Norb, and NSD Team.

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Norb, and NSD Team.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I was messing about, and I stumbled onto turning photo's into Real U.S postage stamps.

Anyway, if you folks still use stamps, I was thinking advertise the game by using your SOWgb logo on stamps...

Who knows, maybe one day you send out your phone bill with your sowgb logo on the stamp, and you get yourself another customer. Who knows right?

Here is a link: http://photo.stamps.com/Store/?source=s ... e=73666984

I just typed in "Turning Photos into Stamps" in Google.

It's just a thought guys.

later.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Norb, and NSD Team.

Post by born2see »

Michael Slaunwhite wrote:

I was messing about, and I stumbled onto turning photo's into Real U.S postage stamps...

I should be used to this by now. :) :)
Last edited by born2see on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I was messing about, and I stumbled onto turning photo's into Real U.S postage stamps...

I should be used to this by now. :) :)
(Hehehehe)... :huh:
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

At the moment there are projectors which have a USB plug, but that is not what I am looking for. I want the usb to be the projector
That might be rough. I don't know anything about it either but it seems to me you would need something with a light source and a lens. The video could be sent to it like a monitor.

How did you get from that to personalized postage stamps?

I think they call it eclectic thinking. Defined as "deriving ideas...from a broad and diverse range of sources".

Anyway, this is way off topic. We'd better stop before RB gets a whiff. He's like a shark with blood in the water when it comes to sensing this stuff. :P

B
Last edited by born2see on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

At the moment there are projectors which have a USB plug, but that is not what I am looking for. I want the usb to be the projector
That might be rough. I don't know anything about it either but it seems to me you would need something with a light source and a lens. The video could be sent to it like a monitor.

How did you get from that to personalized postage stamps?

I think they call it eclectic thinking. Defined as "deriving ideas...from a broad and diverse range of sources".

Anyway, this is way off topic. We'd better stop before RB gets a whiff. He's like a shark with blood in the water when it comes to sensing this stuff. :P

B
HAHAHAHAhahaa..man that's funny! Yeah, I don't want the shark hunting me down, I have enough problems with the wife. :whistle:

Maybe NSD could have a live text chat program here so I could be talking to you now without having to post. I don't really use Teamspeak.

Take care born2see.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

We had/have a chat room for MMG - it's a tad slow. But that would be a great idea for the NSD Forum - Maybe a word from the almighty CODER himself! :)
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We had an online chat with the mp folks a little while back. We put lots of their suggestions into one of the patches.

Right now we just have to start focusing on the new content and the host of new features. I've been trying to recreate some of the mp issues, make it cleaner, but it's hard to debug issues that require 8 connections to see.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi.

Okee Doke. :)

Cheers.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

We had an online chat with the mp folks a little while back. We put lots of their suggestions into one of the patches.

Right now we just have to start focusing on the new content and the host of new features. I've been trying to recreate some of the mp issues, make it cleaner, but it's hard to debug issues that require 8 connections to see.
We're always around in the evenings and more than glad to have any/all of you drop by when you can to get a game in with us. I think Little Powell even grudgingly admitted he enjoyed playing with us :P It's unbelievably easier to just have you guys see these things for yourselves, but I understand your time constraints, etc.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861