Multiplayer Observations

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
larrytagg
Reactions:

Re:Multiplayer Observations

Post by larrytagg »

I'm with you, ETF. The speed was a delicate design decision--some wanted it faster; some, like me, wanted a slower option. The game runs at twice realtime speed. I, like you, would like a realtime speed, which would, indeed, be .5 of what is normal speed now. We'll see if we can get it for the patch.

Larry
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Lumi wrote:
I had one random regiment suddenly after only a few seconds of a fire fight completely run out of ammunition, I didn't notess until I realised they kept running back to the supply train, I kept going OMG go back to the front!! *clicks* OMG Not again GO BACK TO THE FRONT *clicks again, then again later, then again even later, then realised their ammunition was zero and deserved a W** moment*
Maybe they all dropped their ammo boxes at the same time! :laugh:

No really, I've never seen that happen. It might have just been a one time anomaly, but please keep an eye on it and report back if it happens again.
larrytagg
Reactions:

Post by larrytagg »

Little Powell wrote:
Lumi wrote:
I had one random regiment suddenly after only a few seconds of a fire fight completely run out of ammunition, I didn't notess until I realised they kept running back to the supply train, I kept going OMG go back to the front!! *clicks* OMG Not again GO BACK TO THE FRONT *clicks again, then again later, then again even later, then realised their ammunition was zero and deserved a W** moment*
Maybe they all dropped their ammo boxes at the same time! :laugh:

No really, I've never seen that happen. It might have just been a one time anomaly, but please keep an eye on it and report back if it happens again.
solinvictus88
Reactions:

Post by solinvictus88 »

Gentlemen of the team!
I had my first MP battle with the full game - with 4 people all together...
I just wanted to let you know, that it was simply awesome...great fun...the game stopped after 40 min...we don't know why - either someone accidentally hit the pause button or it simply stopped...no big issue and totally unimportant to me...I really enjoyed it...so thanks to all of you for:
1) releasing the game more than on time! - which is not always easy...
2) for the game as such , for adding MP and for devoting yourself to making it the game it is right now!!

thanks again

SolInvictus
"you don't think a little fellow like me could have carried that flag!"
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

solinvictus88 wrote:
Gentlemen of the team!
I just wanted to let you know, that it was simply awesome...great fun...the game stopped after 40 min...we don't know why - either someone accidentally hit the pause button or it simply stopped...no big issue and totally unimportant to me...I really enjoyed it...so thanks to all of you for:
2) for the game as such , for adding MP and for devoting yourself to making it the game it is right now!!

thanks again

SolInvictus
Thanks for the kind words.

About the MP; if it just froze up with no crash or anything, it's possible the host had a internet connection problem. Did anyone get any kind of error message? You can see these errors in your SOWGB.log file located in the Work folder.

Also like Norb said, there is still a rare crash in there somewhere that he is working to fix.
solinvictus88
Reactions:

Post by solinvictus88 »

Little Powell wrote:
solinvictus88 wrote:
Gentlemen of the team!

thanks again

SolInvictus
Thanks for the kind words.

About the MP; if it just froze up with no crash or anything, it's possible the host had a internet connection problem. Did anyone get any kind of error message? You can see these errors in your SOWGB.log file located in the Work folder.

Also like Norb said, there is still a rare crash in there somewhere that he is working to fix.
thanks for the quick answer!

I was host in the game, and until then we had no connection problems...only very short laggs at the beginning, but they disappeared after a few minutes completely...

I don't know why this happened...we had still the chat option...which worked...so no entire game crash...but the game stopped...and there was nothing we could do about it...I, as host, was also unable to exit the battle, I had to quit the game - which led to a CTD on my PC...not with the others though as far as I know...

hope it helps

SolInvictus

PS: I didn't get an error message, and the other guys didn't mention one either, what's kinda odd is that the in-game chat worked while the game froze... :unsure: - not sure how those two are connected though
"you don't think a little fellow like me could have carried that flag!"