Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Olustee

Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #1

Came across this earlier.Looks interesting.....
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by General P R Cleburne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chamberlain

Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #2

No time like the present then:

Enjoy!

Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by General P R Cleburne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDBoles, Jack ONeill, Chamberlain, Tobe123, Michael Slaunwhite, Baldwin, Blaugrana

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #3

Cool. About time too. Close to 8 months I gather...

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #4

• Crikey
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Thanks for posting those movies. Very Impessed with the way you've tackled the story. Hope to see more.

Great to see my Olustee map used this way.

Hell, I might even see Valverde (aka Valveeta) make its screen debut at this rate.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Crikey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FH_Little, General P R Cleburne

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #5

• Flanyboy
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Team
Really kind of neat! Like the way the store is interwoven into the battle! Our of curiosity did you film in one shoot or did you do multiple shoots?

Did you have a screen play of what you wanted to see on screen or did you just play the battle out like history and record while you did it?

Also what tools did you use to get the menu and controls out of the way? I've seen people use tools to get menus and the like out of the way of various games but I never knew how they did it.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Flanyboy.

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #6

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • NSD QA Team
Cycling the U button removes the interface. Its my understanding this movie and the other parts took MONTHS and there were literally hundreds of play-throughs to get the right action and the right camera angle at the right time.

I particularly like the panning shot that starts at 04:20 where Col Smith is sending riders over to his two cavalry regiments. The composition of that pan is perfect.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Saddletank.

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #7

Michael Slaunwhite wrote:
Cool. About time too. Close to 8 months I gather...

Yes indeed! Sorry Mike!

Apparently, it appears that getting Frapps Smith and AVS Jones to see eye to eye and cooperate early on in the project wasn't an easy task.
They seem to have settled their differences over a bottle of "Bishops finger" somewhere along the way tho and now all seems well.Hopefully we should see what else they've been up to soon enough.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by General P R Cleburne.

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #8

Think I got it all cleaned up and in the right forum.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill

In rememberance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #9

• Baldwin
  • ( User )
  • SOW Lt General
As a fellow filmmaker I say outstanding work Cleburne!

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #10

• Leffe7
  • ( User )
  • NSD QA Team
Very impressive work Cleburne!
I can't wait for the follow-ups

Re: Olustee 1 year, 8 months ago #11

Very professional, well done. The music fits very well with the video. It sets the mood of grim work being done. I especially like the scenes of a regiment firing a volley and then being completely obscured by their smoke. I'm looking forward to see how things turn out in the final reel.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.

Re: Olustee 1 year, 7 months ago #12

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • NSD QA Team
I was allowed to have a sneak preview of Act II and things hot up considerably with the story of the battle covered very well in all its grim confusion, mistakes and slaughter. The sub-titling help perfectly the viewer understand what is going on and why. There's certainly going to be 3 parts at least.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.

Re: Olustee 1 year, 7 months ago #13

• FH_Little
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
@ Flanyboy:
It's taken a few months to do this. Olustee is our first attempt at this sort of thing. Learning how to use the various tools properly took some time. We used demo software at first, so unlocking them required re-shooting to remove watermarks. The version you see now is basically the 3rd one. Not being independently wealthy also meant we couldn't spend our full time on it either.

Crikey's map made it very easy to place units using Nulty's Confederate Florida and the Battle of Olustee website (which includes O.R. of the battle). The maps there and the Confederate engineer map made after the battle were what we used and Crikey's detail on the map allowed us to be pretty spot on as far as unit placement.

Lots of saves were involved in shooting. Usually multiple shots of units after discussions of what that unit did and how we could show it. Dealing with units sometimes was what it must be like to work with a bad actor. Batteries marching across the middle of a shot. Wagons and/or commanders pressing to the front to get face time.

It all was a learning experience for us, long hours at times but was very fun to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: General P R Cleburne, Blaugrana

Re: Olustee 1 year, 7 months ago #14

Utmost apologies to those waiting for Part III to go up.Jones and smith have been delayed due to the discovery of another bottle of "Bishops finger" although ive heard that the bottle has been consumed and they are now back to the storyboard.Fingers and toes crossed they get something out very soon over the weekend or early in the following week.Again apologies have been forwarded from the culprits and order has now been restored.
Thanks
Cleburne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonah

Re: Olustee 1 year, 7 months ago #15

• FH_Little
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite, Drummerboy, Ingles of the 57th, Blaugrana
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds