formation puts them in a road column formation, and the regiments never get in column they stay in line but spread out like a skirmish line. there is no double battle line, and when in line of battle they revert to that weird skirmish formation. Sometimes it feels like they are acting like artillery.

Anyone else get this problem? or is it just me as usual ?

Edit: actually it's not the whole divisions, the x division commanders who are now in charge of brigades (H.Heth , D. Pender , and E. Johnston) they are the problem.
This problem is a hold over from the original TC2M OOB version. Locate each of the following Commanders lines in the OOB and remove that line and copy/paste these corrected ones - this should fix your problem :

Maj Gen Ambrose P. Hill,Ambrose_P_Hill,Major Gen Ambrose P. Hill,Jackson's 1st Division,2,1,2,1,0,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Div,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,2,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Brig Gen Henry Heth,Henry_Heth,Brig Gen Henry Heth,Hill's 1st Brigade,2,1,2,1,1,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Brig,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,1,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Brig Gen William D. Pender,William_D_Pender,Brig Gen William D. Pender,Hill's 3rd Brigade,2,1,2,1,3,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Brig,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,2,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Maj Gen Richard S. Ewell,Richard_S_Ewell,Major Gen Richard S. Ewell,Jackson's 3rd Division,2,1,2,3,0,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Div,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,4,2,3,4,1,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Brig Gen Edward Johnson,Edward_Johnson,Brig Gen Edward Johnson,Ewell's 2nd Division,2,1,2,3,2,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Brig,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,2,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

regards

The Mad One
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #21

• Beef Stu
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
That did it .thank you JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC Edwards

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #22

• JC Edwards
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
  • The Mad One
Not a problem

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #23

• jb hood
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
As far as i remember is the FM OOB defined for my TCM2 flags. i also made some csa commanders like hood, longstreet and hill in his red battle shirt. so the FM oob´s only work with tc2m + cmp3
“They are lying on the field where you sent them.”

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #24

• JC Edwards
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
  • The Mad One
jb hood wrote:
As far as i remember is the FM OOB defined for my TCM2 flags. i also made some csa commanders like hood, longstreet and hill in his red battle shirt. so the FM oob´s only work with tc2m + cmp3
jb hood! I did not realize you was......you! Happy to know you're still with us over here at NSD.

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #25

• rclark14
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
hi, the mod 'if practible' is July 1 in the evening right? There is a typo saying July 2 on the battle scene- has to be July 1 correct?

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #26

rclark14 wrote:
hi, the mod 'if practible' is July 1 in the evening right? There is a typo saying July 2 on the battle scene- has to be July 1 correct?

I was wondering when someone was going to notice this.

There's actually two things wrong with it.

1. The type-o you pointed out, but it really should actually say July 2nd.
2. But more importantly, Early's attack on Cemetery Hill actually took place the evening of July 2nd. Ewell was ordered to attack Cemetery Hill by Lee "if practicable" on July 1st, but the attack didn't take place until the 2nd. So everywhere it say's July 1st is actually a type-o.

It'll be fixed in the next version of the Bonus Scenarios. Thanks for pointing it out.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #27

• rclark14
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
right- just looked it up- that was the famous artillery duel from Latimer against Culp's Hill July 2- legendary- the scene art/graphics is the best- need more of this in the 3 day mod

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb 6 years, 1 month ago #28

Yeah it was a mistake by the designer, and also by the testers that didn't notice it.. But it's easy to mess-up details like that for a three day battle. Day's, times, places etc. can easily get mixed up.

Now I just have to figure out a way to get the installer to delete the old scenario folder and add the correct one.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

File Not Found 5 years, 5 months ago #29

In the Forum category, Modifications, the first thread is "Released Mod Threads"

Scroll down to OOBs and click on the TC2M and CMP 3.0 OOB. I get "File not found," in both Firefox and Explorer.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew." Abraham Lincoln

Re: File Not Found 5 years, 5 months ago #30

• Chamberlain
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD QA Team
  • We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Michael ,

A couple of guys are not able to download the 2 mods, error :

"404 Not Found
The resource requested could not be found on this server!"

Maybe the files were removed by the modder....

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
  • Page:
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 1.24 seconds