TC2M SOW Infantry Mod - A 4K Texture Packed Bloodfest

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

TC2M SOW Infantry Mod - A 4K Texture Packed Bloodfest

Post by RebBugler »

Version 2.0 Update, April 2nd, 2020
- Addresses issues with the unitpack.csv file that shows the 'firing sprites' during their 'withdraw' and 'advance' engagement sequences.

Unzip and copy to the Mods folder (Unzips with 7zip, free download...)
TC2M SOW Infantry Mod
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All 12 TC2M infantry sprites are included with this mod and are 4K texture packed along with all SOW infantry sprites, the result being little to no performance loss despite the addition of twelve new uniforms.

Five Union along with seven Confederate infantry sprites are included, examples can be seen in the sandbox 'OOB_SB_TC2M_Inf_Examples' -- CSA side, Hays brigade, all seven regiments display each sprite...USA side, Meredith's brigade displays the five Union additions.

The Unitglobal.csvfile includes listings for all the infantry uniforms so when enabled any scenario or sandbox played will include all infantry sprites organized according to the OOBs. The Unitglobal file also includes descriptions of the uniforms and instructions on how to mix and match your own preferences.

Death sprites have been enhanced for all units but not as pronounced as the mod BloodBath, hence, a mere Bloodfest. BloodBath (version V) has been upgraded and will show all it's morbid glory when prioritized below this mod in the Modifications screen.

Please delete the test version:
TC2M Sprite Additions
It WILL cause issues with this and other mods

This mod is compatible with 'True Ground SR1' battles when activating the included 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' mod.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re: TC2M SOW Infantry Mod - A 4K Texture Packed Bloodfest

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Reb,

Excellent job !!!! :cheer:

Uniforms look really good !! :cheer:

The carnage looks awesome, blood all over the battlefield !! !!

Good FPS !!!

;)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Mrscotland
Reactions:

Post by Mrscotland »

Everytime i download it, it never shows how long it wil be finished just a full green with saying "Unknown time duration" and when i open it, "archive not found"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

That's through the NSD server so the DL should be stable. Anyone else having trouble downloading this mod?
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Reb,

Re-downloaded to test out and it downloaded fine.

Mrscotland,

Can you 'save' the file to your desktop ?
It works fine as I use WINRAR and it does show the file downloading and when it is done, it says "Download has completed".

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Mr Scotland...it may be that you need to wait a bit longer. I use Firefox and when downloading from NSD it never shows a progress bar as such. Just shows it is still in downloading mode. I just leave it until I'm certain the rar is all downloaded.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Crikey on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrscotland
Reactions:

Post by Mrscotland »

NVM,SOlved..Love it! GOod job Reb!! Please make moore if you enjoy it!,Thought really wish you made some scenario for it, but Outstanding job!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

NVM,SOlved..Love it! GOod job Reb!! Please make moore if you enjoy it!,Thought really wish you made some scenario for it, but Outstanding job!
Much Appreciated!

Presently I'm on an 'improved performance' quest with 8K packed modules, cavalry, artillery, etc., to be released in the coming months, so, no time for scenario design. Besides, there are plenty of scenario mods available already to try out this mod's new look. Check out the scenarios in B&F for example, with this mod enabled, the infantry will already be set up with the new TC2M SOW look.
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

hey reb...I believe you already posted that you don't have/use Win 8, but after quite a bit of testing on my own (and feedback from other Win 8 users) B&F seems to be the main MOD that doesn't work with Win 8...which is a shame, because it's my favorite of all of them...any way to make future MODS Win 8 friendly?
Last edited by JohnVW on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

hey reb...I believe you already posted that you don't have/use Win 8, but after quite a bit of testing on my own (and feedback from other Win 8 users) B&F seems to be the main MOD that doesn't work with Win 8...which is a shame, because it's my favorite of all of them...any way to make future MODS Win 8 friendly?
I hope you are referring to MP play and not SP, I have heard of NO issues between B&F and Win8 with SP play.

I have no plans to buy a Win8 machine or OS to try and make things compatible. The Win8 OS was built for tablets, lets hope that Win9 will be more robust for PC rigs like Win7. Hopefully then folks will be given an inexpensive upgrade option from Win8 to 9. IOW, Begone Win8!