Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beta 1.4026

Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #1

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
This time we're going to test a larger packet size. It doesn't make sense, but lowering caused more issues. If the problem is with the network layer splitting packets, then this will show it.

user: beta
pass: tester

www.norbsoftware.com/Downloads/Beta/SOWGB_BETA_PatchVer1_4026.exe
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by norb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blaugrana

Re: Beta 1.4024 2 years, 5 months ago #2

• Kerflumoxed
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
  • Retired FB Coach, History & Pol. Sci. Professor
With the new patch, we attempted a courier game. When I sent a courier message at a little over 8 minutes, the game froze within 1 or 2 seconds. The message was not exceedingly long, but apparently too long. We all sent log files to MTG and I am he will be in touch.

Norb, thanks for all the work you do ... we greatly appreciate it.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blaugrana

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #3

• Kerflumoxed
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
  • Retired FB Coach, History & Pol. Sci. Professor
We played a few games last evening with the ...26 patch and had no problems! We sent couriers with messages of various lengths, although most were of the "short" nature, with no problems. Thanks very much, Norb, for your attentivness to this problem and the quick fix.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #4

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Great news, sorry I had to call it a night early. Hopefully tonight we can get more players and try it with long free-text messages again and see if there's a break limit

Also note: games need to be 120 or 180 minutes!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Saddletank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #5

• Leffe7
  • ( User )
  • NSD QA Team
Another promising game today. We were 5 players vs. AI and played 90 min without any problems. We did send lots of couriers, also with long text.
We were unable to locate the enemy though so this still needs more testing.

Some observations (new in this beta patch?):
- if you give a move by map order to another player, he will begin moving there automaticly (I don't like this). The troops are unaffected.
- when composing a free text courier, you are limited to one line and must hit enter to continue. (I like this, prevents from sending blank messages when hitting enter is forgotten).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack ONeill, Little Powell

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #6

• Blaugrana
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
Leffe7 wrote:
- if you give a move by map order to another player, he will begin moving there automaticly (I don't like this). The troops are unaffected.

Are you sure, Leffe?
I think my regiments were affected as well as me by Saddletank ordering me somewhere using the Command Map.

Great game, btw, despite the absence of fighting. Playing HITS, on one of the South Mountain maps, without cavalry, or civilian informants, we were unable to find the enemy. They may, of course, have fled at our approach ...

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #7

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
That's great to hear! Glad it's finally stable. I really appreciate everyone helping, as since we couldn't recreate the error ourselves we counted on receiving all the logs from everyone and you didn't disappoint. It was just guess work, trying different things until something worked. You guys playing every night and giving instant feedback made it possible. Thanks again!
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoB4thTEXAS, Marching Thru Georgia, Blaugrana

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #8

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Hey, Norb, any chance you can set the courier pathing back how it was in v1.4012 - so they DO NOT use roads? Its really messy right now with the new roads thing. Ugh.

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #9

Running Impulse I can see the game offers an autoupdate to a version called 1.400.003 or something like that.

I have this beta patch 26 installed. I guess I have the newest update but I am a bit confused. Some info?

Greetings.

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #10

I doubt they have the latest beta patch at Impulse, so your best bet would be to just download it here.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #11

Little Powell wrote:
I doubt they have the latest beta patch at Impulse, so your best bet would be to just download it here.

Wich patch could the Impulse one be? It is a post 1.4 patch, but perhaps a previous beta?
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Gudadantza.

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #12

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Why worry? Just get the latest patch the devs own forum has on offer, surely that's the latest?

Bsides 026 being a higher number than 003.

Re: Beta 1.4026 2 years, 5 months ago #13

Saddletank wrote:
Why worry? Just get the latest patch the devs own forum has on offer, surely that's the latest?

Bsides 026 being a higher number than 003.

Of course. I am not going to install another patch, It is just a doubt about patch numbers. Perhaps something had been changed, but if it is not the case no problem at all, then.

Thanks!
  • Page:
Moderators: Marching Thru Georgia
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds