Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

To The Gates Of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign – A Review
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: To The Gates Of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign – A Review

To The Gates Of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign – A Review 5 years, 4 months ago #1

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."

"If you see the President, tell him from me that whatever happens there will be no turning back."

Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, 1864

To The Gates Of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign – A Review 5 years, 4 months ago #2

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
Another great review by our resident WriterJWA. Thank you!
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.

Re: To The Gates Of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign – A Review 5 years, 4 months ago #3

Jackson was horrible at the Seven Days, at least according to Foote ...

Re: To The Gates Of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign – A Review 5 years, 4 months ago #4

• KG_Soldier
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander

Re: To The Gates Of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign – A Review 5 years, 4 months ago #5

• NY Cavalry
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
X Navy Seal wrote:
Jackson was horrible at the Seven Days, at least according to Foote ...

The battle of Glendale is where Jackson really dropped the ball. He failed to send his troops forward, which would have crushed two Union corps. It is said, that by that point in the campaign, he was thoroughly exhausted.

McClellan, himself, was off on some naval gunboat having dinner(during Glendale). He was oblivious to his army's well being.

I have read this book and it is very good. Anything Sears writes is worth reading.
  • Page:
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds