Explaining the Toolbar

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Explaining the Toolbar

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Will someone take the time to explain all the different buttons on the toolbar, with a screenie to point to each button. I am curious what they all mean!
Hancock the Superb
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re:Explaining the Toolbar

Post by JC Edwards »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
Will someone take the time to explain all the different buttons on the toolbar, with a screenie to point to each button. I am curious what they all mean!
Patience my young Padawan. Patience.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

It will all be in the game manual in full detail. However the game manual has not been written yet, so you will have to be patient.

Besides, there are likely to be changes, especially after we get into beta testing and see how things work in action. What is posted is the current state of development as of whenever that shot was taken.
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Ahh, so it is not perfected. Ok, fine with me, for a little while, my stomach gets hungry very easily...
Hancock the Superb
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Hancock wrote:
ironsight (yeah me:P ) from another thread wrote:
HaHa, my first impression of that tool 'oval' reminded me of my first car, a '57 Plymouth Savoy which had those transmission push buttons on the dashboard just to the left of the steering wheel!!
Its all very simple, press the;
'D' button to Charge
'N' button to Halt
'R' button to Retreat
'1' button to Double Quick
What could be simpler? :S

:laugh: :laugh:
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

ironsight wrote:
Hancock wrote:
ironsight (yeah me:P ) from another thread wrote:
HaHa, my first impression of that tool 'oval' reminded me of my first car, a '57 Plymouth Savoy which had those transmission push buttons on the dashboard just to the left of the steering wheel!!
Its all very simple, press the;
'D' button to Charge
'N' button to Halt
'R' button to Retreat
'1' button to Double Quick
What could be simpler? :S

:laugh: :laugh:

'W' for instant victory:woohoo:
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Amish John
Reactions:

Toolbar item - What time is it?

Post by Amish John »

The digital time shown in red text seems kind of hard to read.

Maybe somewhere down the road you could have a pocketwatch displayed with a keyboard function to display/hide the watch. Remember, no adjusting knob on the top - Keywind/keyset. Digital just doesn't have that 19th century feel to it.
Last edited by Amish John on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

OOO. Good idea!
Hancock the Superb