Kriegsspiel Review

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: Kriegsspiel Review

Post by Martin James »

If Norb & the team think a blank sheet is best, I'm happy to be guided by them.

It would be good if the map formats could be retained though, so we could use the existing maps with the new engine when it arrives. Will that be possible, or are they up for grabs too?

Martin
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

LP Wrote:
Our plans are set but we don't like to make announcements until we are in beta testing or at least soon to be.
I fully understand, things can change overnight (that is one of the best things about creating something, you never know where it's going to lead).
There's still plenty of cool stuff to enjoy until then. There's Pipe Creek, I plan to update the Bonus Scenarios, and Rebbugler is always releasing exciting mods.
Oh absolutely. What keeps a game alive for years is it's ability to be modded. Even to this day I still play Doom with the Alein's mod, and I'm still on the look out for new mods which are still being made for it.

I am looking forward to whats coming next from you folks, and I'll be waiting at the door ready to spend my money...your work is top notch, and I will always keep coming back for more! :woohoo:

Cheers...
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

That was a very good review. The comments about the AI were spot on. I too, can't think of any game that has a comparable AI.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

If Norb & the team think a blank sheet is best, I'm happy to be guided by them.

It would be good if the map formats could be retained though, so we could use the existing maps with the new engine when it arrives. Will that be possible, or are they up for grabs too?

Martin
Currently we have no plans on changing the map format. It's not something in the plans, but I cannot promise it won't come up. That's mostly why we don't announce anything too early, we don't want to let people down or set their expectations too high.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

I'm just glad I'm along for the ride and will support your work and as now, promote it as much as possible. It is easy to back what you believe in, as someone who has been in sales and public relations in one form or another for a long time, it's easy to see you have a winning concept and that your idea of business is not one found too often nowadays. I hear integrity in what you are saying and that is something I can use as a model to those whom I have the privilege to teach and advise.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

we don't want to let people down or set their expectations too high.
Aha! Solidly pessimistic through and through, I like it! :woohoo:
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Great News, build a new engine, while unlocking this one!!!!!

Unlock.....Unlock.....Unlock.....Unlock.....Unlock.....Unlock.....

Sorry, I got carried away!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!