Marketing Person

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
norb
Reactions:

Marketing Person

Post by norb »

The NSD Team has decided to keep our eyes out for a marketing person. They would work off of the same percentage scale as everyone else. So it's not a lot of cash. But you would be part of the team and really help us out. It would be this person's job to get our name out there.

1. manage all the ads
2. search for stores to carry the game
3. set up online stores (yahoo,amazon,ebay)
4. go with any other ideas the team has
5. reporting on ad success and costs

Basically get the game where ever you can.

You do not have to be a marketing person for this, but you do have to be outgoing and able to discuss business. You need to be personable. We have a bunch of business relationships with magazines, websites. You need a mind for business and to know something about negotiation to get us the best costs. For example, we looking for a printer, so you may have to search around.

Right now I'm wearing this hat and it is taking time away from development. I do not believe it is a huge amount of work for someone dedicated to it. Get the game everywhere you can and make sure we're running the right ads in the right places.

So if you know how to do this stuff and you have a head for it, let us know your qualifications. Shoot us a PM. It's a hobby job, unless you're so amazing that you sell a million copies for us :)
JMayer
Reactions:

Re:Marketing Person

Post by JMayer »

Sounds like a great job really. Would it done online then? Emails and the like?

I think this game will sell itself once we hit the proper needs of the Gamming Community.

JMayer
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Yes, NSD is a virtual company. We are all over the world. So this would be done at home using your own connection.
JMayer
Reactions:

Post by JMayer »

I would like to know how to start that possition I have the time for sure. Not saying you would hire me for it. Although I do love the game.
JMayer
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Email your qualifications/resume to sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com and we'll take a look. Thanks!