Swiss infantry 9 20.9%
Dutch-Belgian Jaegers 1 2.3%
Mamluks 2 4.7%
Gendarmes d'Elite Guard 2 4.7%
Brunswick Uhlans 1 2.3%
Prussian Landwehr Cavalry 6 14%
August Neidhardt von Gneisenau No votes 0%
Duke of Brunswick 1 2.3%
Total number of voters:43 ( Jim tim RDBoles Gunfreak RebBugler kg_sspoom alessillo sweeteye goodwood Grog Lancier Petrus58 Marching Thru Georgia Pom redcoat benpark con20or voltigeur gunship24 Squid_UK Bloody Bill Martin James Leffe7 NickN Saddletank ferragus Victoriacross tinyb stephen Xreos1 xray taffthomas Trappeur Deeter Niftyeye Rommel76 HoldTheLine Holdit Iriasthor JamesLL roy64 Volunteer More Alive )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Sprite Mod - Chasseurs a Cheval Garde

New Sprite Mod - Chasseurs a Cheval Garde 2 years, 1 month ago #1

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
Which ever one gets the most votes I will produce a sprite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grog, 1st Texas Sharpshooters, Saddletank, Trappeur, Volunteer

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #2

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
I'm closing the vote tomorrow (Tuesday 7th July) so last chance to vote if you haven't already.

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #3

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Many thanks again for doing this Tim.

Although we are some way behind in the polls, there is still a chance for us noble Prussian landwehr cavalry supporters to defeat those Guard chasseur rascals

In the hope of persuading any (like me) with a pennant fetish, I would just point out that all 25 squadrons were lancers!

Martin (J)

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #4

Shut up Martin, we already have those in KS. We need better guard chasseurs.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #5

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
What are you doing wasting time on here? You're supposed to be solving my scenario issue

Martin (J)

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #6

• Gunfreak
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
My epic, honroble magastic landwehr cav, charged and broke the Old guard(in the placemoint senario)

Cut down like a 150 of them!

They deserve their own sprites!

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #7

• Martin James
  • ( User )
  • Brigade Commander
Bravo sir! Bravo.

Of course we also have to overhaul the pesky Swiss infantry and the reprehensible Empress Dragoons. I'll get to work on gerrymandering the voting district boundries.

Vorwärts meine kinder .

Martin (J)

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #8

• Rommel76
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Hi Tim, can you change the uniform color of the ADC's?, the true historic color wasn't dark green, it was sky-blue.

I found on a decree of 1809.

Thanks anyway!

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #9

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Martin James wrote:
Bravo sir! Bravo.

Of course we also have to overhaul the pesky Swiss infantry and the reprehensible Empress Dragoons. I'll get to work on gerrymandering the voting district boundries.

Vorwärts meine kinder .

Martin (J)
Fallen to the dark side have I[/yoda]

Changed my vote. 25 sqns vs 4 = not much contest.

I think we need a few rotten boroughs here to swing the vote.

HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunfreak, Martin James

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #10

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
So this is a cunning plot hatched by Mr Fox the professor of cunning at Cunning university, Baldrick, to get me to make sprites for the KS mod...
Well Chasseur a Cheval of the Guard have won so except to see some green jacketed, red pellissed, compact wearing dandies soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: voltigeur, Volunteer

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #11

So this is a cunning plot hatched by Mr Fox the professor of cunning at Cunning university, Baldrick, to get me to make sprites for the KS mod...

Oh my, we've been outed. Errr..you wouldn't mind creating a Polish infantry sprite or two, would you? We'd be happy to stuff a ballot box if necessary...

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #12

• Gunfreak
  • ( User )
  • Regimental Commander
What program is used to make sprites?

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #13

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
I use 3Ds Max (an old version - 8) for the modelling and animation and photoshop to texture the models. I then render the sprites from Max and use Gimp to resize and convert them and photoshop to sharpen and finally texture packer to pack them.

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #14

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
Available for download here:-
Chasseurs a Cheval Garde
Download and unzip to Mods folder in the game files. Then activate via modifications screen and they appear in the Old Guard Cavalry

GuardCaC.gif

CaC_Garde.jpg

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #15

• Pom
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
I voted for the Landwehr, but these look great, thanks.

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #16

Excellent. Thanks, Tim. Now about that Polish infantry...

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #17

• Rommel76
  • ( User )
  • Cannon Fodder
Greaatt!!

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #18

• mdwn15
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
Dutch-Belgian Jaegers
Prussian Landwehr Cavalry
August Neidhardt von Gneisenau
Duke of Brunswick
Choose man or General we are all soldiers and will make our duty
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holdit

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #19

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
Polish Infantry
Swiss Infantry
Empress Dragoons
A full set of Brunswick sprites...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Holdit

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #20

• mdwn15
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
A full set of Brunswick sprites... don t forget jager infant Leib infant and Ulhans and Hussars... thank you Saddletank

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #21

• sifis172
  • ( User )
  • Grunt
beautifull! thanks Tim.

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #22

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
Saddletank wrote:
Polish Infantry
Swiss Infantry
Empress Dragoons
A full set of Brunswick sprites...

I can't promise anything at the moment. But helpful if you can provide reference.

Do the Chasseurs pass inspection?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mdwn15

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #23

The chasseurs are very nice. I'd like to substitute the ones we use in the KS mod with yours. With your permission, of course.

Here are a couple of pictures of Polish infantry.

The fusiliers from the 1st drawing and the Vistula grenadiers from the 2nd would be most appreciated.

Frankly I think the Prussians would look better if you'd use these:
https://vonpeterhimself.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/pinup-girls-prussians.jpg?w=584
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saddletank

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #24

• mdwn15
  • ( User )
  • Grunt

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #25

• Saddletank
  • ( User )
  • Division Commander
tim wrote:
Do the Chasseurs pass inspection?
They're fantastic. I'm pleased you had them wear the overalls rather than the buff coloured breeches. Look so much better.

Agree with MTG, the Polish czapka shako is quite distinctive. Nothing else like it anywhere.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czapka

Some Swiss uniforms here (but beware the Valaison and Neuchatel battalions which were not part of the 1st to 4th Swiss regiments).

www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=m5tvo5fso8obgcjr17dqbqbfo2&topic=18461.msg808012#msg808012

1er Bat. 2eme Regt Etranger (Suisse) in 1815:

centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/detail_batFR.php?rubrique=U&unite=176

All 4 Swiss Line Regts (not all saw service in 1815):

thenapoleonicwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/3eme-regiment-dinfanterie-de-ligne.html

Basically a French uniform with French company distinctions and colours but jacket was red with:

1st Regt: mustard yellow facings
2nd Regt: Dark blue facings
3rd Regt: Black facings
4th Regt: Mid-blue facings

Brunswick Contingent:

centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/organigrammeBRctgbrun.php?#BI

Regt. Dragons de l'Emperatrice:

centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/detail_uniteFR.php?rubrique=U&unite=128

The Swiss and Brunswick infantry could be done using the sprite layers system as the facing differences while distinctive are simple.

Whatever eventually gets done will be very gratefully received by all the games fans, I'm sure.

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #26

• gunship24
  • ( Moderator )
  • NSD QA Team
Nice one Tim!

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #27

Classy work, Tim! Diggin the gif, too. Tyvm.

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years, 1 month ago #28

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
Marching Thru Georgia wrote:
The chasseurs are very nice. I'd like to substitute the ones we use in the KS mod with yours. With your permission, of course.

Anyone can use any of my sprites in any mod or alter them as they wish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saddletank

Re: Vote for the new sprite you would like to see added as a mod 2 years ago #29

• tim
  • ( Admin )
  • NSD Artist
I'm up dated the mod so the double OOB's don't happened. Delete the original mod folder first then replace with new version - same download link. Also added two more OOBs (AM and PM) - the Chasseurs are in all OOBs ending CaC.

Re: New Sprite Mod - Chasseurs a Cheval Garde 1 year, 6 months ago #30

I loaded the mod files into the mod folder and restarted the game like we are supposed to, but, the mod doesn't take effect. I've checked the box activating the mod, alos.

It's puzzling because I've loaded other mods successfully.

Here's what subfolders are in the mod file:

Chasseurs a Cheval Guard
- subfolder Graphics subfolder Packed
- subfolder Logistics
- subfolder OOBs

I'm puzzled. This uniform mod should be activated but isn't.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.34 seconds