Battle 48

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Battle 48

Post by KG_Soldier »

Great 5 versus 5 battle tonight

The Rebels: Matt Adler, Kester, Kershaw, Robinson, SouthernSteel (Parker)

The Union: kg soldier, kg sspoom, Billy Yank 1863 (Barlow), Kerflumoxed (Baylor), fowler

Hunt them down, no objectives, 200 hits, 90 minutes

Battle Report: http://www.philipmcg.com/w3d/campaign/p ... &battle=48
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Re: Battle 48

Post by Kerflumoxed »

This was perhaps the best MP game I have had the privilige of participating in! Thanks to Mr. Snell for hosting and thanks to Mr. Garnier for his technical expertise!

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Wow, that was some serious action. Wish I'd been there. Appear some people really took the hits.. some regiments down to 250 men in their first action.

Will have to see about getting replacements for them..
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

And my compliments (and I'm sure Baylor's as well) for upping the artillery stats and ammo counts.

Something we were discussing last night after the game: since the mod auto-balances the sides, is there a way it could randomly select what units a given division deploys? I believe (and I could well be way off) that when a full division doesn't deploy, the mod takes the first 5, 6, or whatever regiments. Theoretically then, you could have the same few units fighting over and over while some (even up to one's whole 2nd Brigade) never fights or takes casualties.

There was also an issue where one player only had 2 regiments total - I think most everyone else had 5 or 6. I don't know if there's a way to balance the take from each player - and I don't mean any of this as criticism, of course, just observations to serve FYI.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

"There was also an issue where one player only had 2 regiments total"

Looking at the battle report, on the rebel side, Kershaw had 5 regiments, Kester 6, Matt 7, Parker 8, and Robinson 6.

On the Union side, the fewest was 6.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

The idea is that the second brigade is the reserve brigade, so it brings all the units in the first brigade first, and brings you up to strength with units from the second brigade if necessary.

As for a player having two regiments, this might happen if he is commanding someone else's second brigade only, but a player's whole division won't have only two regiments.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Ah, I was given to believe Kershaw only had 2 for some reason. Maybe I made it up. More drugs, please. :unsure:
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

"And my compliments (and I'm sure Baylor's as well) for upping the artillery stats and ammo counts."

Yeah I definitely had reservations if the games were previously only lasting 30 min, but now I shall give it a try.
Last edited by Baldwin on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

We'll be battling again this evening Mr. Baldwin, 7:30 or so EST.