HistWar Les Grognards

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
pcelt
Reactions:

Re:HistWar Les Grognards

Post by pcelt »

No --not bust--there are many very impressive elements in what is a very ambitious and comprehensive portrayal. But there are still ,in my view, in the 3D portrayal of the battles a number of gliches or bugs in the graphical display of some aspects of the actual combat. And do bear in mind that there is a full screen 2D portrayal also displayed and it is here that much time is spent in planning and ordering corps or regiments and observing the unfolding of the battle in 2D.The 3D is a brilliant and colourful display of all the units in 3D action --but it is an additional and supplementary in-synch portrayal of the 2D unfolding battle .
It is here that I think some patching and improvement is still required---but the Sim -creator J.M.Mathe has already spent a decade or so on this and will support it to fruition I am sure--it seems a true labour of love on his part.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

pcelt wrote:
No --not bust--there are many very impressive elements in what is a very ambitious and comprehensive portrayal. But there are still ,in my view, in the 3D portrayal of the battles a number of gliches or bugs in the graphical display of some aspects of the actual combat. And do bear in mind that there is a full screen 2D portrayal also displayed and it is here that much time is spent in planning and ordering corps or regiments and observing the unfolding of the battle in 2D.The 3D is a brilliant and colourful display of all the units in 3D action --but it is an additional and supplementary in-synch portrayal of the 2D unfolding battle .
It is here that I think some patching and improvement is still required---but the Sim -creator J.M.Mathe has already spent a decade or so on this and will support it to fruition I am sure--it seems a true labour of love on his part.
No doubt I'll be interested in the game, I just hate bugs.
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Let's hope his test team is as good as ours here. Bugs are completely dependent on the test team finding ways to recreate them for the developer.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

norb wrote:
Let's hope his test team is as good as ours here. Bugs are completely dependent on the test team finding ways to recreate them for the developer.
Maybe you could subcontract with them as the; (who ya gonna call?) "BUG-BUSTERS!" :laugh:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
AP514
Reactions:

Post by AP514 »

Well, Hook (a Waterloo/ANV Modder)over on the Boards is helping him out. And the game has improved 200%..Still, Im going to wait a long while before jumping into that game. Maybe 3-4 patches down the road. (This is based on his first effort years ago. The game was left buggy and then he did not support it.) Took my money and ran........

AP514
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

Thanks for the compliment Norb!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I heard that Histwar is released!! Congrats JMM!
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

Yes it's out, and I'm having a great time making maps for the game, even released one to the public
Rustem35
Reactions:

Post by Rustem35 »

For Histwar pbem and MP gamers, two leagues currently running:

pbem league: http://nwg.freeforums.org/nwgl-battle-r ... m-f73.html
MP league: http://nwg.freeforums.org/nwgl-battle-r ... m-f64.html
Last edited by Rustem35 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Looks promising.

Graphics remind me of Medieval-Total War.