Username Password: Remember me

Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released

Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #1

Scourge of War - Lynchburg

Download Link

To install, just unzip the Lynchburg folder to your Mods folder and enable in game. Included in the zip is a Lynchburg Readme.pdf with more info on the features and historic battle.

Version 1.0
Author: Little Powell, RebBugler, LouiRaider, 2nd Texas

This a standalone mod for Scourge Of War - Gettysburg. It is a special project we did for Liberty College in Lynchburg, VA for the 150th commemoration of the battle.

Important: You must have patch 1.5 or later to use this add-on.

Features:

- 5x5 mile map covering the Lynchburg battle area, including General Hunter’s headquarters “Sandusky”, The Quaker Meeting house, and other historic structures.
- Five Union and Confederate historic and “what if” scenarios covering the action.
- Historic Order of Battle
- Historic unit flags used during the battle
- One multiplayer scenario covering the action of July 18th, 1864
- In-game Lynchburg splash screens

Notes on the map:

The map includes several tactical features that make for enjoyable Sandbox/Multiplayer games. There is a river that separates the northeastern part of the map which includes the famous covered 9th street bridge. There are two earthen forts (Ft. Early and Ft. McCausland) and plenty of open areas surrounded by woods and LOTS of hills. Also the distinctive high mountain peaks to the southeast.

More info on The Battle of Lynchburg: Hunter's Raid

NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #2

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Many thanks LP. Map looks really good and I can see myself using it lots. A nice mix of woods and open spaces.

I'm really looking forward to the Waterloo game, but it's nice to get the occasional ACW fix too!

Martin

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #3

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Thanks LP, looks great.

HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell, Michael Slaunwhite

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #4

• 13thnct
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Is the year round ski slope at Liberty present in the map?
Excellent work, this looks incredible!

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #5

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Looks impressive. Great work from all involved.

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #6

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Wow! I know the area well. This will be fabulous. (Might have to leave the 18th century for a while).

Thanks LP.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #7

• the reb
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
you guys are just like my exwife......just when I thought I wasn't going to get...well you know...I get some!!!! what other unexpected surprises (the Civil War, etc) are forth coming. Map looks great, can wait, but for now I must defend Fredericksburg.....

thank you very much,
the reb

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #8

• rudy
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks for this package.

I love campaigns like this. A great learning experience (already read the pdf) and challenging scenarios. Good size too. Really delivers the feeling of "being there".

And bonus, the soldiers aren't wearing uniforms designed by Fruit of the Loom (Waterloo, 1812, etc.)

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #9

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Fruit of the Loom?

Lots of people think Napoleonic soldiers dressed like the artists of the time painted them, but since those artists were depicting the pretty clean uniforms of the parade ground and the march past, and were in the trade of glorifying and prettyfying war, most people today have a distorted view of what Napoleonic troops dressed like when on campaign...

img339.imageshack.us/img339/518/gendelzonatmaloyaroslav.jpg

And if you think ACW troops didn't dress in bright uniforms, you haven't looked at the 1861 armies.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davinci, Michael Slaunwhite, Ingles of the 57th

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #10

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Tank , I like the first picture of the uniforms; I guess that I’m also one that prefers the mixing of the uniforms instead of the parade-ground-uniforms.

It would be nice to have the ability to mix and match roughly twelve uniforms per regiment.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #11

I'm definitely going to stream this one.

Thanks guys.

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #12

• rckgunny
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
yeah this mod froze up my game i had to ctlr-alt-delete to get out of my game afterr i put in this mod , so what did i do wrong or what did i not do correcly?

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #13

• rckgunny
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
ok i got it working sorry about that , last time i use any links from facebook . facebook is not good for some things. turns out to be a nice mod though .

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #14

• conjotter
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks to Little Powell and anyone else who worked on this fun add-on game.

It plays very well.

One question: Do forts give defenders a higher defence modifier than being in the woods or being behind a stone wall?

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #15

conjotter wrote:

One question: Do forts give defenders a higher defence modifier than being in the woods or being behind a stone wall?

The defense bonus of the forts is much higher than a fence, but about the same as a stone wall. The difference between a stone wall and a fort is that there's a huge movement/fatigue penalty on a fort. So if you are charging a fort, you'll get worn out real fast (having to charge up the steep incline).
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #16

Just wanted to thank the team for this wonderful surprise.

This game really is a gift that keeps giving. So many hours spent killing tiny men.
Snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory since 1982
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 years, 3 months ago #17

Yes, this is a really good map. I haven't used the historical OOB yet, but I've played five battles using other OOBs. Tonight I'll try my first MP on the map. Much obliged for the great work.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 2 years, 5 months ago #18

• mdwn15
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
I like to see differents uniforms in the same units this give a touch realist

i speak about Fruit of the Loom?
Choose man or General we are all soldiers and will make our duty

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 1 year, 1 month ago #19

• kjdunc9443
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Hey guys,

I downloaded this mod. Installed it. It fails when the loading screen gets to "Planting Shrubbery". I deactivated all my mods and it still failed on the stock game. My games is 1.5001 I believe. I do not have any of the other official add on's. Do I need one of those in order for it to work? I appreciate your help!

Kyle

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 1 year, 1 month ago #20

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
kjdunc9443 wrote:
My games is 1.5001 I believe.

The latest Version of the Game is 1.6100 .

You might also run into some problems with the Packages file, not sure.

Basically, some of the structures may not show up.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 1 year, 1 month ago #21

• kjdunc9443
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Davinci,

Well that worked for me. I dont know how I never updated to 1.61......Once again I appreciate your help in pointing out something I should have caught!!! lol

Kyle

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 4 weeks, 1 day ago #22

• ada
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
ibb.co/n1RqTR

Hello (Confederate)
If I understand correctly,do not I keep points in town?JUST ONLY attack against blue and take their 3 points"objectives?
Because on the attached picture is obvious that they do not "shine...so I do not have them occupied is not my flag on them.
Or it is a program bug??

Thanks very much,for this beautiful screnario.

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 4 weeks, 1 day ago #23

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
ada wrote:
ibb.co/n1RqTR

Hello (Confederate)
If I understand correctly,do not I keep points in town?JUST ONLY attack against blue and take their 3 points"objectives?
Because on the attached picture is obvious that they do not "shine...so I do not have them occupied is not my flag on them.
Or it is a program bug??

Thanks very much,for this beautiful screnario.

What scenario number and what's the objective name in question? Maybe the author will weigh in, if it's mine, I'll try to help.

Several rules to occupy an objective. Up front make sure you have an officer within the objective's activation radius...Mouseover the objective on the mini map for objective criteria.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 4 weeks ago #24

• ada
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Hi
Of course I have an officer there and 200 soldiers."Objective criteria is hold with 100 soldier.I'm talking about holding my town Lynchburg.
There is foto :

ibb.co/n1RqTR

Scourge Of War - Lynchburg

I play general Jubal Earl.

new foto :

ibb.co/mrEJHm

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 4 weeks ago #25

• RebBugler
  • ( User )
  • NSD Designer
ada wrote:
Hi
Of course I have an officer there and 200 soldiers."Objective criteria is hold with 100 soldier.I'm talking about holding my town Lynchburg.
There is foto :

ibb.co/n1RqTR

Scourge Of War - Lynchburg

I play general Jubal Earl.

new foto :

ibb.co/mrEJHm

Assuming this is the last scenario (LB05) where you selected Early, you're trying to activate a Union objective. This won't happen, read the Intro for clarification. The author of this scenario will have to explain further, I'm guessing you just ignore the Union only objectives and capture the CSA ones. These 'Commander Select' type scenarios can be confusing since they don't differentiate between the side selected regarding which objectives are shown. And yes, this is an issue with these types of scenarios, but not necessarily a bug.

Glad you're enjoying this mod!
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 4 weeks ago #26

• ada
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Well, I'm going to attack OR hold the city?Or both?? As the general and absolute commander of Jubal Earl.Because it has 2 hours scenario.So, I must to keep those three points?
Or attacking 3 points in the enemy line?

I ask for a clear order
sincerely
general Jubal Anderson Early

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 weeks, 6 days ago #27

Hello - As it states in the intro:

Attack and hold the enemy Objectives. For the Union, the objectives are to take are Lynchburg, Ft Early, and Ft McCausland. For the Confederates, the objectives are to take Sandusky, Quaker Meeting House, and Shields. Note: You can only gain points by taking the enemy objectives.

So if you are Early, your orders are to take Sandusky, Quaker Meeting House, and Shields.

Reb is right that the "choose your own side" system isn't perfect since there's no way for it to know which side you choose (and hence give you the right Orders.) But for it's flaws, it's still cool to be able to choose any commander you want, either side.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released 3 weeks, 6 days ago #28

• ada
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
OK.Take three positions by attack and occupy them.On (medium)it's pretty hard.That scenario is very nice.
As he says I probably defended my position prematurely.
This game with new grafik MOD is really best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell
  • Page:
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 1.01 seconds