OMG! You guys have got to fix this!...

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:OMG! You guys have got to fix this!...

Post by Little Powell »

Gfran64 wrote:
It would be really great if there was a "short retreat" or "double quick fallback" button
The "getaway" command should do what you want. It's a 100 yard retreat without morale or point penalties.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Post by Gfran64 »

Which key is that?

Greg
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

Since the subject has been brought up, one other thing that I've noticed during gameplay(SP), is that when I send a Div or a Corps across the open ground, or on the road, some of the regiments start running. When I click on them, sure enough, the "Double Quick" button is lit even though I didn't click on it. And this isn't isolated, it happens every game with a lot of regiments, before they reach their assigned destination. I don't mind the troops getting to a destination quickly, but it fatigues them greatly. I do TC my commanders at the start of a game, and I have the latest patch.

Does anyone else have this problem? I looked over the Topics to find if this is something that has been discussed already, but I could've missed it.

I understand what Amish John was saying, in that I almost feel bad mentioning it because I really, really love the game.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Gfran64 wrote:
Which key is that?

Greg
You will have to assign it in your keyboard.csv file located in Work. Just create a new line, and assign it to any key you like. You will see what I'm talking about once you open the file. There is a column for the name, the key, and the function. The function would be "getaway".
J Canuck
Reactions:

Post by J Canuck »

Gfran64 wrote:
It would be really great if there was a "short retreat" or "double quick fallback" button that moved a front line unit back enough to fit the fresh one in.
When I want to give a firefighting regiment a rest, I have occasionally used this work-around .
  1. - Battleline march a fresh regiment up close to its rear.
    - Click fallback on the exhausted firefighting regiment.
    - Click doublequick. It runs right through the fresh regiment's battleline.
    - Click halt where I want it to stop falling back.
I can't see why this wouldn't work in your situation; however, it's not as clean as a programmed key.
Last edited by J Canuck on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Ephrum wrote:
Since the subject has been brought up, one other thing that I've noticed during gameplay(SP), is that when I send a Div or a Corps across the open ground, or on the road, some of the regiments start running.
And I thought this only happened when units were ordered to move via courier orders. Using couriers, I usually, not always, have about half the regiments moving at the double quick. The other half march normally. Since it was only half the men marching quickly, I assumed that this was intended behavior to make up for the courier delay in relaying orders. I'll ask and see if that's the case or if it's a bug.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

This is a quick reply to Little Powells question -

LP, As I thought I had mentioned in my original post, there were no other units really near by. Gordons Brigade was standing in reserve. There was a battleline in front of his battalions, but were roughly 125-150 scale yards ahead. There was a battery behind the errant battalion, but that should not have affected forward movement. There was plenty of room to move the battalion forward, or I would not have ordered it. Gordons Brigade was not even under fire at the time.

I do feel the same as Amish John. It is hard to bring up stuff like this. The game is SO excellent in so many ways, it seems odd to bring up these niggling issues.

We all know the Norb Team is working on this and other problems. They will get it fixed when they can.

Sic Semper Fidelis

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Marching Thru Georgia wrote:
Ephrum wrote:
Since the subject has been brought up, one other thing that I've noticed during gameplay(SP), is that when I send a Div or a Corps across the open ground, or on the road, some of the regiments start running.
And I thought this only happened when units were ordered to move via courier orders. Using couriers, I usually, not always, have about half the regiments moving at the double quick. The other half march normally. Since it was only half the men marching quickly, I assumed that this was intended behavior to make up for the courier delay in relaying orders. I'll ask and see if that's the case or if it's a bug.
They will run if they are under artillery fire. Are they?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

ADukes wrote:
In my case the answer is no. I'll put it on mantis.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

ADukes wrote:
No, it happens before the enemy is in view.
OHIO UNIVERSITY