Quick Question on NSD next edition.

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Quick Question on NSD next edition.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Question: Are you going to purchase the rights to use another game engine or will you be building from the ground up?

Cheers...
norb
Reactions:

Re: Quick Question on NSD next edition.

Post by norb »

We'll be using our current engine. We have tried others in the past, but they are just all geared towards the giant shooters that people create today. With all of our additions, nothing so far has beaten out power render.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

We'll be using our current engine. We have tried others in the past, but they are just all geared towards the giant shooters that people create today. With all of our additions, nothing so far has beaten out power render.
Man that reply was quick, I didn't even have time to take my finger out my nose. :whistle:

Okay not a problem at all. You are absolutely right, the majority of the engines are for FPS. It would be a bit difficult to figure out which to choose even if you were thinking about it.

Cheers...
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi.

Since it's the same engine, I'm just wondering instead of having to build from scratch how about making this current game accept plugins/modules which would expand your current platform (these plugins wouldn't be patches).

It would the same as building on any OS/hardware for your computer.

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

It is probably better to think of it as a major overhaul and upgrade. Our goal is to make this NG as much of a step up from GB as GB was from TC2M. Only time will tell if we will get to MV.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi Jim.

Okay thanks for the reply. :huh:

Cheers...
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.