Getting Garniers OOB Editor to work with the Nappy Conversion.

Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Getting Garniers OOB Editor to work with the Nappy Conversion.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Okay, first I know I am placing this request or question in the Nappy part of the forum... :ohmy:

Question: Is it possible to convert over the files in Garniers oob editor to work with the Nappy Conversion?

Also if the answer is a "yes", which files, and info do I need to transfer over to get this baby working?

Later... (I'm a very confused little man, so any help would be appreciated.) :blink:
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Getting Garniers OOB Editor to work with the Nappy Conversion.

Post by gunship24 »

I havent used Garniers OOB editor for this mod. I will take a look at it.
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

Knowung garnier from many years of gaming with him on American Conquest fight back napoleonic mod I believe if we can contact him he would be more than willing to at least help in this great Mod with OOBs. I was and I believe he still is a part of Hawks gaming group which has a strong following for Napoleonic gaming. I remember when we were at our height we had at least 20 Hawks battling at least 2 times a week. If this Mod finds a way to get multiplayer working I will contact the Hawks and hopefully we can find a way to bring a few of them over here. I know the way the game deals with orders would really make a lot of the members happy because at one point we were looking for ways to really get a feel for control and command by having one general act as overall commander who only commanded the reserve and gave order to his two other generals. I believe this game would complete that and really give a feel for the period.
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

I should say "thank you" as a former member of that august body of gamers. You would have known me as bfrusa.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

Jack did we battle together? I stopped playing a few years back but enjoyed a lot of good times with my Frenchies. I wish I could of just controlled the cavalry as it is the arm that I feel best suited for. I would call myself the best leader of light cavalry the Hawks had, but we all had our favorites. I never managed to learn to control whole armies and I felt more comfortable with smaller and faster forces. Even with this MOD I feel the same way as a division is all I can deal with without going crazy. I have been away from the Hawks for almost 2 years now, but I am flirting with joining back up becaused I wanted to expand to either this MOD or HWLG.

LN
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

L24,

Yes, I'm sure we were there together at some point. Good days. These might be better. Yes, Division command is about where I stop. Corps/Korps Command keeps me too far from the action. Forget Army Command. HOWEVER, I have one of my many modded OOBs where I use Oudinot's 2nd. Coprs but have left out Claparede's Division. Leaves you with Tharreau's foot, Colbert's Horse and the Corps reserve Batteries. Kind of a flanking force/advance guard type unit. Not as unweildy as it may sound. Nets you 2,000 horsemen, too. ;)
Not all that crazy about HistWar. Too strategic and computer draining.

I'm sure we can put together something for you. Right now we have no Russians, but plenty of Austrian Horse to fight. A Division vs. Division OOB is quite easy. However, there are only Light Cavalry to fight with right now. Dragoons and Cuirassiers later down the road, I hope. Let me know.

Sic Semper Fidelis

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I havent used Garniers OOB editor for this mod. I will take a look at it.
It's an excellent OOB editor. It can convert TC2M OOB's over to SOWgb format, and create random oobs along with a nice editor to create our own from scratch.

It's a must have believe me.
Attachments
EditOBB_Nov_27th_2011.rar
(356.57 KiB) Downloaded 4 times