Username Password: Remember me

Secessionville Version 2.0 - Released
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Secessionville Version 2.0 - Released

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #31

• Baldwin
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
You might wanna take a look at the confederate guns for the scenario. It seems they get kills but have problems with primary targeting both with 'target infantry' and picking your targets manually. It will either give some long yardage above tens of millions of yards or it will say 'no valid targets in weapon range' even if there is some 300 yards or so away. I don't know if its the fort terrain or the guns causing the problem. I can send screenshots if you like.

update: Looks like its the fort, you can't shoot over it, those walls are higher than they look .

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #32

• william1993
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
I'm playing this as the rebs. I got all my units into the fort, spread 5 of the small company sized units on the left flank, the opposite side from where the tower is, and all the rest of my units behind the fort, with a mobile reserve of two of the advanced units and a company sized unit. I use my artillery piece by piece, rolling it to where it's needed.

I'm down 91 men right now and killed 1200 Union. These were my latest pictures

God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #33

• Shirkon
  • ( Moderator )
Marching Thru Georgia wrote:
On behalf of all generals, I wish to thank Little Powell for the inclusion of privies. I have ridden all the other maps and when nature calls, I have never had benefit of the appropriate facilities. Making due with leaves, getting back up on that saddle can be a tender affair. I do hope they are properly stocked with quality paper and appropriate reading material.

Ya wanna be real careful exactly which leaves ya uses in da woods. My cousin from the city used some glossy three lobed leaves when we was kids (about 1961) and had all kinds of problems with a severe rash. Course, being a country boy myself I tried to warn him, alas ta no avail.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #34

• mb213
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
  • aka:Gen Valor, Valor, MB3
Great map. I like the sprites and the over all look of the map. i have attached a couple of screen shots from a sandbox game.

screen0126.jpg

screen0127.jpg

screen0128.jpg

screen0129.jpg
"Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #35

• Flanyboy
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Team
Anyone having the problem of not getting sound?

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #36

• mb213
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
  • aka:Gen Valor, Valor, MB3
No, sound works fine.
"Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann"

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #37

• william1993
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Try turning on SOW and then checking your sound mixer. Sometimes sound goes off like that and you just have to turn it up again. Sound mixer would be right clicking the litle sound icon down below on taskbar
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #38

• rclark14
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Hi, I was wondering about the marshes and water, is there any way to make that look more real when riding through it please?

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #39

rclark14 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering about the marshes and water, is there any way to make that look more real when riding through it please?

Not sure what you mean. Can you be a little more descriptive?
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #40

• rclark14
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
yes, when I move through the water the horse dpesn't sink- is there a way to improve on that?

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #41

Here are some screenies I took:

screen0001_2012-06-19.jpg

screen0003.jpg

screen0004_2012-06-19.jpg

Again, the map is a work of art!

LP: I was reading about the battle, and it said there was two hedgerows and a cotton field that the federal troops charged across, that is what I thought was missing.
Hancock the Superb

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #42

Hancock the Superb wrote:

Again, the map is a work of art!

LP: I was reading about the battle, and it said there was two hedgerows and a cotton field that the federal troops charged across, that is what I thought was missing.

Thanks Hancock!

Interesting about the hedgerows and cotton field.. Those could have been in the open area in front of the fort. I'll have to get out my Secessionville book and see if Patrick Brenan mentions more details about that. If so, I'll get it in an update eventually, along with the bridge from the main land. Thanks again.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #43

• conjotter
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Nice work!

Fired up the game as the union player and took the fort after slowly outflanking it and posting a battery to blast the rebs from the left rear. Then the frontal assault. Those rebel 24 lb howitzers are deadly at close range.

Really liked the sky color, the water and the marshes. Was this battle fought at sunrise?

Regards, CJ.

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #44

• Shirkon
  • ( Moderator )
conjotter wrote:
Nice work!

Fired up the game as the union player and took the fort after slowly outflanking it and posting a battery to blast the rebs from the left rear. Then the frontal assault. Those rebel 24 lb howitzers are deadly at close range.

Really liked the sky color, the water and the marshes. Was this battle fought at sunrise?

Regards, CJ.

It was a predawn attack by the Federals.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #45

• garyknowz
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
Beautiful map! Thanks!

Now all we need is a new game function to adjust for the uselessness of my soaking wet powder after being dropped neck deep in the Goat Island swamps.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell, Ingles of the 57th

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #46

More likely sunset. Isn't the bright sky in the west ? I can just see the sun going down behind the tree. They probably landed pre-dawn then took all day to extricate themselves from the swamp and get their powder dry.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #47

• Shirkon
  • ( Moderator )
Ingles of the 57th wrote:
More likely sunset. Isn't the bright sky in the west ? I can just see the sun going down behind the tree. They probably landed pre-dawn then took all day to extricate themselves from the swamp and get their powder dry.

It's definitely sunrise not sunset. The Federals were entrenched at Grimball's Landing near the southern flank of the Confederates, not in a swamp. The swamps were on the mainland approaches to the Tower so had to be gone through to attack. It's interesting to note that the commander of the attack did so contrary to direct orders and was court-martialed afterwards.

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #48

Benham was a drunk, court-martialed, and he was hated by everyone except his own mother...

And yet he still went on to be a successful engineer in the Army of the Potomac.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #49

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
So, I'm guessing they found a place where he actually knew what was going on, instead of a Combat Command where he obviously didn't.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #50

No he just can't do it right. Seems Maj. Gen. Benjamin F. Cheatham (C.O. of the Tennessee Division, Army of Tennessee) was the best combat drunk. The best, I am bored with a siege/inactivity drunk would be Grant. If I am not mistaken Benham graduated #1 or #2 in his class at West Point, he must not have found his penchant for the bottle yet.

But hands down, the best field commander to pull on the jug is J.C. "Mad One" "Sarge" Edwards. Give that man some Jameson and a Confederate Cavalry regiment and look out....Because you have just been routed.

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #51

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Installed v1.1.

Beautiful map. Much to be proud of LP. Great to have the scenarios too.

Noticed I don't have the new water effects. Am running 1.4 on Vista. Any ideas on how to fix?

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #52

Hi Crikey - Thanks for the kind words.

I thought the water was fixed in 1.4, but maybe I am mistaken. Make sure you have the latest beta patch and try again.

I believe this is the latest:

www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post/43899-beta-14026
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 5 months ago #53

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Yep, that fixed it.

Thanks, LP.

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 4 months ago #54

Well, I can't seem to access the Secessionville map in Multi-Player. My friend and I both have the same version: 1.4000, as found at the site indicated by Little Powell: www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.shtml

When we click start the game, it freezes immediately at the NetServ page.

Do we need the later version, 1.4020?? If so, where might I find it?

Thanks for any help.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 4 months ago #55

• KG_Soldier
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander

Re: Secessionville Map - Released 5 years, 4 months ago #56

• Don
  • ( User )
  • GB - AN - CV - PC - BS
  • The South Always Rises Again
The scenarios are beautiful! Having been born & bred in Charleston, I have been to James Island countless times(even though I no longer live in SC). The skyline reflects quite well the sunrise of the area, & the map completely checks out with General Benham's maps made to accompany his official report on the battle. In short, I couldn't hope for more. Thank you,
Don

Re: Secessionville Version 2.0 - Released 5 years ago #57

Version 2.0 added. See first post in thread for info and download link.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ingles of the 57th, Martin James

Re: Secessionville Version 2.0 - Released 5 years ago #58

Brilliant! Excellent work LP. This new map is quite an improvement...and that is saying something because the first version was excellent as well!

It is impressive you came out with this right before the new launch too!
Hancock the Superb

Re: Secessionville Version 2.0 - Released 5 years ago #59

• 13thnct
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
An excellent map found a way to get even better LP!! Also for any of you in the Charleston area this coming weekend:
boonehallplantation.com/events_secessionville.php

Re: Secessionville Version 2.0 - Released 3 years, 7 months ago #60

• the reb
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Very Nice Little Powell....
Would make one hell of a golf course!!!!!

the reb
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 0.94 seconds