Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Olustee Map - Released
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Olustee Map - Released

Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #1

I'm pleased to announce the first release from our special mod map team.

Download Link

Scourge Of War: Gettysburg
Olustee Mod
Version 1.0
Author: Crikey

Important: You must have patch 1.4 or later to use this mod. Download it at www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.shtml

The map portion of the mod works in multiplayer, but the USCT Troop mod does not.

This pack includes the Olustee Map, Olustee Sandbox OOB, and the USCT Troops Mod. Once the installer is finished, simply start the game, go to your Modifications menu, and enable the "Olustee" and "SoW - USCT mod". The map and OOB with the USCT Troops will be available in your Sandbox menu.

Please note - The USCT mod includes a mod specific loading screen. This is disabled when the USCT mod is de-selected in the mod selection screen

Credit is due to Louie Raider, Jolly, Davinci and 2nd_Tx for the various sprites, 3D files and textures used in this mod.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Little Powell.

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #2

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Crikey - You have made the NSD History list - being the first modder to have a map released.

Congratulations - and excellent map!

I'll also add that Little Powell worked hard on getting this map tested, and onto the forums!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC Edwards

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #3

• Damned Black Hat
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
  • 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 1st Corps
Two maps in one night? What did we do to deserve this?

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Congrats "Sir" Crikey. A lot of lesons learned and a great free product. The English Map Machine starts to Roll!

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #5

• Petrus58
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
My thanks to Crikey and everyone else involved. A very high quality map. Thanks.

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #6

• Blaugrana
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Fantastic map, sprites and everything. Thankyou.

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #7

Stunning! Thanks to all involved, really remarkable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PAGAN

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #8

Nice Blood pooling there Crikey...

screen0003_2012-02-03.jpg

I love your work!

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #9

• RDBoles
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
I have been in woods just like this and it seemed so real to be moving around in them. What great maps.
BZ26V
Move Forward

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #10

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Truly outstanding! Thanks to one and all.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #11

Jack ONeill wrote:
Truly outstanding! Thanks to one and all.

Jack

I'm one of all Sir Jack... Your Welcome.

Not sure for what but your welcome!

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Michael Slaunwhite.

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #12

Fantastic. Enough said.
Hancock the Superb

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #13

This map is so great I'll have to make a Blondie scenario for it!
Hancock the Superb

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #14

How did that last post not get put on the other map release thread? Could someone move it (Blondie one)?
Hancock the Superb

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #15

• Armchair General
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
  • "Never Forget What They Did Here"
The original Olustee map was beautiful in itself, but with the new engine the whole environment comes to life. It's a beautiful piece of work, and the introduction of the USCT sprites are a welcomed addition to the SOW database.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #16

The more I play this map the more I like it, very nice addition to my small collection of maps.

A curious thing happened yesterday while playing a game. I was playing of course this excellent map, with my own, custom Black regiments oob.

At one point in the battle I was being bombarded by arty so I gave the orders to one particular regiment to lay down, and cover their heads. Once I gave that order the regiment simply vanished right before my eyes. They no longer existed...

Very weird but I am pretty sure that it's the oob, and has nothing to do with the game. I'm still trying to figure out the oob's which for some reason or other just really confuses me, I just can't grasp this...

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #17

• Blaugrana
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
The same happened to me, in the game with the invincible captured gun. Which I've posted to Support.

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #18

screen0001_2012-02-04.jpg

screen0002_2012-02-04.jpg

screen0003_2012-02-04.jpg

screen0004_2012-02-04.jpg

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #19

It is, indeed, a great looking map, but unfortunately it would not work in MP. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I just missed a notice that said it is only for SP. A great pity I won't be using it much since my play is almost all MP.....but it is very well done. Congratulations.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #20

Hmmmm, just now tried the Olustee OOB on the Olustee map and it crashed upon startup, four straight times. Other OOBs work just fine on the Olustee map. And yes, I have the USCT and Olustee OOB selected on the Modifications page.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #21

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
The MP issue is being looked at. Similar issues to those reported on Valverde.

Oob issue .....if you're sure the USCTS mod is enabled but it still crashes then you'll need to post your Error log (sow log) entries so we can see why.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Crikey.

Re: Olustee Map - Released 2 years, 8 months ago #22

Just a reminder that the map portion of the mod works in multiplayer, but the USCT Troops mod does not.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re: Olustee Map - Released 3 months, 2 weeks ago #23

• FlaGuitars
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Thank You, very much !!!

Re: Olustee Map - Released 3 months, 2 weeks ago #24

• the reb
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Hate to be the party spoiler, but Mr.Norton tells me the file is unsafe? Is this possible?

Re: Olustee Map - Released 3 months, 2 weeks ago #25

Mr. Norton is wrong. It's safe.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Olustee Map - Released 3 months, 2 weeks ago #26

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Yes,

Mr. Norton is wrong. I get that almost every time I download something for SOWGB> I just end up saving it and then take the comp offline, disable the anti-virus and then install it. Works every time.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"

Re: Olustee Map - Released 3 months ago #27

• the reb
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
First download from this site that Mr. Norton had rejected, that's why I posted. Anyway's, I thank Mr. Norton.....

Well I sent Mr. Norton to the store for a while and downloaded.....GREAT JOB, Look forward to the fun, hoping that Mr. Sandbox will give me good troop starting positions to I have time to organize my positions.

Thanks for the work....
the reb
  • Page:
Moderators: Marching Thru Georgia
Time to create page: 1.55 seconds