Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Prairie Grove - Released
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Prairie Grove - Released

Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #1

Today, December 7th 2012, marks the 150th anniversary of The Battle of Prairie Grove:

Scourge Of War: Prairie Grove
Version 1.0
Map Author: 2nd Texas (John Bonin)
Scenarios, Flags, OOB, Splash Screens: ReBBugler (Randy Keen)
Revision Author: Little Powell (Matt Clyburn)

This release is dedicated to John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Installer Download Link

Zip file Download Link

This OOB will work with MP:

File Attachment:

File Name: OOB_SB_MP_Prairie_Grove_.csv
File Size: 40 KB

***IMPORTANT PLEASE READ***
You must have patch 1.5 or later to use this mod. Download it at www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.shtml

This mod works with both Scourge of War - Gettysburg and Scourge of War - Chancellorsville. If you own Gettysburg, you must have both Chancellorsville and Antietam installed for the map to work properly.

***NOTE*** You may need to change the install directory depending on where your game is installed. By default, it installs to C:\NorbSoftDev\Scourge of War - Gettysburg so you may need to change it to C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War - Gettysburg or C:Matrix Games\Scourge of War - Chancellorsville

This mod includes the Prairie Grove map, OOB with commander portraits, flags, single player scenario, multiplayer scenario, and splash screens.

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

pg3.jpg
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Little Powell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC Edwards, RDBoles, Jack ONeill, Chamberlain, Davinci, RebBugler, NY Cavalry, alessillo, Jolly, Grog

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #2

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
LP,

Bloody AWESOME! Thank you.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #3

• con20or
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Lead
I feel cold just looking at it
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by con20or.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #4

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Well, we got half of John's wish list done,
Prairie Grove released on it's 150th Battle Anniversary.
The other half coming soon, John's beautiful map of Pea Ridge. I got a little rushed getting Prairie Grove together by today, hopefully I can do it better justice with a few more scenarios added, maybe even some HD flags to spice up this wonderful map. To the best of our knowledge, Prairie Grove was John's last completed map, I was proud to do my part with this design effort...I felt Texas John was watching my every move in this building process.
In rememberance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blaugrana, Martin James, 4thMissInf.Co.F

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #5

• Henry Hill
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Hi,
Anybody got this to work?
I installed it to Chancellorsville (Matrix edition), activated as a mod but it doesn't load. Get an error box saying can't load package. Got to ctrl alt del to end.
I have SOWGB (Matrix) with PC and Antietam installed as well but in its own folder.
I had the Norbsoft editions initially but I ended up buying hard copies through Matrix and installed them so I could have CV as a stand alone.
Is it me
Got to be something simple.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #6

Henry Hill wrote:
Hi,
Anybody got this to work?
I installed it to Chancellorsville (Matrix edition), activated as a mod but it doesn't load. Get an error box saying can't load package. Got to ctrl alt del to end.
I have SOWGB (Matrix) with PC and Antietam installed as well but in its own folder.
I had the Norbsoft editions initially but I ended up buying hard copies through Matrix and installed them so I could have CV as a stand alone.
Is it me
Got to be something simple.

I know this kind of thing gets confusing, and I really wish it were more simple.. But it is what it is.

Since you have purchased Scourge of War Chancellorsville, you should be able to re-install it again into Gettysburg, which would then make it a map pack with Gettsyburg, and Prairie Grove would work properly. This also shouldn't affect your Chancellorsville stand-alone.

By the way, you can still hit enter when you get that error. The map will load, but it will be missing some buildings.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Little Powell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meyer

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #7

• Henry Hill
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Thanks LP. Got it working now.

HH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #8

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
LP,

Not fun on the download. Getting "invalid data" message when I try to install. Have DL'd it twice and tried to install twice. No joy. Thoughts?

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #9

• Petrus58
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Jack ONeill wrote:
LP,

Not fun on the download. Getting "invalid data" message when I try to install. Have DL'd it twice and tried to install twice. No joy. Thoughts?

Jack

Same for me as well

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #10

I'm not sure gents. I downloaded to test earlier and it was fine. Maybe something is up with the server. I would keep trying..
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #11

• Blaugrana
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
I've downloaded it OK and have played 30 minutes or so of the SP scenario. My initial impressions are that it is the best looking map yet. Thank you NSD. A great tribute to its sadly missed author.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #12

• Baldwin
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
Yes, great looking map, just got done playing it and was mesmerized by the scenery. Feels like being in a painting at the HITS level.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #13

• Petrus58
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Got it to install the third time. I think it was Norton playing up as usual.

Just had a quick look, and I agree, the map is exceptionally good.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Petrus58.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #14

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Instead of an install, would it be easier for a zipped copy of this mod just be made available for download? So, you just download, unzip, and copy into the mods folder. Or, make both procedures available?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack ONeill

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #15

I'm one happy Arkansas boy today! John, if you're able to check up on us every once in a while, and I believe you can, thank you so much! This is a beautiful map.

As far as whether it's an installer or a zip, both are fine. I'm used to installing zips, but I know some people aren't familiar with doing that, so for them, an installer works best.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #16

Can understand requirement for SOW Gettysburg in order to download Prairie Grove, but don't know why Chancellorsville and Antietam are necessary. Just curious.

Great looking map screenshots!

A friend and I visited the Prairie Grove battlefield this past Spring, along with Pea Ridge and Wilson Creek. Nice trip. Here's a little known fact about Wilson Creek: the battlefield park hdqrs. has the largest library of any Civil War battlefield in the country. Great for research.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew." Abraham Lincoln
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by cliometrician.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #17

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
cliometrician wrote:
Can understand requirement for SOW Gettysburg in order to download Prairie Grove, but don't know why Chancellorsville and Antietam are necessary. Just curious.
Great looking map screenshots!

Each new map comes with a new set up houses, buildings, etc, these items are a part of a paid-for-download, so they can't be given away for free.

If anyone doesn't have the additional maps - the free-maps will still work, you will just not be able to see those items.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #18

• stanh47
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Love it! Great job!

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #19

• Jolly
  • ( User )
  • NSD Artist
This is a wonderful piece of work - trully outstanding.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #20

Just had my first ventures into Prairie Grove.

A superb map and great images. A joy to fight on. Fine mix of terrain and a welcome change from all those damned unrelenting TREES of late.

Greatly looking forward to Pea Ridge ..... that was a rewarding location in TC2M I seem to remember.

Just gets better and better.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #21

This is really great to me. For one, because I had long been looking forward to it and Reb's work, too. But secondly, because I will never load this map without thinking especially of John.

Thanks to all, you really can't be part of this group here without truly liking the fellow members!
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #22

Just noticed I have no buildings on the Prairie Grove display. Despite having Antietam, Chancellorsville etc installed and running.

Went back to run Antietam and discovered that I now have no buildings there either. I know there were buildings there previously. Mumma farm is burning well ....... without the farm.

I haven't got time to look into this right now but any ideas would be welcome. I will look at the options to see if I have accidentally reduced the graphics settings and also the actual graphics files for Antitam.

Geoff Laver Late of her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #23

Sorry Panic over

I see that I had somehow reduced the Map Objects setting from 'Best' to 'High'. Restoring 'Best' restored the buildings.

I must admit I had not realised that a 'high' setting zapped all of the buildings. Seems a bit extreme.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #24

• dgard20
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thank You for the early Christmas present. Awesome.

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #25

• t-storm
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
  • I am 12 years old
hey how do I join a multy player battle in demo mode?
always ready to fight the rebs!

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #26

t-storm wrote:
hey how do I join a multy player battle in demo mode?

This really belongs in a different thread, but you will need to find someone that also just has the demo, or someone that will be kind enough to play a demo MP game with you. We are working on a way to handle your situation better, but for now that's the only way to do it.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #27

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Jolly wrote:
This is a wonderful piece of work - trully outstanding.

Great reminder of the good old days as we we worked on Prairie Grove Colors together...that mod is still getting attention over there in TC2M Land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jolly

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #28

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
4thMissInf.Co.F wrote:
This is really great to me. For one, because I had long been looking forward to it and Reb's work, too. But secondly, because I will never load this map without thinking especially of John.

Thanks to all, you really can't be part of this group here without truly liking the fellow members!

Thanks for the kind words. Was concerned about your absence, you disappeared about the same time as John, had a crazy feeling that John was using an alias...as you. Welcome back, hope life wasn't too harsh on ya...looking forward to those promised OOBs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4thMissInf.Co.F

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #29

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Ingles of the 57th wrote:
Just had my first ventures into Prairie Grove.

A superb map and great images. A joy to fight on. Fine mix of terrain and a welcome change from all those damned unrelenting TREES of late.

Greatly looking forward to Pea Ridge ..... that was a rewarding location in TC2M I seem to remember.

Just gets better and better.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.

Always good to hear from you, luv your interpretations of our presentations. Yeah, Pea Ridge won't disappoint, it may prove to be John's most magnificent work...for me, it is. His recreation of the Ozark Plateau is uncanny, I lived and adventured in this magical land as a youth...Mountain Home and Berryville Arkansas.

However, you must tolerate some thick forests.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ingles of the 57th

Re: Prairie Grove - Released 1 year, 8 months ago #30

Original post updated with an alternate download link of the zipped mod.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Moderators: Marching Thru Georgia
Time to create page: 1.38 seconds