Saving Game Options

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Saving Game Options

Post by Colonel Dreux »

I haven't been able to save any changes to game options, like "best" graphics and window size, etc... How do you do this? Thanks.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Saving Game Options

Post by Little Powell »

Colonel Dreux wrote:
I haven't been able to save any changes to game options, like "best" graphics and window size, etc... How do you do this? Thanks.
After you make your changes, hit the check mark at the bottom and it will apply the changes.
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

Does it save them permanently though or do you have to keep going back and changing them. I check on apply or apply and go to next page, but when you go back, they return to default each time.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Where did you install the demo? Somewhere in the Program Files folder?

You should try running the game as admin.
Last edited by ADukes on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Colonel Dreux wrote:
Does it save them permanently though or do you have to keep going back and changing them. I check on apply or apply and go to next page, but when you go back, they return to default each time.
It should save them permanently. So for example, you decrease the Percent of Trees Showing, hit the "I" button (Apply Options & Go to page 1), then click the "II" button, and the trees are back to the default?

Yeah that was my next thought. You might not be an admin of your machine.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

Yes, if I go back to page I. I haven't changed the trees, but uniforms and window size. I've not ever seen the window size change. I think I get in game options changes changed though, like dead bodies, etc...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Colonel Dreux wrote:
Yes, if I go back to page I. I haven't changed the trees, but uniforms and window size. I've not ever seen the window size change. I think I get in game options changes changed though, like dead bodies, etc...
So if you change the trees to lets say, 70%, when you go back to the options screen, are they are back at 100%? It must be you are not an administrator. What OS are you running?
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

Yes, that's what happens. Windows 7.
Last edited by Colonel Dreux on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Dreux
Reactions:

Post by Colonel Dreux »

Little Powell,

Gave myself administrator rights. I'm all good now. Everything works. Games is awesome. So many Yankees are going to die now. Yay!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Colonel Dreux wrote:
Little Powell,

Gave myself administrator rights. I'm all good now. Everything works. Games is awesome. So many Yankees are going to die now. Yay!
Cool! Now get those blue bellies. :laugh: