Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups

Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #1

Tournament 2 Game Information

By request, tournament 2 will be 2 Vs. 2.

Any player interested can team up with other players. When your teammate has been chosen, post in this thread your Team Name and it will be added to the bracket. If you don't care who your teammate is one will be chosen for you.

All current players are welcome to sign up whether they have lost or won in Tournament 1.

Date: TBD after bracket has been filled.
Type: Sandbox
Game Type: Line Of Sight
Map: Culps Hill
Size: Division 2 vs. 2
OOB: Coming soon..
Time Limit: 1 Hour
Score Limit 10,000
MP Options:
Difficulty: Normal.
Map Display Level: All In Sight
Order by Courier: Side
Realism: Unchecked

Player List

Team KG
NY Willard
Jacks & Jacks
T Team
Billy & Cleb
Neal & LP

Week 1 Winners

TBD...

NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

In remembrance: John "2nd Texas" Bonin (1977 - 2012)

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #2

Signing up Kester and myself as a team. Team name to come. It will likely be something entirely inappropriate.

Edit: Team Transatlantic Transmogrification, or, for the British players, the T Team.

We couldn't come up with anything suitably offensive.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #3

Excellent. I'll put your team in the bracket as soon as you come up with a name.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
He possessed what a fellow soldier called "an unquenchable thirst for battle." - James I. Robertson on A.P. Hill
Next to a lost battle, nothing is so sad as a battle that has been won. - Arthur Wellesley

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #4

• KG_Soldier
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Team KG will fight: kg soldier (Snell), kg sspoom (Ellis).

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #5

• NY Cavalry
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
As long as I can fight my battles during the week or on Sunday, I'm in. (I cannot commit to late Friday games)

Put NY Cavalry and Willard in. Thanks

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #6

General;

General's Kershaw(Armistead) & WSH Baylor() For Team Jacks&Jacks

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #7

The playerlist/bracket has been updated.

Come on folks, anymore takers?

I'll leave the sign ups for awhile. At least until we can get 5 more teams.

I know it's a holiday week so I'm sure that has some to do with it, but hopefully we can get some more players from Tournament 1 to join.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 7 years ago #8

• NY Cavalry
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
There needs to be more time. They will get filled up.

With the holidays and traveling guys are away.

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #9

Please add General Cleburne and myself to the tourney list

Billy & Cleb

Thank you

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #10

BillyYank1863 wrote:
Please add General Cleburne and myself to the tourney list

Billy & Cleb

Thank you

Cool. I think I'll go ahead and set a date for a 4 team mini-tournament. I think the chances that we'll get 8 more players to fill the bracket are slim... I'll go ahead and set it for next Friday just in case we get a bunch more sign ups.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #11

• NY Cavalry
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
I think there are 5 teams signed up on this thread.

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #12

NY Cavalry wrote:
I think there are 5 teams signed up on this thread.

Ah, I somehow I missed the first response. Ok, I'll have to think about how to do this. Hopefully I can work out a way to have an uneven number of teams because I doubt we'll be able to get 3 more teams.. Well, maybe we can ask some NSD members.. I may be willing to participate.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #13

You may also want to open this thread (or another) for players who are willing to play but don't have a team. I know Neal was wanting to play, but hadn't been able to find a teammate.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #14

SouthernSteel wrote:
You may also want to open this thread (or another) for players who are willing to play but don't have a team. I know Neal was wanting to play, but hadn't been able to find a teammate.

Indeed. Neal - I can be your teammate.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #15

• KG_Soldier
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
I don't know, Little Powell. Are you sure you can handle the Father General's pre-battle sermons?

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #16

• norb
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Dev
  • There is a time for everything
KG_Soldier wrote:
I don't know, Little Powell. Are you sure you can handle the Father General's pre-battle sermons?

Civil War Generals are supposed to have a lot of personality, seems to me a good pre-battle sermon would put you right in the mood.
NSD Programmer/Producer
"Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamaliel 40 A.D.

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #17

I will need a pre-battle sermon so I won't have as much remorse for all of the carnage I will cause...
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #18

If that does indeed put us to 6 teams, we may have to revise the bracket a bit to accomodate...not sure how it will work exactly though. The rest of you lot need to step up and volunteer
Jefferson Davis, 1861

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #19

• Neal
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Little Powell, I'd enjoy the treat of whipping Yankees with you.

When's our first game?

N

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #20

Neal wrote:
Little Powell, I'd enjoy the treat of whipping Yankees with you.

When's our first game?

N

More than likely next Friday. I'm hoping we can get some more sign-ups to make the bracket even.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #21

We just need 4 more players (2 more teams) and the bracket will be set. If we can get 4 more in the next day or so, we'll have the game this Friday. If you don't know who to team up with, just post that you are interested and we'll match you up with someone.

C'mon players, I know you are out there..

Also, NSD team members are more than welcome to join.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #22

Also I'm going to see about taking a video of the game. My wife the video artist extraordinaire is going to be an observer and she will be recording the game with fraps.

So lets get some more sign ups people!
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #23

You could try I suppose, but fraps can take a major performance hit while recording, and Im not so sure this game can handle much more of a hit, especially in multiplayer.

I guess it depends on how fast your hard drive and ram is.

I've been messing around to record some footage for a video and im getting 10 fps while recording, when i generally get 20 fps normal play. And I have a quad core lol.

If you can manage without the performance hit, that would definately be cool.

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #24

BillyYank1863 wrote:
You could try I suppose, but fraps can take a major performance hit while recording, and Im not so sure this game can handle much more of a hit, especially in multiplayer.

I guess it depends on how fast your hard drive and ram is.

I've been messing around to record some footage for a video and im getting 10 fps while recording, when i generally get 20 fps normal play. And I have a quad core lol.

If you can manage without the performance hit, that would definately be cool.

Yeah I'm gonna do some testing with it beforehand. I've got two pretty fast rigs and I'll see what I can do. It's worth a try.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Re: Tournament 2 - Week 1 Information and Sign-ups 6 years, 11 months ago #25

So next Friday isn't going to work obviously, and the next is New Years Eve.

Might as well set this game for after the Holidays.

I'm going to set a tentative date of Friday January 7th. That should give us plenty of time to get some more sign ups.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

• Page:
Moderators: Shirkon, Chamberlain, Flanyboy
Time to create page: 0.92 seconds