Dander up scenario problem

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
conjotter
Reactions:

Dander up scenario problem

Post by conjotter »

Hi folks.

In the first scenario some of the union cavalry regiments retreat without firing a shot, even when they are TC'd. This has happens every time I try to play it. It is so frustrating I turn off the game.

Why? It ruins the scenario.

This happens mostly on the union right. Again, even if the units and their brigade commander are TC'd they run when the rebels get in range.

Please fix this bug.

Thanks.
Shirkon
Reactions:

Re:Dander up scenario problem

Post by Shirkon »

conjotter wrote:
Hi folks.

In the first scenario some of the union cavalry regiments retreat without firing a shot, even when they are TC'd. This has happens every time I try to play it. It is so frustrating I turn off the game.

Why? It ruins the scenario.

This happens mostly on the union right. Again, even if the units and their brigade commander are TC'd they run when the rebels get in range.

Please fix this bug.

Thanks.
This has been discussed in other posts. I'll let you search for them, but I'll just say that this isn't a bug, it's designed into the scenario. The brigade you are talking about is Devin's and you should have gotten a courier messages stating he has seen enemy units to the north and is moving up that way. This is totally historical. Devin did in fact move his brigade to the north of Gettysburg to watch for Ewell's Corp, leaving Gamble's Brigade to hold up Heth's Division. With their repeaters Gamble's brigade is well able to do this IF you keep the supply wagon close and don't let them run out of ammo.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hi ... Thanks for the explanation. But if you TC a unit, shouldn't you be able to override the scenario script? Isn't that what TC is for?

Regards, CJ
Last edited by conjotter on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

You would have to TC Devin and all the units under him to stop them all from heading to where the script tells them to.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Even TC'ing them, they'll still want to retreat when engaged. It's best to just use them to slow down the enemy.. They aren't really good for much else. Lure the rebs in with Devin's brigade, then flank them with Gamble's tough regiments.
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Devin is scripted to retreat. TC will override
Devin's cavaly is not rated very high. They run easy
See my write-up thread on scenario 1
Mark S. Tewes