(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stock Uniform Replacement

Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Hi all.

This is a mod that replaces the stock ACW sprites for new ones.

Most of the sprites were made for mods by Martin James, Mark.T and Crikey. These mods are nearing a release date, so watch out for them.
They have a lot more content than this one which is purely visuals, there are no gameplay improvements. This obviously won't change the sprites on any oob that has non stock sprites.

There are some horse holders added, but for those who don't want them, there is a replacement unitglobal csv in a folder within the Logistics folder which will remove them.

You will see in the sandbox menu, an oob named OOB_SB_00_Uniform Test, this will give you an overview of the sprites in the mod.

The mod is very memory hungry, so you may get some ctd's when loading battles. Reloading the game should clear this, sorry. Also if you use Bugles & Flags, this will need to sit below the mod in the modifications menu.

If anyone wishes to use any of the sprites, or change the mod around and release their own version, then that's fine.

This mod was put together by Mark.T for me so my thanks to him for this and his help with all things SOWGB. My thanks also to Martin James and Crikey who kept me busy over the summer.

Link
www.dropbox.com/s/89n8rhvzrci6oz1/Stock%20Uniform%20Replacement.zip?dl=0

Screens
s1166.photobucket.com/user/Pom127/slideshow/ACW

Pom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC Edwards, RDBoles, Davinci, RebBugler, Petrus58, roy64, Asid, r59

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 2 weeks ago #2

• Asid
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thank you Pom.

Regards

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 2 weeks ago #3

Looking great. Love the beards!
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 2 weeks ago #4

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Terrific mod, Pom & Mark.

Everyone should try this. It's a painless way to make battles look better.

Martin (J)

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 2 weeks ago #5

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Downloading it Now!

Thanks to Everyone involved!

Where is "Cleaburn" - He has been asking for these New Uniforms!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 2 weeks ago #6

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks to you all.

Pom.

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #7

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
@ " Martin James \ Pom "

Martin James - You asked "Reb" about the Memory Allotment in another post, so I posted this here since it pertains to this Mod.

If I remember correctly when the SOWGB game first came out, someone posted something about allocating more memory to the game and "Norb" responded to it, basically saying Thanks for the information.

Something to do with the way that the Game is Coded pertaining to Windows!

There was never any follow up information that I remember reading about on the forums.

The new uniforms are using approximately "3.34 GB" along with the Map that I am using and I have ( 12GB ) of memory installed.

Question - How far into the Game did You experience a crash when you were testing the uniforms?

Question - How much Memory do you have Installed?

Thanks,

davinci

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #8

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
@ Pom - First - Great Addition with the Mod, the New Uniforms really add a lot of variety to the game.

Question - Why did you decide to place the units in a sort of "frozen - state" when in battle?

The units should have some type of animation such as running the rod down the barrel like the default units do during battle.

I tried to alter the "csv" files but that didn't work out too well.

davinci

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #9

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Davinci wrote:
@ " Martin James \ Pom "

Question - How far into the Game did You experience a crash when you were testing the uniforms?

Question - How much Memory do you have Installed?

Thanks,

davinci

Hi Davinci. Thanks for your help.

1. When loading-up a sandbox OOB or scenario. Crash happens before you get into the game. It's easily solved by just loading up the same thing again, and it then always works. It never crashes during a game. If it does crash on loading, you get messages in this form: 07:00:00 Graphic not found 0. Sometimes between one and two hundred of them

2. A lot of memory installed. It's a fairly recent high-end desktop.

Martin (J)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davinci

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #10

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Hi Davinci.

I've been trying to cut down on the number of animation frames I use. My first mods had up to 40 frames for the Load/Ready/Fire cycle. I've now got that down to around 20 max, with some being lower.

I did this to save on memory usage so that I could get better resolution on the sprites and to put more sprites into the game. I can now get most infantry units onto one 4096 sprite sheet.

Sorry if you feel I've taken it to far, I'm always looking at my animations, from number of frames to preventing some of the spite "jumping" that you can get in GB. I'll keep trying different things.

Have you tried using the Load animations for the Ready ones? Changing them in the unitpack csv. This may give you more of the look you are looking for.

Pom.

Edit.
Sorry forgot to answer you other question.

As Martin said above, the problem normaly comes in the loading stage. I somtimes get the problem when I change maps or settings between battles. As Martin says, reloading clears the problem.

I have 8GB of Ram.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davinci

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #11

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Yes I should have said. 16GB of RAM.

Martin (J)

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #12

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Martin James wrote:
When loading-up a sandbox OOB or scenario. Crash happens before you get into the game. It's easily solved by just loading up the same thing again, and it then always works. It never crashes during a game. If it does crash on loading, you get messages in this form: 07:00:00 Graphic not found 0. Sometimes between one and two hundred of them

2. A lot of memory installed. It's a fairly recent high-end desktop.

Martin (J)

Martin - The previous Game had this same problem with a few Operating Systems, if memory serves it occurs when Starting another game without going back to the Desktop.

Pom wrote:
Hi Davinci.

I've been trying to cut down on the number of animation frames I use. My first mods had up to 40 frames for the Load/Ready/Fire cycle. I've now got that down to around 20 max, with some being lower.

I did this to save on memory usage so that I could get better resolution on the sprites and to put more sprites into the game. I can now get most infantry units onto one 4096 sprite sheet.

Sorry if you feel I've taken it to far, I'm always looking at my animations, from number of frames to preventing some of the spite "jumping" that you can get in GB. I'll keep trying different things.

Have you tried using the Load animations for the Ready ones? Changing them in the unitpack csv. This may give you more of the look you are looking for.

Thanks, Pom!

No problem it just appeared sort of weird when viewing it the first time.

Yes, I did change the "Ready" to the "Load" in both the ( unitmodel, and the unitspack ) csv files to give the formation that added movement when in battle. It works but "Not" as good as having the 40 frames.

Testing with :

Windows 7
12GB Ram
Geforce GT 740

*129,000 Union Army - 116,000 Confederates
*Added ( Four unpacked Units ) Two from TC2M \ Two from SOWGB
*MarkT - Gettysburg Map

No Problems to report!

Great Addition to the Game!

Thanks to All that were Involved with this Mod!

davinci

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #13

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks Davinci.

Glad your able to run the mod with no problems. Seeing the Ram you and Martin are using has reminded me that I need to upgrade a little.

Pom.

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #14

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Pom - have you contacted One of the Team-Members about going this Mod posted in the Downloaded Section?

More people will want this in the coming months.

davinci

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month, 1 week ago #15

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks Davinci, I always forget to get mods added to the list.

Pom.

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month ago #16

• ada
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Hello

Real,this is best.
But where should I put it?I can not see it anywhere.I copy graphic to the graphic,logist,OOBs,sound ..all.And not work.

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month ago #17

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
ada wrote:
But where should I put it?I can not see it anywhere.I copy graphic to the graphic,logist,OOBs,sound ..all.And not work.

Copy or Place the whole "Stock Uniform Replacement" Folder with all of its ( Sub-folders ) into your SOWGB \ Mods - folder.

Keep that whole folder intact, you do not have to separate any of the files.

Start Game - Go to ( Modifications ) Select "Stock Uniform Replacement" - Keep this file as the last selection so as to not overwrite any of its files.

davinci
The following user(s) said Thank You: ada

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 1 month ago #18

• ada
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
OK,thank you.Just only all to the MOD and work 100%.My regards.

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 4 weeks ago #19

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Hey, "Pom" your Graphics are very easy to convert into different uniforms by changing the "Color" a bit.

So as the same unit doesn't look exactly alike!

The rest of adding the units are pretty straight forward, just change the name of the new unit and Copy and Paste the new information into the (csv) files.

1_2017-11-18.jpg

2_2017-11-18.jpg

3_2017-11-18.jpg

4_2017-11-18.jpg

Great Job!

davinci

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 4 weeks ago #20

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thank you Davinci. Anyone's welcome to have a play with them, you normally come up with some good alternatives.

Pom.

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 3 weeks, 5 days ago #21

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Davinci wrote:
Hey, "Pom" your Graphics are very easy to convert into different uniforms by changing the "Color" a bit. davinci

I like this idea, Davinci.

Can you publish a mug's guide on how to do it please?

Martin (J)

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 3 weeks, 5 days ago #22

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Martin James wrote:
Can you publish a mug's guide on how to do it please?

Martin - How is everything going!

What is "Your" definition of a "mug's guide" - guessing here - an example with photos?

Basically, I will use the Graphic shown in a red circle in the photo above which is ( CInf08 ).

Copied ( CInf08.dds ) to the Desktop along with the ( CInf08.plist ) file.

Renamed this to ( DInf08.dds ) - Renamed ( DInf08.plist ) Just changed the first letter to keep it easy to edit.

Photoshop - to change the "Color" and "Saturation" from blue to grey in the ( DInf08.ddds ) file.

Basically - to make the new unit look different from the previous unit, even if they are wearing the same uniform.

That is the "Simple Part" - of editing in a new uniform. The next part is also "Simple" but slightly complicated at first, but then very simple also.

As "You" know - the files are in the new format of being "Packed" - So you must change the "Names" of the Packed files in the (plist) to the "New" name that you are using!

This is where the "Single" letter comes in handy, only changing the "First" letter of the name.

I use a "Hex-Editior" with the feature of "Replace All" for a "Text String" or "Hex String", but the "text" is what we are changing in this example.

There are ( 962 ) files starting with ( CInf ) located in the (CInf08.plist) file.

Use the Replace All Feature - by changing the (CInf) to (DInf) - With a Click of the mouse 962 names will be changed in a second from (CInf) to (DInf). Also - the names are case-sensitive.

After that - Just use the Copy and Paste to change the other (csv) files to input the new uniform by using the information from the previous unit.

(unitglobal, unitmodel, and unitpack).

Post back if this is confusing!

davinci
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin James

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement 3 weeks, 3 days ago #23

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Much obliged, Davinci. You are always such a helpful modder.

Am saving your guide for future reference.

Martin (J)
  • Page:
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds