WISHLIST - Seven Years War

Airchinapilot
Reactions:

Re:WISHLIST - Seven Years War

Post by Airchinapilot »

Ah well for some reason I got a hankering for some bayonet and musket style warfare and looked up to see what MMG was doing and found my way here. :)
JohnD
Reactions:

Post by JohnD »

Airchinapilot wrote:
By the way, there is a good episode of Canada: A People's History that contains a reenactment of the Battle of the Plains of Abraham...
Excellent. I'm kicking this one upstairs to On The Line. Thanks.
John
EarlofWarwick
Reactions:

Post by EarlofWarwick »

This war is quickly becoming one of my favorites--so many possibilities as it was the first true world war.

I would think that any title covering this war, especially as it unfolded in North America, would have to somehow cover sieges and fortifications, which figure prominently in many of the major American battles: Ticonderoga, Quebec, Louisburg, Ft. William Henry. This should include field fortifications such as abatis, redoubts, and earthworks, which continued to show up well into the Revolutionary War (Saratoga, Brooklyn Heights, Yorktown).
Except for Age of Rifles (one of my favs) no game has adequately covered this aspect of 18th and 19th century warfare.
Last edited by EarlofWarwick on Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.