Flags?

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
tim
Reactions:

Re:Flags?

Post by tim »

Brigade flags are in for the Union. I'm an Englishman who's knowledge of the Civil War is limited but I can now name every unit and their associated flag in the Union Army! It is a bit strange that the Rebels didn't have a similar system but I'm grateful as I don't think my machine could render that many flags... :blink:
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

My PC is beginning to smoke and belch a bit around the edges.......
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Looks like I'm playing with almost no options running! :laugh:
Hancock the Superb
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

You should be Ok Hancock - the flags take up very little memory in fact. I think Derek is refering to the amount of rendering and compiling etc that we have to do to get the graphics ready to go in game. Often I've left my pc at home and at work on over night rendering out hundreds of frames of animations!
Last edited by tim on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Here is an article regarding the "rediscovery" of a South Caroline flag that some might find interesting: http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009 ... itadelflag

Also, here is a "beginning site" for anyone interested in the flag regulations. The author quotes the regs as 6' x 6'6" for both the U. S. national and state colors. Of course, what the regs say and what actually existed are often times at variance with each other.

On the other hand, as evidenced by the many Southern state colors, there are many that are more rectangular in shape. For example, check out the state flags on pages 241, 250, and 251 of the Time/Life series, [uArms and Equipment of the Confederacy: Echoes of Glory][/u].

Of all the U.S. flags, my favorite is the Great Star flag. http://www.jeffbridgman.com/inventory/i ... 6&page=out

For the South, the orange bordered 2nd bunting issue of the battle flag flying alongside the VA state flag! :woohoo: Now, how do you supposed this unreconstructed Rebel snuck into this message?
Last edited by Kerflumoxed on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Well, that is good news!
Hancock the Superb