Early Impressions

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Early Impressions

Post by NY Cavalry »

I would like to make a couple comments about Gettysburg Scourge of War. First I’ll say you have done a great job. I own your other 2 games and this is the best. Maybe, it was better to toil on those to get this one where it is. I haven’t played online yet, but other players have commented well of it. If this game is to be successful then the online feature is a must. It’s fun to play just against the AI. The AI I think is much improved. Instead of bunching up it extends lines and looks to turn flanks. I think it is harder now to cause regiments to break when you have them on flank and in rear. Maybe I’m wrong. In TC2M they break quicker when under that stress. I have noticed regiments fall back quicker. I like it though, it is more realistic. They fall back and then move back into the fight. With TC2M when a unit fell back it was pretty much close to rout and done for. I like how regiments are able to move with out being exhausted constantly. In TC2M if you went across a fence you almost had to stop and rest. The corp and army fighting is much better.
Could I recommend a scenerio where you command Penders Division attacking to break the Union line on day 1 through Heths exhausted troops? Maybe, the cavalry fight on day 3? I think a must would be to add Blackford’s Sharpshooters to Rode’s Command and make them available day one. ( it is already heavily Rodes, but it would be nice to have a reb sharps in the order of battle)?
In TC2M the artillery is awesome. I think ir is largely the same with Scourge of War. I don’t mind the damage the artillery delivers up I’d just like a chance to get ‘em back meaning…….I have seen 6 guns (unsupported) rout half a brigade and damage the remaining regiments. Sometimes when I see the artillery line I just pull back. Especially massed artillery. In the Civil War unsupported artillery was in terrible trouble from infantry at 200 yards. I’m just wondering if you could make it easier to shoot down the gunners at 80 or 100 yards? Let them deliver their poison but take some too.
The sharpshooters are merciless. Range too long and effects too high. In multiplayer the side with these Sharps have a great advantage ( not sure , but I imagine it is, having not played multiplayer yet). If they stay off in the flanks you cannot charge them , like in the Barksdale scenerio.
Good job on the game.
norb
Reactions:

Re: Early Impressions

Post by norb »

Thank you, we appreciate your compliments and shall look into your suggestions.