Cavalry charge fix

alessillo
Reactions:

Re: Cavalry charge fix

Post by alessillo »

Jack, no change, here you see Austrian cavalry shooting at a French battery, the battery is in open terrain and it's at 70 - 90 yards from the enemy

I don't want to bore you with my problem, but I'm very interested in the cavalry fix for my Zulu mod, if your fix works I could use it in my mod.

Cheers
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

A,

Am at a total loss here. I have zero problems with this file. Cavalry charged me NP last night while I was in square. My Horse counter-charged on que, scattering them.

Gentlemen at large,

Is anyone else having the same problem? Let's get this nailed down. Cavalry were a very important part of Napoleonic warfare. As the Emperor himself said, "Cavalry is important before, during and after a Battle."

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Are you pressing the Charge button? Cav still dont auto-charge unlimbered artillery but they will if you give them the order to do so. Im not sure if the AI uses the order or not.
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alessillo
Reactions:

Post by alessillo »

Now I understand, when I saw the title of the subject "Cavalry charge fix" I thought that it fixed the AI auto-charge problem, so the bug remains, without the command by the user, cavalry do not charge unlimbered artillery and we must wait for a patch to resolve this problem. Is this correct?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

cavalry do not charge unlimbered artillery
Correct. IIRC it was removed because it caused some sort of issue. I can't remember what that issue was though. I'll make sure it gets addressed again for a future release.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

A,

Post the file I posted. I'll check it and see if it's corrupted or not.

Beef,

Are you having any issues? Does your Cavalry charge?

Mike,

What about you?

Jack B)
I haven't come across any problems yet Jack, I'll let you know if I see anything out of the ordinary.

:)
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

OMG! (Sound of forehead being slapped)...

A,

I am so sorry. It never occured to me about the auto-charge, since I have been manually charging the artillery. The Horse will auto-charge Infantry no problem. I have been "riding at the head of my men" as it were when I charge the Batteries with my Horse. A thousand apologies for not making the connection sooner.
Also, thanks to everyone for replying. We all make this work.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"