Activation

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
CPHarrison
Reactions:

Activation

Post by CPHarrison »

Hi Norb,

Can't wait for the game to come out.

I will probably install on my main system in the house, but I was wondering. Since I travel some and would like to be able to play from my laptop when I am away, will I need to purchase a second activation to do this?

Also, if I have a catastrophic failure of my system or purchase and new system will I again need to purchase another activation?
Jim
Reactions:

Re:Activation

Post by Jim »

If you travel, you do are not required to purchase a second license (but we would like the $$ ;) ). What you can do is to install the game on both systems. Normally you would have the game on your home system activated. When you travel, you can deactivate your home system and activate with the same code on your laptop. Once you have activated the game once on a system, the game remembers the activation code and enters in automatically in the activation code popup. You will not be able to activate two systems at the same time with the same code. When you get home, you can deactivate the game on your laptop and reactivate the version your home system. You just need to have an active connection to the internet when you activate or deactivate.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
DNorton
Reactions:

Post by DNorton »

Hello,

In response to the activation/deactivation procedure I have another question:

Could a combination of multiple licenses be purchased for work/home? I would love to be able to purchase 2. I have spoken with others interested, one would like to get 3 another wants 5 for his family/friends to play on a home network! Do you think that it would be possible to arrange something like this?

Maybe buy one get one half off :P

I really appreciate everything you guys have done, I have been following since the days of Battle Bull Run, somehow I bought off the shelf at a Walmart!

D Norton
Last edited by DNorton on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Right now we do not offer such a program. We will consider for the future. We really appreciate that you want to purchase multiple licenses, but many people have paid for multiple now. When we meet again I will bring this up as a possibility. Thank you!