Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Latest Patch

Latest Patch 2 months, 3 weeks ago #1

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
We have submitted our latest minor patch to Matrix. You should be able to get it through their online patcher, or through Steam as soon as it's been through their release cycle.

We wanted to integrate our DLC's with the campaign map for those that have made the purchase, so that's in there. Also a new screen if you own all the new DLCs. We've also included RebBugler's Expanded toolbar mod as part of the patch. As well as a small fix for using Italian language files in mods.

Also be sure to check out the latest SDK, as we have finally released the map editor. It's not polished at all and really just our build of what was out there for PR already. None of those tools are officially supported, but there's enough people around that have used the map tools that posted questions should get answers. The source for the main Waterloo maps are also included so you can try your hand at modifying the existing maps.

Thank you everyone for all your support. We are currently working hard on our next title which will remain in the same historical time period. We'll release more details as things are locked down.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Always remember that this day is to remember those left behind.
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDBoles, Davinci, Grog, Petrus58, voltigeur, Saddletank, DarkRob, r59

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 3 weeks ago #2

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
So awesome to see that you guys are continuing to support the game. Im very choosey when it comes to what games I play so when I find one I like, I want to be able to stick with it. And Scourge of War Waterloo has hands down become my favorite game. I cant wait to see what you've got in store for the series and Il for sure be there on release day to buy it.
"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name" - The Call by Thomas Mordaunt
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler, Little Powell

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 3 weeks ago #3

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Great news Norb, you've been quiet too long.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 3 weeks ago #4

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Ive got one minor question about downloading the new patch. Im already using Reb Buglers latest expanded toolbar. So if I download the new patch that also contains it, is that in anyway going to mess things up because I already have it?
"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name" - The Call by Thomas Mordaunt

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 3 weeks ago #5

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
DarkRob wrote:
Ive got one minor question about downloading the new patch. Im already using Reb Buglers latest expanded toolbar. So if I download the new patch that also contains it, is that in anyway going to mess things up because I already have it?

At the moment (May 28, 2017) both toolbars are identical. Of course eventually any future updates will be through the WL Modifications thread.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 3 weeks ago #6

Hello

Been a long time since i did games but decided to give waterloo a go.

Just bought waterloo and went to the matrix dl site for a patch, not the most recent - from November 2015 - Tried to DL v1.0043
but get the message that no such file exists?

this is my source www.matrixgames.com/products/574/downloads/

what is the latest version please and why cant i get v1.0043

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 3 weeks ago #7

Oh - never mind it seems i should the file Scourge of War: Waterloo 1.0.1 update (Quatre Bras)

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #8

If I purchase Wavre, does it come with the patch? Or should I patch first, then buy Wavre?

Thanks!

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9

Wavre or not, you'll get the latest patch through Steam or the Matrix updater.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #10

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Can it also be downloaded manually? I have removed the Matrix updater - I generally don't like auto-updaters, prefer to do it myself.

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #11

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Is the new patch actually available yet? I keep checking for update but it still says I have the most up to date version.

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #12

• mkeogh76
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
[quote="norb" post=75450]Thank you everyone for all your support. We are currently working hard on our next title which will remain in the same historical time period. We'll release more details as things are locked down.

quote]

It's really great news to hear that SOW series is continuing. I've had my worries as to the series' viability considering how dead its forums (Steam, Matrix, and here) have been despite Waterloo and its DLC being fairly young games. Also, the Wavre release being done in a seemingly hurried manner (no release patch and little things like Grouchy having a generic portrait) also appeared to indicate that the series' future wasn't exactly bright. So, I am very glad that Norbsoft are moving forward with another release.

Although I see areas where they can be improved upon, I do love these games and will continue to purchase them as long as Norbsoft keeps making them.

I am little bit surprised (but not disappointed) that the next game is going to be in the "same historical time period" as Waterloo. Another Napoleonic title? What else could it be?

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #13

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
mkeogh76 wrote:
Another Napoleonic title? What else could it be?

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Austerlitz.

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #14

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Hm. I've learned to be cautious when devs make an announcement like this. Nothing was said about it being an SoW title, just that it would be in the same time frame.

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #15

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Saddletank wrote:
Hm. I've learned to be cautious when devs make an announcement like this. Nothing was said about it being an SoW title, just that it would be in the same time frame.

I honestly didn't even know Norbsoft made other titles besides Scourge of War. What other games have they made?

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #16

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
There's an iPhone App game for the ACW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarkRob

Re: Latest Patch 2 months, 2 weeks ago #17

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Saddletank wrote:
There's an iPhone App game for the ACW.

Oh wow, I didn't even know. To bad my phone is Android. Actually it's probably just as well. That's the type of thing that would get me in trouble at work lol

Re: Latest Patch 2 months ago #18

• roy64
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
What's the latest version meant to be, I've still got V.101 & has the latest patch fixed the cavalry problem?
Leicestershire

Re: Latest Patch 2 months ago #19

• DarkRob
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
roy64 wrote:
What's the latest version meant to be, I've still got V.101 & has the latest patch fixed the cavalry problem?

I'm still on 101 to. Norb said they submitted the new patch to Matrix, but Matrix may be dragging their feet in releasing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roy64

Re: Latest Patch 2 months ago #20

• roy64
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
DarkRob wrote:
roy64 wrote:

I'm still on 101 to. Norb said they submitted the new patch to Matrix, but Matrix may be dragging their feet in releasing it.

I have the Steam version so maybe steam are dragging their feet in releasing it as well. I guess Norb are delaying the patch so they can fix the Cavalry problem but then again they haven't responded to the thread so maybe they are not bothered about the Cavalry problem.
Leicestershire

Re: Latest Patch 2 months ago #21

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Roy, check the announcement again. Work on the patch is finished and its been passed to Matrix for distribution. Norb isn't 'delaying' at all. Steam will update their patch system when Matrix release theirs, all these different parts must function together, so that all customers get access to the patch at the same time.

Right now I imagine Matrix is arranging with Steam so that both are released at the same time.

The cavalry problem was only highlighted quite recently. I very much doubt NSD will have had the time to work on it. In fact the 'patch' seems to mostly be a small update to allow the QB, Ligny and Wavre add-ons to function with the SB campaign and the other minor items listed in Norb's second paragraph. No indication of any game functionality changes. That was the only concrete news that was announced.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDBoles
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.07 seconds