portforward

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
remus
Reactions:

portforward

Post by remus »

Hi to the NSD team.

Wonderful job. Big TC2M fan playing for a few years now. Have had one try at MP and loved it. The potential is explosive. Wish you norb and your team all the very best.
I understand that I can play MP if I am not hosting and that it is necessary to manually map forward to host. I have followed the instructions as per the text in the game and have a post forward application that i downloaded from the site as recommend in the read me. This tells me that my port is open, yet I have been unable to host a game. This has been when i try to play a solo against the computer. I have also turned off my firewall but still no joy. Can your team offer any advice as to what I might be doing wrong. The error is that I have to map manually when I try to launch
Remus
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:portforward

Post by Little Powell »

Jim
Reactions:

Re:portforward

Post by Jim »

Remus,
First, confirm that you have the correct port number (31791) and that you have set the port as type 'UDP'. If both of these are correct, then I would suggest that you go through the manual configuration directions. These are on the same website, linked farther down the page by router type. Because of the dozens of types and models of routers, no perfect solution is available. Let us know if this helps.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863