Options Choices Not Recorded

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
exp101
Reactions:

Options Choices Not Recorded

Post by exp101 »

Hi,
Have played through a few scenarios at "Normal" settings and thought I'd give HITS a shot to see what it's like. However, when I go into the "Options" screen, select and apply "Historical" and make other changes, click "Apply" or "Apply & Go to Page 2," none of the changes made are recognized. Everything remains at the original "Normal" settings. There must be something obvious I'm missing, but I've done everything I can think of.

Anyone else run across this or have any sage advice?

Many thanks,
Ron (exp101)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Options Choices Not Recorded

Post by Little Powell »

So lets say you go to the options, click Historical, hit the check mark to apply the options, leave the options screen, come back and the difficulty options are back to Normal?

If that's the case, the only thing I can think of is you don't have write access to the sowgb.ini file. Right click on your game folder and make sure you have Full Control of it. Also make sure you are an administrator of your PC.
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

The "Read-Only" limitation has been removed from all folders & files and I am the Administrator with full control -- but still the same result. The program does not allow any adjustment away from "Normal" settings.

Does the program require that specific progress be made in early scenarios before it allows selection of HITS and other options?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

No, there are no requirements for the options.

Stupid question, but did you restart your computer after you removed the Read Only limitation?
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

I just reinstalled the game and everything now works fine. Must have had a corrupted file somehow.

Thanks for your help!