Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

NSD Hosted Multiplayer Tournaments
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

Post by Little Powell »

First off, I enjoy this game a lot, while it may not be perfect, I realize the heart and soul that went into making it and thoroughly respect all the developers. In Powell's own words he said this first tournament was a beta. We should treat it as thus. I would like to appeal that if not in the finals, in the next tournament infantry use 250 yard rifles and cannons can limber instantly to eliminate the 'canister controversy'. There would also need to be an objective to avoid a Mexican standoff. We play this way in Garnier's campaign and it seems to cut the arguments to nearly zilch over 'gaminess'. Whether I win or lose in the finals, I will likely not join another tournament unless this rule is implemented. Even if I win, I will not be as satisfied with the result as opposed to a game where tactics play a larger role than canister. In fact, the only game I enjoyed thus far was in the first round, but that was because Neal and I had a gentleman's agreement not to move up our cannons, fire cannons through infantry, retreat cannons, etc.
Well the SB options will definitely change in future tournaments. We wanted the first tournament to be as simple as possible. I'll be sure to include objectives in the next one.

And you're in luck with the 250 yard rifles, I already have them in the Championship OOB. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Re: Tournament 1 - Week 2 Information

Post by SouthernSteel »

And you're in luck with the 250 yard rifles, I already have them in the Championship OOB. :)
:pinch:

I don't know on the instant limber cannon, that still kind of blows my mind. I always thought the goal was to get closer to realism? I demand 206.35 yard rifles! I do think it will be interesting if (and as I understand, when) 200 yd rifles come about to see how that will affect the balance of gameplay.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861