Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale

Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #1

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
INTROPea_Ridge.jpg


Unzip and copy to the Mods folder:
Pea Ridge 1862

Two SP scenarios are included for each battle along with a sandbox OOB. Four additional duplicate scenarios provide non carryover options and four MP scenarios completes the 16 scenario set. For more info regarding the scenarios please read the Intro when selecting the mod in the Modifications screen.

Primary Reference Source:
Pea Ridge, Civil War Campaign in the West, by William L. Shea & Earl J. Hess



The NSD Team is most honored and proud to present this gift from John to the SOW community...


Merry Christmas 2013 and a Happy New Year to ALL
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #2

Merry Christmas to All. My 75th Birthday also today.

Just took a bit of time from lunch preparation to download Pea Ridge. Got some very strange graphics. Trees floating in the air in square boxes. Giant purple 'tryffids' standing around here and there. No, I haven't been dipping early into the Christmas booze.

Remembering the weird graphics problems that I encountered with Yellow Bayou, that later went away, I am loathe to comment unfavourably at the moment. I will try a new download later today and in the meantime let you all get on with your Christmases.

God Bless.

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler, mb213, Don

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #3

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
Ingles of the 57th wrote:
Merry Christmas to All. My 75th Birthday also today.

Just took a bit of time from lunch preparation to download Pea Ridge. Got some very strange graphics. Trees floating in the air in square boxes. Giant purple 'tryffids' standing around here and there. No, I haven't been dipping early into the Christmas booze.

Remembering the weird graphics problems that I encountered with Yellow Bayou, that later went away, I am loathe to comment unfavourably at the moment. I will try a new download later today and in the meantime let you all get on with your Christmases.

God Bless.

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot


I've seen that problem, that's why I've had to rename map textures and repack several of TJ's works. I believe it is messed up for you because you have Prairie Grove also enabled, if so, disable it in Modifications and check out Pea Ridge again...please report back. Looks like I'm going to have to do some more renaming and repacking, and release Prairie Grove or Pea Ridge again.

Thanks for the early report Geoff, I knew with TJ's textures being called from various works might be a problem.

Oh, and happy birthday. What a bummer your childhood must have been getting presents, all in one, birthday and Christmas.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ingles of the 57th

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #4

  • Davinci
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Corps Commander
  • Posts: 2709
Reb , Great Work, don't you ever rest!

Merry Christmas from the Great State of Tennessee to the Great State of Arkansas .

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #5

  • RDBoles
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Regimental Commander
  • Posts: 471
Thank you again boys. Pea Ridge is fantastic. It took awhile to extract. I had to use 7zip instead of winrar. But I have played a game and it works just great. Merry Christmas to all.
Move Forward
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #6

Hi Reb,

Did as you suggested re unhooking Prairie Grove. Now all is calm, all is bright. Thank you.

You're right about the Christmas Birthday. Never ever got a birthday party either !!!!

Gosh, those fellows look cold in shirtsleeves though. Purely on humanitarian grounds, how about some capes, overcoats or mittens ??

Best regards,

Geoff Laver
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #7

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
Ingles of the 57th wrote:
Hi Reb,

Did as you suggested re unhooking Prairie Grove. Now all is calm, all is bright. Thank you.

You're right about the Christmas Birthday. Never ever got a birthday party either !!!!

Gosh, those fellows look cold in shirtsleeves though. Purely on humanitarian grounds, how about some capes, overcoats or mittens ??

Best regards,

Geoff Laver


Took a while, I thought maybe you had decided to just blow it off and war-dance among the "Giant purple 'tryffids'"

Yeah, I did some testing and Prairie Grove is the culprit. Time permitting, I'm going to redo Prairie Grove's textures and portraits like I have done for the RRC release so they're no conflicts when it is enabled...folks should be able to keep all their maps available without going into Modifications and shutting them on and off.

Ha, I figured right on the birthday thing, but no birthday partys ever...BIG BUMMER.

Maybe one of these days SOW will have some winter sprites, and some Western ones, and some Indians...all needed here.

As always, enjoyed your input...Thanks
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #8

A big thanks to RebBugler and the rest of the NSD team for getting this out. Personally, I think the map was John's finest effort.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #9

  • Don
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • GB - AN - CV - PC - BS
  • The South Always Rises Again
  • Posts: 115
Merry Christmas / Happy Birthday from North Carolina
Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #10

  • garyknowz
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • SOW Lt General
  • Posts: 295
Thanks, Reb! Can't wait to give it a go.

And thanks, John! We know you're watching.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #11

  • garyknowz
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • SOW Lt General
  • Posts: 295
Graphics problem.

Here's a couple screenshots.

Edit: The add file button isn't taking my jpgs, but the terrain features are floating, and pixilated.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #12

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
garyknowz wrote:
Graphics problem.

Here's a couple screenshots.

Edit: The add file button isn't taking my jpgs, but the terrain features are floating, and pixilated.


Disable Prairie Grove, it clashes with Pea Ridge, I'll redo Prairie Grove eventually to eliminate this conflict.

'Add File' does not work with Firefox, try Google Chrome or IE for attachments through this forum.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #13

  • conjotter
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Grunt
  • Posts: 191
Hi Reb.

As we say up here in Canada, "Beauty".

Great job.

Thanks to you and John for this.

It downloaded fine and works well after I disabled Prairie Grove.

These mods you folks have developed (Red River Campaign, Prairie Grove) are as good or

better than the official releases.

Much appreciated.

Regards, CJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #14

  • mb213
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Grunt
  • aka:Gen Valor, Valor, MB3
  • Posts: 60
Very nice maps. The graphics are perfect for this time of year, they helped make my 80 degree Christmas seem a little colder.
"Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann"
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #15

  • rclark14
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Regimental Commander
  • Posts: 217
same here
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #16

  • garyknowz
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • SOW Lt General
  • Posts: 295
RebBugler wrote:
garyknowz wrote:
Graphics problem.

Here's a couple screenshots.

Edit: The add file button isn't taking my jpgs, but the terrain features are floating, and pixilated.


Disable Prairie Grove, it clashes with Pea Ridge, I'll redo Prairie Grove eventually to eliminate this conflict.

'Add File' does not work with Firefox, try Google Chrome or IE for attachments through this forum.



My bad. I thought I had disabled it, but unchecked the mod under it. Thank you, sir!
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #17

  • Jolly
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Artist
  • Posts: 209
Very nice release RB, superb work in getting everything together and creating this mod for everyone. A nice Christmas present, and a very nice testament to John's skills.

David(jolly)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #18

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
Eureka!!!

Through MTG we've found a newer version of John's Pea Ridge with many improvements over this present version, the mini map is totally different and really cool. I'm in the process of getting it ready, probably will offer it as a separate download, it's much bigger with many more terrain sprites, took me two hours last night to pack them, and, this should fix the Prairie Grove conflict once I adjust it also. We'll see how far I get before being called to duty by SOW's new project.

Pea Ridge Upgrade

If you wish to test this out before I commit it to the first post follow the procedures below. I'm sure you'll let us know if it works for you.

Unzip and find three items:

- a folder for installing the maps, title should explain procedure
- Packed, replaces Packed in the Graphics folder
- gfxpack.csv, replaces same named in Logistics folder

Replacing Packed and the gfxpack in the Prairie Grove mod should also remove the situation of Prairie Grove conflicting with Pea Ridge as discussed.

RENAME all same-named files before replacing...just in case I goofed somewhere with these instructions or whatever.

I'll await feedback before continuing this upgrade, thanks in advance for testing.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #19

Reb,

I gave your update a try just now.

Everything seems to work fine at first glance. The new map with the contours is a great improvement. I had been trying to compare the original map with the old TC2M Pea Ridge Map and was wondering where the steep escarpment had gone.

HOWEVER, with Prairie Grove enabled,I am still getting floating trees and 20 ft high sunflowers and bullrushes. I don't regard this a major fault however just a small glitch. Takes only seconds to enable or disable.

I will have a fuller check during today that I have loaded everything correctly and also hear what others have to say. Thanks for your efforts.

Best regards,

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #20

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
Ingles of the 57th wrote:
Reb,

I gave your update a try just now.

Everything seems to work fine at first glance. The new map with the contours is a great improvement. I had been trying to compare the original map with the old TC2M Pea Ridge Map and was wondering where the steep escarpment had gone.

HOWEVER, with Prairie Grove enabled,I am still getting floating trees and 20 ft high sunflowers and bullrushes. I don't regard this a major fault however just a small glitch. Takes only seconds to enable or disable.

I will have a fuller check during today that I have loaded everything correctly and also hear what others have to say. Thanks for your efforts.

Best regards,

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot


Escarpment
1
: a steep slope in front of a fortification
2
: a long cliff or steep slope separating two comparatively level or more gently sloping surfaces and resulting from erosion or faulting

Learned a new word.

I don't even recall a TC2M Pea Ridge map, maybe it was released after I jumped ship to here.

So, Prairie Grove still has the Triffids. Did you install the new files in it also?

One prominent feature on the newer map is Little Mountain, it is non-existent on the older map. Also, it has Little Sugar Creek, but obviously this was still a work in progress.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #21

  • Davinci
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Corps Commander
  • Posts: 2709
Reb Hey, how is everything going!

I'm sort of confused as to why one Map has an effect on another Map.

Basically, why does one of the maps have to be disabled in order for another map to work, can you explain that.

The only thing that I can think of would be the ini file in the Maps folder, other than that, I'm at a lost!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #22

  • rudy
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Grunt
  • Posts: 193
I'm now getting strange artifacts on the map, after installing the update files.

I don't have the Prairie Grove mod installed.

They look like sheets of scenery, like a coloured shower curtain or glass window with trees on it.

Never could attach anything on this forum, so I can't show a screen shot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #23

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
rudy wrote:
I'm now getting strange artifacts on the map, after installing the update files.

I don't have the Prairie Grove mod installed.

They look like sheets of scenery, like a coloured shower curtain or glass window with trees on it.

Never could attach anything on this forum, so I can't show a screen shot.


Haven't seen that. Sounds similar to the conflict of graphics issue, are the flowers also morphed into giants?

Thanks for the report, this is exactly the kind of feedback needed to get this mod right.

Use Google or IE for attachments, Firefox won't allow them here.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #24

  • RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • NSD Designer
  • Posts: 3360
Davinci wrote:
Reb Hey, how is everything going!

I'm sort of confused as to why one Map has an effect on another Map.

Basically, why does one of the maps have to be disabled in order for another map to work, can you explain that.

The only thing that I can think of would be the ini file in the Maps folder, other than that, I'm at a lost!

davinci


This only appears to be an issue with TJ's maps. I think it is because he altered same named textures, then the maps call that name, but the texture specs are different...if that makes any sense. Still I'm somewhat baffled because when I gave each map's textures unique names specific to their map issues were still there. It worked with RRC and Big Whiskey, but not with Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
__________________________________
In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #25

  • Davinci
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Corps Commander
  • Posts: 2709
RebBugler wrote:
It worked with RRC and Big Whiskey, but not with Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove.

Hmm, I'm trying to figure this out, I have the RRC and the BW maps, but don't seem to have the PG map downloaded.

Once, I get that file downloaded, I'll try to re-create the problem.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #26

Please delete post
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #27

Prairie, Prairie, Quite Contrary.
How does your garden grow

OK I give up.

I used internet explorer. I turned the bitmap into a jpeg. But I still can't send the screenshot.

Can someone not make this more user friendly ?????

Geoff Laver
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #28

Please Delete Post
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #29

  • Davinci
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Corps Commander
  • Posts: 2709
Ingles of the 57th wrote:
I used internet explorer. I turned the bitmap into a jpeg. But I still can't send the screenshot.

Can someone not make this more user friendly ?????


1_2013-12-28.jpg


Did you click the INSERT button?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #30

  • Davinci
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Corps Commander
  • Posts: 2709
Reb - You are correct the problem is in the Graphics folder as to both Maps interferring with each other.

Question - I see the DDS files, but where are the PNG files that goes with the packed trees?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 1.24 seconds