Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 11 months ago #91

I would post your issue in the Valverde thread. You have a better chance of Crikey seeing and addressing your issue.

www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/42542-valverde-map-released
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 11 months ago #92

• Jolly
  • ( User )
  • NSD Artist
I've recently installed Win7 64, which I needed to completely re-intall SoW Gettysburg and the Antietam add-on.
Things did'nt go quite as well as before I'm afraid.

After a lot of figuring out (patches, codes etc) I finally got SoW to run in non-demo mode - BUT no Antietam. It installed ok and the files are in the correct place when I checked my SoW install folder, but it simply will not show in-game.
I'm running the 1.5001 patch of course.

I suspect registry problems, but I'm asking for a little help here if poss?

thanks
David

ps - I posted this on the Matrix board too

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 11 months ago #93

• born2see
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Team
  • Skippy Jimmy
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #94

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
B****r, I am now stuck in demo mode. I uninstalled today due to my game crashing. Unable to find a newer download link that worked, I installed again from v1.3 and applied all the patches and add-ons, only to be caught out by the faulty first Matrix patch, because I completely forgot that deactivating would now be required.

Deleting the Matrix folder from the registry as MTG instructed on the first page has had no effect whatsoever. Still stuck in demo mode.

Applying the Revised 1.5 patch made no difference even though it asked me for my Antietam and Pipe Creek registration keys.

Can anyone assist?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #95

• born2see
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Team
  • Skippy Jimmy
Did you delete the NorbSoftDev keys as well?

The procedure that works for me is:

Delete the game

Delete the Registry keys, Matrix and NorbSoftDev

Install the game and map packs

Patch it with this patch: www.matrixgames.com/products/441/downloads/Scourge.of.War:.Gettysburg

Install your mods.

Let us know if it still doesn't work

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saddletank

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #96

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
I've just spent over an hour reinstalling the game. Was trying to get around the annoying broken Matrix patch problem without having to do it all again.

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #97

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
I apologize for this. It's a pain removing our old DRM. I don't know why there are so many issues with the installation. We did test it, but there must be situations that got by us.
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saddletank

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #98

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Thanks for the help and comments, particularly Born2See - I removed the old NSD registry keys, reinstalled the new version of 1.5001 over the existing copy of it and that did the trick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: born2see

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #99

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Okay Kids,

Have been back from Goatscrewistan for a week now, (with a new scar as a souvenir), and have finally cleared off enough time to install the new 1.5 patch. Don't have time to read all the bloody topic replys, so can someone please lay out the simplest way to do this? Last I heard, one needed to have all the codes for the game and add-ons. Have those and would like to get this done. Thanks in advance.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #100

• born2see
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Team
  • Skippy Jimmy
Jack,

That's all you need. Install the patch, use your codes when asked and you should be good. If not, we're here to help.

B

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #101

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Thanks Born.

Last question, (right...). Do I deactivate the game first or just charge in with the patch?

Jack

"Molon Labe"

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #102

• born2see
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Team
  • Skippy Jimmy
Full speed ahead with the patch. It does away with the need for activation.

Every time I say that, I hear the collective sigh of relief in the background.

B

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #103

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Ha!

Knew there would be more questions - Norb has some posting at the beginning of this thread about registering with Matrix games to get the patch. So, which freakin' patch do I use and where do I get it? (God, I'm tired of this already....)

Jack

"Molon Labe"

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #104

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Jack - Hey, how is everything going, you haven't been around in a while, except a post here and there.

Well, as you already know, there have been quite a few problems with the proper procedure in Installing the patch.

But, after reading most of the problems that people are having, I'm under the impression that there is not a single solution to solve them that works for everyone.

You are just going to have to take it one-step-at-a-time and see what works for you. If the game isn't working when you get through Installing everything, then go from that point.

It is not necessary to register with the other company unless you want them to keep your codes on hand for you.

I have mine saved in varies places on the Computer, and also in my EMail account. So, if my Computer goes down, I can still retrieve them from EMails.

Sorry, but there is no single answer that is going to work for everyone!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #105

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Roger that Dav.

Have my codes on email also, just in case. Gonna give it a shot here in a bit.
Will advise.

Jack

"Molon Labe"

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #106

• born2see
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Team
  • Skippy Jimmy
Jack,

You can download the patch here if you need it:

www.matrixgames.com/products/441/downloads/Scourge.of.War:.Gettysburg

B

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #107

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Thanks Born,

Got it and installed. HOWEVER, game runs fine except Antietam and Pipe Creek have disappeared from the game completely with the exception of the PC maps listed in the Maps section but not shown in the Sandbox map section. At no time was I given the opportunity to give up the codes to activate them. Question - do I download them again, using the same codes?

Jack

"Molon Labe"

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #108

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Okay........

Apparently the old link to the NorbStore doesn't work anymore. MatrixGames apparently has no provision for this situation. Am I missing something here? I have searched my comp from top to bottom and can find no trace of either download. Was I stupid enough to do a direct install from the link? Maybe...

Thoughts?

Jack

"Molon Labe"

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #109

NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

The following user(s) said Thank You: con20or, born2see

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 10 months ago #110

• Jack ONeill
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Thanks LP.

I sort-of thought that might be the case. Was really hoping to avoid dealing with Matrix if at all possible. Not a huge fan of third-party operations. Will give it a shot and see.

Jack

Okay - that worked.

"Molon Labe"
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Jack ONeill.

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 8 months ago #111

• Goldberg
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
I've heard of others with this issue, and the solution was to send an email. I tried that.. maybe I should try another? Well anywho, my issue is this. I'm trying to download the patch. I type in my Activation code for Gettysburg but when it asks for Antietam I draw a blank. I forgot my activation code for it lol.
Is there anyway I can find the code?
"We'll fight em 'til hell freezes over sir, and then we'll fight em' on the ice!" - A Confederate soldier at Gettysburg

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 8 months ago #112

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
email activate at norbsoftware dot com and we can look it up for you. Make sure to email from the same email address that you used to purchase.
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 7 months ago #113

• Garnier
  • ( User )
We have a new player who has the 1.5 demo installed. He has an activation code from the original SOWGB box version from NSD. How can he activate the game?
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 7 months ago #114

The 1.5 Demo cannot be activated. He will need to install the full 1.5 matrix version of the game and then use his Gettysburg code to activate it.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Scourge of War 1.5 Patch / Activation Errors 1 year, 7 months ago #115

• Garnier
  • ( User )
OK.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Moderators: Marching Thru Georgia
Time to create page: 1.18 seconds