Username Password: Remember me

Expanded Toolbar - Grog
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 8 months, 3 weeks ago #121

• Chichetr
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Do we need to have the previous patches/versions of this tool bar or can we download this version directly without anything prior?

As you can tell, I'm extremely computer illiterate.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 8 months, 3 weeks ago #122

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
This toolbar is an upgrade and replaces all previous, similarly named, Grog Toolbars.
Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 8 months, 3 weeks ago #123

• Chichetr
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
I just downloaded the mod and added it to the mods folder. When I boot the game I can see the grog and blood mods, I click on "use mods" and both boxes appear to be checked.

For some reason I have tried several different game types and they don't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 8 months, 3 weeks ago #124

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Chichetr wrote:
I just downloaded the mod and added it to the mods folder. When I boot the game I can see the grog and blood mods, I click on "use mods" and both boxes appear to be checked.

For some reason I have tried several different game types and they don't seem to be working. Any ideas?

When the box is checked and 'Use Selected Mods' is selected (hour glass will appear for a few seconds for first time selections or changes in selections), the checked mods will work in Sandbox and User Scenarios, unless cancelled out by another mod in a lower priority position.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 8 months, 3 weeks ago #125

• Chichetr
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
When the box is checked and 'Use Selected Mods' is selected (hour glass will appear for a few seconds for first time selections or changes in selections), the checked mods will work in Sandbox and User Scenarios, unless cancelled out by another mod in a lower priority position.

Ok, so I just followed the instructions to the T and nothing.

In the mods folder there appears to be an "extended grog" mod (that I didn't add but came with the game). Since you mention that another mod may cancel other mods of lower priority should I delete that "extended grog toolbar" mod? Also, are there any patches that I'm missing? I just downloaded your most recent grog mod download without any patches.

Cheers,
Chick

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 8 months, 3 weeks ago #126

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Something doesn't add up. If you see that old Grog toolbar in Modifications, then you don't have the most recent patch, 1.01, released recently by Matrix Games. However, if you see the hour glass I referred to when selecting mods, then you do. Regardless, make sure you have the 1.01 patch, delete any other toolbar mods, and hopefully you'll get things right and enjoy the mods as designed.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 7 months, 2 weeks ago #127

• Clerc
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Hello,
Is the mod works in french and italian ?

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 7 months, 2 weeks ago #128

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Clerc wrote:
Hello,
Is the mod works in french and italian ?

Presently it's only available in English.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog - problems after loading the Ligny expansion 6 months, 1 week ago #129

• Pop1
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
I have just installed Ligny and the Grog toolbar V5.1 has developed some 'issues'; it had been working fine with Waterloo and QB only.

When trying to change Bde formation some options selected caused the game to crash. After some test I find the following occurs - note this was done with no other mods selected other then Grog V5.1; context menu disabled or enabled did not make a difference):

All columns ok
road column cashed
Square ok
Double line - units formed up in Col of Div at half intervals
Line with Reserves - ditto
Line hold - crash
Double line hold - crash

When changing the formation of an individual unit:

Columns ok
Square ok
Line & Line engage (white and red) both resulted in line engage (red)
Line hold (green) - game crashed.

I then tried the same with in Sandbox with the same formations - all functions worked correctly for both formation and unit, so it is only an issue with scenarios. I have tried waterloo, QB and Ligny scenarios, they all exhibit the same problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 6 months, 1 week ago #130

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
From the first post:
Attention: All SP scenarios played with this mod must be selected through the 'User Scenarios' screen, otherwise they will CTD.

Pop1, if this is not the issue please explain further. Regardless, thanks for the report.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 6 months, 1 week ago #131

• Pop1
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Reb,

well that did the trick, thank you. I had missed that vital piece of info from the earlier posts and readme files - my problem for not paying enough attention and just getting stuck in.

Thanks

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #132

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Update 5.2, terrain improvements and new Zoom views:

Zoom2X
Zoom2x.jpg

Zoom4X Note: The frosty outlines only appear in the screenshots, not in-game
Zoom4x.jpg

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #133

• Pop1
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Reb,

I love the telescope view - great work.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #134

• con20or
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Lead
RebBugler wrote:
Update 5.2, terrain improvements and new Zoom views:

Zoom2X
Zoom2x.jpg

Zoom4X Note: The frosty outlines only appear in the screenshots, not in-game
Zoom4x.jpg

Excellent - a few of us tried over the years to get the binocular/telescope views to work in GB but couldn't find a satisfactory way of switching between the views.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #135

• Jace11
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
is there a way to activate it (the new telescope view) with just a key press aswell? I tried Z loadbar:zoom and Z loadlayout:zoom in the keyboard.csv, but it didn't work...

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #136

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Jace11 wrote:
is there a way to activate it (the new telescope view) with just a key press aswell? I tried Z loadbar:zoom and Z loadlayout:zoom in the keyboard.csv, but it didn't work...

If that didn't work then I doubt that there's a way.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #137

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Some quick fixes with the telescope view...

- Texture change to a brass appearance
- Pan message changed to tooltip, the tooltip displaying only in the pan area
- Fixed a togglehud bug

ZoomBrass.jpg

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #138

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
Reb - What's New!

Hey, before My Computer went out I was working on something like the picture below, I thought that it was better than just a circle like symbol on the screen.

I never did get a finished copy but it should give you more ideas to work with if you were interested.
1_2016-11-16.jpg

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #139

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Hey D

Yeah, I tried the binocular view also, with GB, still have the template. Of course, those efforts were a bust.

If you're suggesting binoculars here, I'm thinking they weren't invented yet, but I could be wrong. I just can't picture Napoleon or Wellington using binoculars.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #140

• Davinci
  • ( User )
  • Corps Commander
RebBugler wrote:
If you're suggesting binoculars here, I'm thinking they weren't invented yet, but I could be wrong. I just can't picture Napoleon or Wellington using binoculars.

You are probably correct, I have never been into the Napoleon Tactics, I do hate Melee battles.

But, I was thinking that you could probably do something similar with a telescope image and a black background to cover the rest of the screen.

I got the idea from a screen from the Sid Meier's game a long time ago, there was a screen with a glove and a cigar, I just can't remember what else the screen did!

Just a Thought!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #141

• con20or
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD QA Lead
here's a thought that someone more talented than i could maybe explore - I wonder could the new type of 'slider menu' released inthe last patch be converted into a large telescope view like Randys? So you would just pull your mouse over to the bottom corner and slide the telescope view out and in again?

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #142

• xray
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
There is some conflicting evidence when binoculars were first invented and by whom. Evidence points to a certain J.P. Lemiere, a Frenchman born in Paris who made the first pair in 1825

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months, 1 week ago #143

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
FWIW my view is that a black surround would be best and a blurred edge rather than a hard circle if that can be done.

The circular view should also be almost all the screen with just a bit of black in the corners as that is the view a telescope gives.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months ago #144

• WAGNER JR
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Hi,
congratulations for your work, I'm playing SWGB and SWWL and and appreciate a lot your mod.
I've got a question with the version 5.2 of the Expanded Toolbar - Grog:
I cannot find at battaillon level the button for charging, it was very usefull to attack artillery.

1. Is it somewhere else and I can't find it ?
2. Is it normal, and in that case why ?

Thank you

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months ago #145

• Pop1
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Reb (and others) just a warning that when when using the telescope the end of scenario screen came up and the game froze because I was unable to click on anything. The end of scenario screen obviously takes precedence but as you cannot click through the telescope it could not be closed and because of this precedence it was not possible to click the close telescope button. Only way to get out was CTRL+ALT+DEL and call up the task manager to log off (I could not even close the application).

The chances of this happening are slight (just keep an eye on the scenario clock) but I wanted to let you know.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months ago #146

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
WAGNER JR wrote:
Hi,
congratulations for your work, I'm playing SWGB and SWWL and and appreciate a lot your mod.
I've got a question with the version 5.2 of the Expanded Toolbar - Grog:
I cannot find at battaillon level the button for charging, it was very usefull to attack artillery.

1. Is it somewhere else and I can't find it ?
2. Is it normal, and in that case why ?

Thank you

Welcome, glad you're enjoying the game.

The charge button, along with withdraw and advance, only appears when the battalion is engaged. This is because they only function then, providing more immediate visual info as to a unit's engagement status.

Where ever possible the Grog Toolbar hides and shows buttons according to unit status.

Hopefully I cleared this up, but if you're not seeing the charge button when the unit is indeed engaged, please report again, and also post a screenshot. Thanks for the report.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months ago #147

• RebBugler
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD Designer
Pop1 wrote:
Reb (and others) just a warning that when when using the telescope the end of scenario screen came up and the game froze because I was unable to click on anything. The end of scenario screen obviously takes precedence but as you cannot click through the telescope it could not be closed and because of this precedence it was not possible to click the close telescope button. Only way to get out was CTRL+ALT+DEL and call up the task manager to log off (I could not even close the application).

The chances of this happening are slight (just keep an eye on the scenario clock) but I wanted to let you know.

Thank you sir, this needs attention. I'll look into a fix.

In the meantime, folks, take Pop's advice and don't be zoomed when the game ends.

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months ago #148

• WAGNER JR
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Ok,

thank you for your answer, I will try tonight and let you know tomorow.

PS:"glad you're enjoying the game" Seriously I'm 42 years old, I discovered wargame on board in the 80's the 1st was "Napoléon à Austerlitz" and if I take pleasure to still playing today that's because of such a game.
Thank you 1000 times for your work on mods on all the SOW serie.
Regards

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months ago #149

• WAGNER JR
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Well I've tried last night and I haven't the charge or the withdraw button ( or advance ) on the toolbar when I select a battallion engaged ( even at 100 yards from ennemi, with no fatigue and best moral possible). I've just on the " red bugler button" different stance of attack march, run ....etc. But no charge button....
Those buttons only appears at brigade commander level, at there usual place and there ok, but I don't need to charge with all the brigade..... I cannot post a screenshot but you can believe me as I play games of the serie since the beginning.
Thank you
Regards

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog 5 months ago #150

• mkeogh76
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Is that new "telescopic" view optional? If not then would there be a way to delete it so as to keep the regular zoom views?

As a HITS player who uses the zoom views a lot, I know I'd find that fake telescope view more annoying than immersive. No offense meant because it's strictly a matter of personal taste.

Overall, I find this mod to be indispensable. The changes NorbSoft made to the vanilla UI with Waterloo were almost game-breaking in my viewpoint as a HITS player. If it wasn't for the Expanded Toolbar then I probably would have shelved Waterloo. The Expanded Toolbar saved these games for me.

Right now, I can keep on using the older version of this mod, but if the older version becomes obsolete due to a patch then I hope newer versions of the Expanded Toolbar make the new telescopic view optional or something that could be easily removed without breaking the mod.
Time to create page: 1.18 seconds