Objectives

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Re: Objectives

Post by SouthernSteel »

While I can actually sympathize with the sentiment, Seal, realize you are basically the pot calling the kettle black here :pinch: Clarity is good, but you will likely receive little to no credit.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
X Navy Seal
Reactions:

Post by X Navy Seal »

I did think that using 5 obj instead of 7 obj worked well though.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

We didn't "rush in." We pushed hard and basically routed what was left of your division. Unfortunately, my boys were so worn out that they could only sit on the wall and eat canister for about 5 minutes before I finally had to pull back. Your side took control of the objective and eventually turned it. Although we still won the battle.

A bigger radius reduces the number of column rushes by single regiments to turn an objective neutral, mostly because it's easier to keep several defensive regiments within the diameter. Whereas with a small radius, it usually only takes on or two column rushing regiments to turn it.

We've had several games where one side pushed hard with their lines and managed to turn a 250 yard radius objective neutral, as Garnier and I did last night. To me, that's much preferred to column rushing.
X Navy Seal
Reactions:

Post by X Navy Seal »

I respectfully disagree - hehe. A smaller radius allows the army to construct a buffer zone of defensive lines around the obj and thus they have a better chance of keeping the enemy from entering the radius at all. I do not think it encourages column charging anymore than a 250 yd radius would. If anything, I would think the 250 yd radius would encourage such charging because the attacking player knows that all he has to do is get inside that radius to have a chance of turning it. We should try it tonight and see. I would be willing to compromise on 100 yds but still think 50 yds might be the way to go.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

With 7 objectives, it's not so easy to construct said buffer zone. And a small objective radius forces a player to waste a regiment by placing it right on top of the objective.

But at least you respect your elders.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Seal is a very good player. He's super-competitive, and that leads to him doing whatever it takes to help his side win. Like his methods or not (I personally have no problem with column rushing), one must admit games are rarely boring when Seal's division is on the field.

You fought a hell of a defensive fight last night against the bulk of both mine and Garnier's divisions. Once again left all alone on the flank, your boys fought to the last and held long enough for sspoom to come over and secure that objective. I thoroughly enjoyed that battle, except the part where I ate canister for several minutes.