Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fontenoy Mod.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #61

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks to all who are trying to help,here's the last thing I can think of,I've cut up the .dds files,I know that when I tried to make them too big with the unit files,before I started packing them,the game wouldn't load,so lets try this.

sandbox.mediafire.com/download/m03a5x4zar8j1jm/Flags_GFX.rar

Fingers crossed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saddletank

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #62

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Crikey wrote:
Did you get the flags from Brit sheet 1 working?
That was a problem for me.

Crikey - I have very litle knowledge on which flags are which, but I think that the flags in 'my' picture are from the Brit_Flags01.dds file.

I'm guessing that there is probably a conflict when loading both Mods that contain a gfx file, but I could be wrong.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #63

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Pom, thanks for that rework of the dds files and the gfx file - IT WORKS!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #64

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
That's great news.

Me too.

Big thanks to Pom for reworking the flags and D and others for searching for a solution.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #65

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
@ Crikey \ Saddletank - Hey, now that you have the Mod working, here is a little experiment that you can do when you have the time.

The largest Flag-Set is the Frn_Flags02 at 32,000kb.

Place that in a Mod along with the twenty entries for that flag from the gfx file.

Edit the OOB to show each flag and try to run the Mod.

The flag-set that you mentioned earlier is the 24,001kb - So that might be your Cards-Limit.

If neither of those work you can try the Frn_Flags03 which is at 17,601kb.

Basically, this test will pinpoint exactly how large of a file that your Card will run.

davinci

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #66

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Crikey/Tank, great news,glad it's working for both of you,I'll do a new link for both mods this week.

Thanks to all who helped sort this out.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #67

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
I was just thinking - its never a good idea to have to use another mod to get yours to work... what parts of BuglesAndFlags does Fontenoy use? Could you combine those parts into your main mod?

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #68

The mod keeps crashing on me..just stops att "..unit portrait blaha blaha.." and CTD

Is there no solution to the problem? I just love the period. :/

Cheers

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #69

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Saddletank wrote:
I was just thinking - its never a good idea to have to use another mod to get yours to work... what parts of BuglesAndFlags does Fontenoy use? Could you combine those parts into your main mod?

I agree, and permission has already been granted. But "its never..." is wrong Tank. Lots of folks write small mods to tweak large, sprite based mods...case in point - Wargram.

Don't think that's the case here since this mod isn't using the B&F flags. Probably just the toolbar, and if I'd known this ahead of time I would have suggested the use of the B&F Nap toolbar instead, it could easily be assimilated. Anyway, I don't really know, I've got other projects going presently and haven't had time to check this one out yet, besides, my DL speed has had some issues as of lately.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #70

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Sure, I understand. If you are simply tweaking/adjusting a part of a bigger mod with a smaller mod then it stands to reason that the bigger mod and your mod will be used together. And that is what the users will want.

That wasn't what I meant though.

When a person issues a complete modification for the game, as Fontenoy does, it should be issued all-in-one, self-contained with no reliance on other mods which in this case are effectively sub-mods to the big mod (the reverse of what we both talked about above). See how this is an important difference?

It would be best for the end user if you could incorporate the parts of B&F you used, Pom, into your Fontenoy mod, then people wouldn't need to install B&F.

Some in fact (like me as it happens) already have B&F installed but might have removed parts of it because these clash with yet other mods. It was because my B&F mod wasn't all as per download that I first thought that might be where my flag animation issue was coming from.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #71

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
pansarskott

Do you have the bugles and flags mod installed and activated alongside Fontenoy? You need it.

You should have Fontenoy above Bugles in the mod list.

If still crashing please post the full crash log text as that narrows things down.

Hopefully it can be solved.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #72

I have the B&F installed and Fontenoy on top. After I installed the gfx-fix I get the battle to start but its all messed up..the interface have the British flag etc. but all the units and flags are ACW...

Anyways, heres the crash log..
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #73

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Deactivate EVERY mod except Fontenoy (first) and B&F (second). Your log shows a whole stack of other mods active.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #74

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Pans,

Also, check your uniform settings in options. Every once in a while I'll switch periods and forget to change the uniform settings. I'll end up with Yankees under 18th Century regimental colors 'cause I've left the uniform setting on LOW instead of changing it to BEST. Just a thought.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #75

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
pansarskott, sorry you're having problems,try the solutions offered by Tank,Crikey and Jack,in my game I have Fontenoy well down the list of mods,with B&F above,but it will depend upon your system,as with have already learned.

Tank,I understand what you mean,and if I had set out to make a mod to release,I may well have done several things differently.But this was just something I enjoy doing,so it made sense to use other peoples work,such as Rebs UI,and Gunships drills,when they were already in my game,I could then get the mod working so that I could use it.

I have a Culloden mod that I use, but it's not packed,didn't need to be,so no release.I know this sounds selfish,which is why I thought it only right I let others use what I had done in the same way,or not,it's all done in the name of fun.

Edit...have updated the downloads on the front page to the new flags files.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #76

Deactivate EVERY mod except Fontenoy (first) and B&F (second). Your log shows a whole stack of other mods active.

Thats strange..all other mods are deactivated. I've dubble checked.

Also, check your uniform settings in options. Every once in a while I'll switch periods and forget to change the uniform settings. I'll end up with Yankees under 18th Century regimental colors 'cause I've left the uniform setting on LOW instead of changing it to BEST. Just a thought.

I have it on "Best" setting..still I get yanks. I'm running the "standard Fontenoy uniforms mod"

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #77

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
It appears that 'Pansarskott' is running a different OOB than was intended.

davinci

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #78

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Pan..did you get this solved?

Change your uni settings to low res and see if the new sprites show up.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #79

It appears that 'Pansarskott' is running a different OOB than was intended.

Really..what OOB am I supposed to run?

Change your uni settings to low res and see if the new sprites show up

I tried but with the same results..

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #80

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Pansarskott wrote:
Really..what OOB am I supposed to run?

Activate ONLY these two mods.

The Fontenoy OOB appears here. I use it only in sandbox battles, haven't created any scenarios for it yet.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #81

Activate ONLY these two mods.

*Sigh*...that's exactly what I've done...I know how to activate/diactivate mods and find the OOB in sandbox..I just taught that someone had realesed a different OOB yhat would solve the problem.

Still..I get yanks..

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #82

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
If you are doing exactly this then it seems the installation didn't work correctly then.

Perhaps delete and redownload?

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #83

If you are doing exactly this then it seems the installation didn't work correctly then.

Perhaps delete and redownload?

Ok..I'ii try that...

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #84

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
pan

So, just to check, you have the hi res download from page 1, not the low res standard version also listed?

You also have the new gfx/flags installed from the later post.

And BF latest.

And unis set to best.

Sow updated to latest version.

I'm struggling for solutions...

Perhaps reinstall new download but first...

Worth checking the mod folder to make sure all of the sub folders in fontenoy are there and the files where they should be.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #85

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Pansarskott wrote:
07:00:00 Drafting chain of command
07:00:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander Maj Gen George B. McClellan
07:00:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander Gen Robert E. Lee

Pansarskott wrote:

*Sigh*...that's exactly what I've done...I know how to activate/diactivate mods and find the OOB in sandbox..I just taught that someone had realesed a different OOB yhat would solve the problem.

Still..I get yanks..

Show the log file that doesn't have this at the end of it!

davinci

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #86

Ok..what i*ve done is:

*Removed all mods from the mod folder except B&F and Fontenoy, with B&F on top.

*I have the high-res version of the mod installed with uniform at "Best" option.

*Downloaded and installed the gfx-fix from post 46, into the Fontenoy/Logistics-folder, overwrighting the old.

*Set up a game in sandbox with the Fontenoy OOB (it shows up fine with flags for sides of allied and french) and selects the East cavalryfield-map. I set the battle size to "division vs division and battle options to "defend".

The game loads fine and starts but with yanks and what I think is a Antietam OOB but with a British flag in the interface.

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #87

Show the log file that doesn't have this at the end of it!

I'm sorry davinci, but that is wath I get...

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #88

Ok..I've checked...for some reason the Antietam OOB loads when I start a game..with B&F-mod flags but with Fontenoy interface.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #89

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Move Fontenoy above BF. Then try fontenoy oob again.

Re: Fontenoy Mod. 2 years, 11 months ago #90

Tried it..same results..
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 1.80 seconds