JustHost Webhosting

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
norb
Reactions:

JustHost Webhosting

Post by norb »

That's who hosts this site and they have very fast servers. We used to host this site on yahoo, but it was slow. Now we use JustHost and it's very fast.

Yesterday about 10am EST they took down the server that we run on. We do not have a dedicated box, but it's a shared server. Many people have been mentioning problems with the server lately, I guess it finally got to the no-go point. They ran a full file system check, then restored an old backup (about 4 days), then finally got it back online around 15+ hours later. I was very upset, sent lots of nasty emails, posted bad reviews around about it. They should have a backup server to run in these situations, obviously they do not.

So we lost lots of forum posts, also many bug reports as we host our bug database here as well. It really sucks! But it's one of those things that we'll just have to live with. We do not have a more recent backup ourselves so we just have to suck it up.

I apologize for anything lost, it hit the team hardest, but we're back up and hopefully in a better state than before.

Our activation server is NOT hosted here. That is run by another company and they DO have backup servers. This problem could never happen with our activations, so there is no need to worry about that. It effected any email accounts we had here, some mailing lists, and of course these forums.

I hope that it has not caused anyone too many issues. It's all sorted out now.