Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield!

Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #1

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDBoles, Michael Slaunwhite, Ingles of the 57th, Saddletank

Re: Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #2

Huzzah!!
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew." Abraham Lincoln
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC Edwards

Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #3

• bedbug
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
outstanding!

Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #4

"Multiplayer online combat in several modes, including: Standard opposite sides, cooperative play versus the AI, and play embedded within historical battle scenarios. "

Does this mean Scripted actions are now possible for AI in multiplayer? As I've understood there has only been dynamic AI without scripted waypoints etc. before..
http://mazikainen.blogspot.com My wargaming blog

Re: Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #5

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
Mazikainen wrote:
"Multiplayer online combat in several modes, including: Standard opposite sides, cooperative play versus the AI, and play embedded within historical battle scenarios. "

Does this mean Scripted actions are now possible for AI in multiplayer? As I've understood there has only been dynamic AI without scripted waypoints etc. before..

Unfortunately not. For head to head action scripting is obviously unnecessary. However, for coop play, this would be a great addition. Hopefully, this will be considered for the next engine. It's not just a matter of requesting it, preliminary testing has shown this too buggy.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #6

Aw, nuts. I've managed to get a couple of friends to play MP with me but only coop versus AI. Yellabellies too scared at the prospect of seeing me on the other side of the field.

Ah, well. I suppose the superior general is he who needs not fight.
http://mazikainen.blogspot.com My wargaming blog

Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #7

• tsb1stva
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Does this game have a random scenerio generator for MP?

Re: Scourge of War: Chancellorsville Arrives on the Battlefield! 4 years, 8 months ago #8

tsb1stva wrote:
Does this game have a random scenerio generator for MP?

Not a scenario generator, but Sandbox is very similar. You have many battle options to choose from; attack, hunt them down, defend, line of sight, objectives, etc..

I believe the GCM MP group also has random scenarios or something similar.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)
  • Page:
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds