Future Demo

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Chonaman
Reactions:

Re:Future Demo

Post by Chonaman »

norb wrote:
I would like to see a replay feature as well, and one will be added to the engine. The question is when?

Right now we are trying to get the absolutely necessary features in the game, then I have to work on performance. It's all a balancing act that never ends.
That's great news! I think replays are less important in a game like this that they might be in an RTS game, so it isn't a \"must have\" but rather, a \"Wow, I'd love to see that\".

I did some playtesting for Stainless Steel Studios for a couple of their games, and I definitely understand that at some point, you need to ship the product rather than adding new elements to it. Once it ships, you can build add-ons or patches depending on how major the changes need to be.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

norb wrote:
There has to be some limit. There has to be a time when we just say it's done. If it goes on too long, it will get out of hand. More features can be added in expansions or patches. The hardest thing is getting the word out. I am considering releasing a beta demo just to test the MP at some point. We'll just have to play it by ear.
:woohoo: A MP beta demo!!!! That would be great, where can I sign up!!!
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

If it happens, it will be announced here first.
Chonaman
Reactions:

Post by Chonaman »

I see the latest news on p. 1 - the demo "is the game" - which is actually a smart idea!
Last edited by Chonaman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.