No longer having to look up your ip to play a MP game.

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

No longer having to look up your ip to play a MP game.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I know the SOW game MP server works great, but this is just what you may be looking for if you connect using the IP connect option.

You know the pain of having to drop to DOS to find out what your ip is than writing it down to give out to other players, there is a very simple solution.

Visit this site http://www.no-ip.com (choose the free option)

You will be able to setup an account (free), and create your own nickname that you can use that will always have your ip no matter how often it changes. The small software that they provide runs nicely in the background which keeps track of your ip, and updates their servers so anyone typing in your no-ip address, they will reach you. This also works great for those who's IP does not change.

For instance. I have an account that is registered as paranorbbs.no-ip.org (the name is for something else, I can always get another one), and instead of me having to drop to dos, and write the ip down, and give it out to all of you who wish to join in on a game, instead all you have to do is type in paranorbbs.no-ip.org, and you will connect to me no matter if my ip changes. This eliminates the need to know your, just give out your IP nickname. This works for people who's ip doesn't change as well.

For those who work through a router, here is a link at no-ip to read over.

http://www.no-ip.com/support/guides/oth ... outer.html

Hope this helps...you no longer have to look up your ip, and having to keep writing it down.

It's free, and I have been using this service for 2 months now.

Later!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.