Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #31

• Chamberlain
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD QA Team
  • We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Hey RebBugler,

Great find of this newer version along with MTG

Looks good here, the mini-map is cool along with the terrain sprites..

I did not see any objects floating around, the only thing I saw is the following that was in the log, otherwise the log was clean :

14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Brig Gen Albert Pike: McIntosh's Creek Regiment
14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Brig Gen Albert Pike: Stand Watie's Cherokee Regiment
14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Colonel James P Saunders: McCarty's Cavalry Battalion
14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Colonel Henry Little: 1st Missouri Cavalry Regiment

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #32

Yes I did press "insert".

But for some reason a rubbish "path" is being generated in the "

insert" box for the screenshot that I select.

screen0001.jpg

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #33

• rudy
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
I tried to load up some screen shots, but the forum timed out.

Yes I did press insert.

Anyway, I am getting the same artifacts, even after turning off all the other mods.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #34

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
If you are having problems with the update

Try this....

The original download included the following files in the graphics/packed folder -

PR1.dds
PR1.plist
PR2.dds
PR2.plist

I think these clash with the new packed graphics in the update.

If you are using the new update, delete the files mentioned above from your Pea Ridge mod folder and the psycho graphics problem seems to clear.

Also remember that the updated Gfxpack.csv needs to replace that in the logistics folder of the original download.

Good luck.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #35

This might be an error but the effects are so Salvador Dali-like. I think it worth saving a few screens for posterity.
screen0004.jpg

Apologies if this doesn't post

Geoff Laver
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #36

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Davinci wrote:
Reb - You are correct the problem is in the Graphics folder as to both Maps interferring with each other.

Question - I see the DDS files, but where are the PNG files that goes with the packed trees?

davinci

You start with DDS files, then in order to pack them they must be converted to PNG, I use the Paint.net Bulk Processor for this. After packing they must then be converted back to DDS.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #37

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Chamberlain wrote:
Hey RebBugler,

Great find of this newer version along with MTG

Looks good here, the mini-map is cool along with the terrain sprites..

I did not see any objects floating around, the only thing I saw is the following that was in the log, otherwise the log was clean :

14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Brig Gen Albert Pike: McIntosh's Creek Regiment
14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Brig Gen Albert Pike: Stand Watie's Cherokee Regiment
14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Colonel James P Saunders: McCarty's Cavalry Battalion
14:00:00 Unit Type differs from officer Colonel Henry Little: 1st Missouri Cavalry Regiment

Chamberlain

Good, the update worked for ya. That error occurs when units are mixed, it causes no issues.

Thanks

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #38

• rudy
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
"That error occurs when units are mixed, it causes no issues"

Do you think we could have the explanation in clear English?

Thanks.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #39

screen0006.jpg

The elusive and rarely seem Greater Purple Tryffid. Believed to have swallowed up a whole Union Brigade at Pea Ridge

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #40

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Crikey wrote:
If you are having problems with the update

Try this....

The original download included the following files in the graphics/packed folder -

PR1.dds
PR1.plist
PR2.dds
PR2.plist

I think these clash with the new packed graphics in the update.

If you are using the new update, delete the files mentioned above from your Pea Ridge mod folder and the psycho graphics problem seems to clear.

Also remember that the updated Gfxpack.csv needs to replace that in the logistics folder of the original download.

Good luck.

Alright, Crikey's back, we missed ya guy.

Yeah, the update is working for most folks, I knew it might be confusing for others since my instructions sometimes confuse me.

I'll probably go ahead and upload the new version tonight, approx 12 hours from now. In the meantime hopefully any issues found will be reported so they can be fixed for the newer version.

Thanks Everyone!

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #41

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
The elusive and rarely seem Greater Purple Tryffid. Believed to have swallowed up a whole Union Brigade at Pea Ridge

Wonder how many folks know your Tryffid referral...I assume you're using it in reference to the sci-fi (British production?)

The Day of the Tryffids

Wonder if they've made a colorized version. Least it was a Talky.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #42

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Hey Reb

Thanks. Like to check in and see what's going on.

Great work on getting these finished.

JB's work is stunning and your additions are brill. Nice to get a complete package.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #43

• rudy
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
I'm almost as old as Ingles (maybe older).

I read the book. It was paper, not clay tablet.

The movie was in colour (sort of), although the first time I saw it was on a black and white TV.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #44

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
rudy wrote:
"That error occurs when units are mixed, it causes no issues"

Do you think we could have the explanation in clear English?

Thanks.

How about this example:

Designing an infantry brigade with cavalry and, or artillery units included among the infantry regiments.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #45

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
rudy wrote:
I'm almost as old as Ingles (maybe older).

I read the book. It was paper, not clay tablet.

The movie was in colour (sort of), although the first time I saw it was on a black and white TV.

I stand corrected...looked it up to verify. Yeah, guess I saw it first on B&W TV also since the movie came out in 51, I was 3. Geoff was about 13, so he REALLY saw those Purple Triffids, probably when it first came out...right Geoff?

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #46

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
RebBugler wrote:
You start with DDS files, then in order to pack them they must be converted to PNG, I use the Paint.net Bulk Processor for this. After packing they must then be converted back to DDS.

Hmm, I have no idea why I was under the impression that the PNG files still had to be included with the DDS files.

Jumping Topic :

Crikey Welcome Back, I've been wondering where you have been lately!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #47

Hi Reb

triffids.jpg

My memory of the TV show / film has faded somewhat but I do recall it was a very poor and lurid interpretation of the book by John Wyndham. Day of the Tryffids was a classic sci-fi story in the War of the Worlds mode.

I am thinking by the way of submitting the following piece to Wikipedia for consideration

Tryffidus Gigantum Ultrapurpurem Legumemdorsii (aka Giant Purple Tryffid)

A highly radiation-modified plant that existed in Arkansas USA in the middle of the 19th Century. Its development was thought to have been caused by sub-surface radioactive minerals under Pea Ridge ( the site of the ACW battle of that name).

The plant is rumoured to have had stupefying and carnivorous tendencies and it is further rumoured that large number of Union troops at the battle of Pea Ridge fell victim to it. This is hard to verify as General Samuel Curtis, wishing to avoid panic amongst his troops, placed a subsequent Area 51 type block on all access to the area and to all data concerning the incidents.

The story was circulated by General Curtis that the sightings were caused by over-indulgence at the Elkhorn Tavern of the local moonshine laced with Indian Mushroom Dust.

Current day local Indian belief however suggests that the plant still exists in secluded upland areas of Pea Ridge and is patiently waiting for the next American Civil War to come its way.

Or perhaps, Reb, John passed on with a smile on his lips ? Leaving us all with a mystery to solve.

Geoff Laver
Late of Her Britannic Majesty’s 57th Regiment of Foot

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #48

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Geoff, you're a HOOT!

Folks, new version is up, same link on first post. I suggest you delete or rename your previous version before adding this one, the renaming will automatically deselect it in modifications. If the upgrade worked for you there's no need to re-download, it's the same as you have now.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #49

• conjotter
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks for the fix Reb.

Great winter graphics and terrain.

I've played Sugar Creek and its a real nail-biter for the Union.

Looking forward to the others.

You folks should have included Steve Earle's song "Ben McCulloch" with the game .

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #50

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
That is really cool, thanks conjotter

That song could be attached to an end screen...lots of possibilities

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #51

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Reb , I'm still trying to find out why the two-maps are trying to read info from each other and the only thing that I can think of is the naming of the PNG files.

When You have time ask Norb about how many letters are supposed to be assigned to naming the files.

I seem to remember that the names were supposed to be at least three-letters and then a number, but I'm not sure.

This might be why the PG and the PR are trying to read each-other files, there are not enough letters in them to distinguish which files the game should load.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 11 months ago #52

If that ever happens you could say that 'The Kraken Awakes'!

Refer John Wyndham's other books - I don't think they ever made a movie of that one!
regards to all

Nick

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 8 months ago #53

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Upgrade - Now integrated with the recently released mod: Western 1862 Flags HD Upgrade

IOW, all flags are upgraded and the 'Western 1862 Flags HD Upgrade' mod is no longer necessary with a new download and install from this topic, first post.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 8 months ago #54

• dgard20
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
I think Pea Ridge is FANTASTIC. Thank you

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years, 7 months ago #55

• the reb
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Pea Ridge has become a favorite with me also.....
Very nice work.

the reb.....

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years ago #56

This is a Brilliant add-on.

-Great atmosphere, terrain, graphics, bare trees, etc. You really feel that it is a cold hazy March day and not sunny July.

-Well scripted. Confederate disasters are modeled.

-Seems very well researched with units and leaders

-Great historic flags

-Gui graphic inhancements appropriate to the theater and year

-New Pea Ridge splash screens show a very polished and professional attention to detail

-Not well-known battle in a not well-known theater gives the user a better opportunity to learn something new

Thank you!

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 3 years ago #57

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
boogabooga51 wrote:
This is a Brilliant add-on.

-Great atmosphere, terrain, graphics, bare trees, etc. You really feel that it is a cold hazy March day and not sunny July.

-Well scripted. Confederate disasters are modeled.

-Seems very well researched with units and leaders

-Great historic flags

-Gui graphic enhancements appropriate to the theater and year

-New Pea Ridge splash screens show a very polished and professional attention to detail

-Not well-known battle in a not well-known theater gives the user a better opportunity to learn something new

Thank you!

And WE thank you, for the kudos review.

"Confederate disasters are modeled" - Wasn't sure how this would be accepted, especially the scripted 'killing off' of major Rebel leaders, but it appears most folks have figured out how to 'change history' and turn those potential disasters into victories.

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 2 years, 10 months ago #58

• nemo7
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Happy new year y'all, gents. I'm trying to download the file, but the archive seems to be corrupted. Any ideas?

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 2 years, 10 months ago #59

• Chamberlain
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD QA Team
  • We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Hey nemo,

Try and download again...There were some download issues the other day too...

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale 2 years, 10 months ago #60

• nemo7
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Cheers, Chamberlain. I'll try again.
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 1.23 seconds