The whole experience thing

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Re: The whole experience thing

Post by SouthernSteel »

Ok. . . I get it. By "here" I thought you meant Norbsoft.
Yeah, it's tough being omniscient.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

With random regiment replacing, your new division will have some good regiments in it, and you can then set it to only bring those if you want, new players probably would do better bringing a few good regiments rather than a full division.

And Barlow does that anyway. <-- (random comment)

Anyone object to having all but two regiments in each division removed and replaced by new ones? It's a good day to do it, some people might not realize it's permanent until later so the complaints will be spread out.
Last edited by Garnier on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

If you look at it historically, there was a wide spread in unit quality among new regiments joining an existing brigade. There would be green units with minimal training and good veteran regiments from brigades or divisions that were being dispersed due to excess casualties.

You might also consider the option to allow a CO to request the merger small regiments. This was a common practice in the CS, especially later in the war.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863