I have played HISTORICAL setting

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
bafonetto
Reactions:

I have played HISTORICAL setting

Post by bafonetto »

the historical setting is very cool.
i have played in ALL BEST SETTING with no FPS SLOW!!!
thanks Noorb! :laugh:
Last edited by bafonetto on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Re: I have played HISTORICAL setting

Post by norb »

Glad to hear you like it. Jim designed all the different options for the different settings. He had this big spreadsheet thing and it addressed a lot of the different options. I just want everyone to find a way they LIKE to play.
bafonetto
Reactions:

Post by bafonetto »

yes, i think that the 'historical setting' is true game GETTYSBURG!.
only in that mode the player 'see' the difference with TC2M.

ANTIETAM on this engine...and with historical setting...norb move.
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

I have difficulties at playing in this setting because the 0yds restriction on the camera doesn't allow me to select myself so I am on Custom setting with 20yds radius and I find it much better but I have no idea what changes between Historical and Custom actually.
larrytagg
Reactions:

Post by larrytagg »

GShock wrote:
I have difficulties at playing in this setting because the 0yds restriction on the camera doesn't allow me to select myself so I am on Custom setting with 20yds radius and I find it much better but I have no idea what changes between Historical and Custom actually.
Glad folks are enjoying the "Historical" setting. It's my favorite way to play. You can select yourself by clicking on the "Go To Me" button in the Central Island. The same when you select "Custom" and set "Max Camera Distance from You" to "10" (the lowest setting).
When you set the Difficulty to "Custom," it enables all the settings under "Custom Difficulty Settings," so you can tweak any of those.
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

I know for a fact Gettysburg played at Historical is totally a different game than it is with other settings but I think we need a set of fixes to finetune the possibilities of fully exploiting all the game features before this setting can really be enjoyed to the fullest, as noted in the "a bit of thinking" thread.

What is the difference between the difficulty levels? Can you explain what exactly is changing with each difficulty setting?
larrytagg
Reactions:

Post by larrytagg »

GShock wrote:
I know for a fact Gettysburg played at Historical is totally a different game than it is with other settings but I think we need a set of fixes to finetune the possibilities of fully exploiting all the game features before this setting can really be enjoyed to the fullest, as noted in the "a bit of thinking" thread.

What is the difference between the difficulty levels? Can you explain what exactly is changing with each difficulty setting?
The differences in the Difficulty settings are all shown in a chart in the "Options" section of the Manual. When in doubt, consult the Manual!