Disappearing Units?

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Crimguy
Reactions:

Re:Disappearing Units?

Post by Crimguy »

Hi norb. I had this happen in the demo. I forced a retreat of one of the reb regiments. Started flanking with one of mine. Called for reinforcements (why not!).

As the flanking regiment was advancing, the pinning regiment did the same. The rebs then just disappeared. The pinning regiment kept firing. Thinking it was a FOW "feature," I selected each regiment in turn, but the Rebs never reappeared.

Thx,
Matt
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Re:Disappearing Units?

Post by Grim.Reaper »

RebBugler wrote:
Think I found it. Played a Culp's Hill sandbox and yes indeed, had a unit appear and disappear. Did not change the default time, but think that map automatically reverts to PM, or dusk, with low visibility (note the late evening sky).

Will discuss this with the team, however, I conclude presently that this is really not a bug, just a low visibility situation caused by dusk, and should be labeled better as such, so players will know what to expect, and can better prepare by scouting ahead and finding those enemy ghosts before they are in their face. :woohoo:
I'm glad you saw it but I do think it should be changed somehow. Even if dusk if I have two units on side of a hill with perfect Los there is no way I'm going to completely loose sight of an approaching unit. I would hear them, see dust kicked up, etc regardless if a little dark.